1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Letter event rewards and info

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:09 PM
    Moderator Post
    Follow up to this event: Click

This is a community event I've enjoyed making. A lot of team working went into this and many people explored areas they didn't visit in a very long time. Due to success we most likely make similar community events in future. To me events where people have to work hard are most fun, since that's what old MapleStory was all about.
    --------------------------------
    ~The global reward~

The global reward is the reward everyone can enjoy. You can thank the users that helped hard find the letters for making it possible.

The reward
    The Christmas event will be extended for 1 more week, which means the new event end is January 15 23:59/11:59 PM server time. A quick restart will be done later today to apply it to our automatic event scheduler.
    EXP and Mesos as well as drop increase by 5% as soon as all letters were collected. This will be applied after the restart, which means there will be 1 week 20% mesos EXP and drop increase instead of 15%.

We hope you'll have additional fun and we hope you will participate in future community events, as well as in future trying win the community event as soon as possible in hope to get the best out of the reward ;)
    ~The user rewards~

Of course when you only have a global reward people will not do these events, which means we also do rewards for users that helped make it happen.
    ~The biggest contributor(s)~

If it wasn't for them, it was most likely not finished. The biggest contributors is without doubt fryberfryber and ChowChow. They both got 11 letters, so there's not even one that did better!

The reward:
    1 Chaos Scroll each
    5,000 Vote Cash each letter (55,000 total) (separate coming rewards not counted)
    ~"FIRST!"~

The person that found the very first letter is JenteJente

The reward:
    15,000 Vote Cash
    ~First Oversea find~

The first person to find a letter at a non-GMS region was minx112minx112 which was in Ximending.

The reward:
    20,000 Vote Cash
    ~Boss get!~

The first and only person to find a letter from a main boss is iCheccoiChecco with Female Boss

The Reward:
    30,000 Vote Cash
    ~Its hot in here!~

Found the secret, hidden letter at the Spa, done by fryberfryber

The reward:
    10,000 Vote Cash
    ~Its... over~

The very last piece was found by fryberfryber

The reward:
    10,000 Vote Cash
    ~Other~

Everyone else will get 5,000 for each contributed letter.
    When are rewards given?

Due to way I wrote who did what it will take some time. I will improve this in next similar event to write the names by IGN rather than forum ID.
    Conclusion

We hope everyone had fun with this event. There's some tweaks I will make most likely with similar events, but to me it already went good and positive. Thank you all for having fun doing something again for first time, and we hope you enjoy the global reward.

~The MapleLegends Staff~

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Lifeguard

Lifeguard Mushmom

Oct 22, 2016
    Male
    United Kingdom
    11:09 AM
    Lifeguard
    Priest
    Nebula
    <3 As always amazing, thank you Maple Community for extending the event, its all due to you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    1:09 PM
    Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday, ApplePi
    Beginner, Islander, I/L Wizard, Bandit
    Graaats :D you guys are amazing! <3

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:09 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Very good event. Just wish I would have had my computer for the first weeks when it all started. Maybe I would have been motivated to help out more at all. :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    3:09 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ahhh I was so giddy reading this haha! So hype the event is extended since I could barely play during this holiday season MapleF11 But I'm glad I was at least able to help a teeny bit hehe. Grats to all and extra grats to Chow and Op, damn! What are you too gonna two with that mountain of cash/mesos? Onionthehehe

Also a big thank you for holding the event, I love these kind of community-wide events and it's the kinda thing that really hits home the maple nostalgia for me! I hope there's more to come in the future! ^^

• Like Like x 3
  6. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    5:09 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    If we're being honest, I'm probably going to screenshot it. Slap it on a 3 att cape only to have it fail.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:09 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    gratz for all winners, was nice event <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    I'd just like to say thanks again, it was a great event and fun in general to visit the less populair places while uniting with some of the other players, in my case I spend a lot of time searching for the last letters together with OpTic. I'm still suprised by the way we and everyone else got rewarded because of the completion of the event, very generous! The thing I'm most happy about is the extending and bonus on top of the event we already had going that would've ended soon otherwise. It's a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy the extra's we've been gifted a little while longer together :) ~
    Thank you Ryae, honestly most of it will be saved for quite a while nx-wise, and the Chaos scroll.... I didn't even expect to get one, let alone what to do with it. So it'll probably sit in my inventory for a little while until I decide what I'm going to do with it ^_^

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    3:09 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ohh you guys are brave, I think I would end up getting scared of it and wimping out and selling it LOL OnionSweatie Best of luck!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    TIME TO DUPE PogChamp