1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Account sharing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Miika, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:14 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    hows the job search going? #Banter #Youaresowelcomemate

2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:14 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I just find it hilarious that you think hsing and xferring has same ammount of impact as grinding a chracters to 200 as 2 people. So funny dude ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Trolling aside-

Its against the rules either way. I'm saying from a community / staff standpoint that logging onto anyone's account that is not your own repeatedly to benefit yourself is against the rules and should be treated as such.

You aren't above the rules lad.

4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Oh I agree, Just saying that im pretty sure the punishment should differ because of the ammount of acc sharing is quite differen. But w.e I'm not staff, either way no one has gotten banned for this so the rule is pretty much bullshit. Should be removed from ToS so everyone can acc share in peace once and for all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Yeah I'm with you on that one mate. Either enforce the rule or don't put it there.

Yet I think the punishment should be kept the same no matter the level of abuse due to it benefiting you in multiple ways, but thats just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    12:14 PM
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure

It's only there to prevent drama from starting when accounts get stripped. It's no different then when you share gear with another person. You are setting yourself up for a bad time. GMs dont want to deal with that drama because well... thats pointless stuff -_-. Thats why it should STAY in the ToS and only be used in that instance...

If we are talking about bishops selling leech... Hey more bishops selling leech is ALWAYS better for the community. If that means that more money is going to be moving around the market.. I'm all for this!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Babo's what.png

But seriously, did you just tell me that me being a higher level is a disadvantage to lower levels so it's my fault they're disadvantaged??? You are absolutely correct. I have an advantage to lower level / newer players because I've been playing longer than them.

Your logic about the two corsairs is akin to 2 people racing. One of them is driving a 1 speed bicycle, the other rather than use his own bike for the race, decides to get in his friends sportscar. He doesn't drive it, the friend who owns the sportscar drives and he is the passenger. Scrub bicyclist gets smoked, but that's his own problem for not having a friend with a car and sticking to riding his bike all by himself. Stop blaming other people for your own inabilities to have friends in positions of advantage.

Even if I don't account share and have access to a bishop, I still have a bishop friend. My bishop friend is going to give me all that bishop $$$ no matter what, and I will STILL buy up all those rare gun 30% scrolls and the other guy with no money won't. My friend will leech me and I will outlevel the other guy. Shitty for the other guy but that's hardly my fault; that's how the game and life works. Either he should git gud or find good friends to do for him what I can do with my friends. I'm gonna be in that better "advantageous" position without breaking TOS.

People with resources and friends can walk all over those who don't, and they can do it without account sharing anyway. Therefore, there's no point in having account sharing illegal.

8. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    2:14 AM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Now i remember why i stay off forums :3
    "
    Tfw half of the post here is about roasting charlo"]

• Like Like x 8
  9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well if the only reason you are higher level is because you account shared.... YES.

OK there, Bucco, I'm not blaming anyone for anything here in this thread. Except maybe being in denial or having a lack of reading comprehension.

I'm not jealous of anyone here, and I couldn't care less if you supposedly have friends that would just give you all their mesos. I find that hard to believe though. It's the kind of suspicious activity that would make staff believe vote abuse is going on. Which is yet another activity forbidden in the TOS. Just saying.

11. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Just because it's hard to believe doesn't mean it has a 0% chance of happening. We aren't even talking about vote abuse here.

The argument in this thread wasn't if account sharing is illegal or not; the argument was some people feeling that the end results are unfair IF account sharing happens. My argument in all of this was that the end results in this game are the same whether account sharing happens OR does not happen; the losing party which felt the disadvantage will feel the disadvantage regardless of if someone else account shared or reaped the same benefits without account sharing.

You might not believe it, but if a good friend of mine needed 100mil that they didn't have in order to buy something that shows up rarely in FM before anyone else had the chance to gather mesos, I would do it. People who don't have those kinds of resources will lose out. I could use all my rightfully voted NX to go gach and give all my proceeds to the same friend, and they could gach on their own account too. That is not multi voting, it's not against TOS, yet my friend benefits from twice the amount of gaching.

12. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    4:14 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    bbokkobbokko I really don't care. Your argument is like saying hacking should be allowed because anyone with a high level friend could just provide you with extremely good gear and leeches anyway. And the end result is the same because in the end everyone is lv 200 and all gear is perfect!

But all this really shows is you are missing our point and are desperately trying to justify this behavior.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    11:14 AM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    LF> bishop friend to do this for me ):

• Like Like x 4
  15. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    3:14 AM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    My 2 cents. I think account sharing is like in the gray zone between sharing homework and sharing a play list. The person getting free homework is getting an advantage with little to no effort, which I do disapprove. But if you made an awesome music playlist, why wouldn't you share it. I am also in the camp that because it is my "stuff", I should be able to use it for whatever purposes as long as it is not hurting others or breaking profits. This topic is comparable to the "sharing games" debate. Even though we automatically agreed to the terms and services, it does not mean people agree on it. Example again is no (or really restricted) "sharing games," it is on the terms and services (cough cough Microsoft), but people still firmly believe that they should be able to do what they want with "their copy," which is not very far of from "sharing accounts" and do exactly just that. Of course, sharing account is case by case situation, but a common practice.

Now the problem is because this has been an ongoing practice, if a GM decides to enforce this rule, it would have massive consequences in terms of server health. Say 1/3 or 1/4 players share accounts in some form or way whether it is for leeching/transferring/buff muling and say we have 60 people on average on a good day. Congratulations you just banned 15-20 people. Now say about half did not come back, you just killed of 7-10 people of your already tiny island. Now you have an option, uphold the justice and risk killing a portion of your server population, which I remind you has been quite low until recently, or turn a blind eye. I think account sharing is okay, UP to a certain point. If it gives a player too much an advantage or has a negative impact then the case can be made that it is wrong.

• Like Like x 8
  16. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    You cant wrap your head around the legitimate vs illegitimate examples. Hacking/vaccing/duping cant even be used in this argument because you are physically breaking / trying to get around the game programming.

Logging on and playing characters that were legitimately created and grinded (doesnt matter by who) and using their acquired gears, mesos, amd skills is not the same thing, you are not changing the physical game programming.

If you apply and get a job instead of your competition because you know the right people, even though you are both equally qualified for the position, it is not the same as the employer hiring you because you put a gun to your competitions head and forced him to withdraw his application and there is nobody else for the employer to choose from except you.

Account sharing isnt putting a gun to anyone elses head and forcing them to be unable to play their own game. Knowing the right people and having connections is not hacking the game. It's social skills. For those people who can't accept this, good luck in life, it's gonna walk all over you.

Funny-memes-unless-life-also-hands-you-sugar-483x720.png
    Im gonna go get my sugar and water from friends though, and mine will taste delicious.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  17. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    2:14 AM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    When your life is maple, and you hear people talking about irl stuff.
    :>

• Like Like x 2
  18. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Thats why you have to Go2skool lynnie.
    :3

19. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Having multiple people playing and leveling one character is illegitimate the moment its against the ToS. Account sharing is against ToS. The end. As mentioned before, anyone risking accountsharing is also risking being banned.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I posted something and never opened the thread again and now I find all of this because Franco told me to check it...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.