1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magatia Quest Bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Miruki, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Miruki

Miruki Slime

Dec 26, 2015
    5:54 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    5:54 PM
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): The Magatia Quest 'Parwen's Memory' can't be accepted.
    What is supposed to happen?: You're supposed to be able to accept it then get warped to another map.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Hidden Street: Authorized Personnel Only, Parwen NPC.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug
    (optional): -
    Extra information (optional): http://imgur.com/a/bX61c

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:54 PM
    Moderator Post
    We may have a bunch of Magatia quests fixed soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed next rev.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yogevmiz

yogevmiz Slime

Oct 4, 2016
    Male
    Israel
    11:54 PM
    Jinchuriki
    Bishop
    kim, do u guys have a date for adding Magatia PQ and all the relevents quests?

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:54 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Given MPQ is part of v.64, it probably could be. I do remember people abusing the hell out of that PQ somehow for quick and easy experience.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Eh, I don't remember abuse of MPQ. But I do remember doing it a lot with a WK, and I was awesome at saving Romeo/Juliet, cause I'd use ice charge with a lolipop and so basically would never even kill any of the spawning mobs, while keeping them all frozen and away from the NPC.

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:54 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Me, too! =oD It was all about keeping them frozen without killing them.

But the abuse was rampant and devious. Somewhere in the coding, people were able to go through the first couple stages and then the leader would expel everyone from the party...but that would send you to the end of the success map instead of the failed map - so everyone got the end-of-PQ experience and a bonus. By the time everyone got back into the party, the PQ was reset and ready for you to go in. I remember the admins in GMS were unforgiving. I did it once just to see what the hell was going on, and then never did that again. I hate cheaters.

9. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Its still bugged, i could not start Phyllia quest to get the silver pendant after i talked to Dr Lang so i forfeited it to see if i missed something, then i could not go back inside to restart the quest with Dr Lang.

http://imgur.com/a/pqLfU

10. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    You just had to deliver it to Parwen, which is where you get warped to when accepting the quest.

Not really a bug, you just made the mistake of forfeiting a quest that you can't accept anymore after leaving that place. It's virtually impossible to create some sort of 'extra warp' to go back again when you leave, without changing around the entire quest mechanics. I don't think Neckson ever expected people to forfeit this quest. Only thing that can be done about it is to add some message somewhere that you should go to Parwen, idk.

A GM will have to manually start that quest for you again so you can talk to Parwen and complete it. After that, Phyllia should have the next quest for you.

11. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    This is what i have done, after talking to Parwen the quest was still *In Progress* which is why i forfeited it, i though it would just be a small glitch and that starting it over would maybe fix it which did not happen. I do not need a GM to start it manualy, warping me inside the map with the NPC will be way faster, but if it remain glitched again after i speak to Dr. De Lang's then Parwen there is no point in redoing it until the quest is actualy fixed. I also do not get what you talk about when your saying that i needed to deliver it to Parwen, there was nothing to deliver to Parwen, you get the Silver Pendant at the Dr. De Lang's House after you launched the quest with Phylia which can only be started up after you talked to Dr. De Lang's once you been warped inside and that right after you talked to Parwen again, once that is done you should be able to start a Quest from Phylia but mine was just bugged which is why i did forfeit the quest.

12. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Again, it is not bugged. There is nothing to fix. It works exactly as intended, and has been tested by multiple people, and by me a million times over. I even logged into GMS to do all these quests myself, to get all the right quest dialogues (see Number32Number32, I was actually doing research :asshat:).

You made a mistake going to Phyllia right after, forgetting to go to Parwen, and then forfeiting the quest. If you had gone to Parwen before forfeiting the quest, you could have delivered the quest just fine. This is what you implied you did in your first post and this is the only possible way you can be in this situation. It is in no way possible that this quest was not deliverable for you at Parwen, while it is possible for everyone else.

What is supposed to happen is:
    1. You accept quest at Parwen, he warps you to Dr. De Lang, you deliver the quest.
    2. You accept quest at Dr. De Lang, he warps you back to Parwen, you deliver the quest.
    3. A new quest at Phyllia becomes available, etc etc

I am 110% sure that the only thing that needs to happen for you is a GM starting the quest (ID 3321) for you gain, or, like you said, warping you to Dr. D Lang's lab. Both methods consist of just 1 command, so they're equally as fast lol.

Hope to have informed you enough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I can do what poof mentioned to see if thats the issue. Let me know when you are online!

14. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor

You did not inform me, you exactly copied paste what i just said, but you do not seem to get that after i talked again to Parwen again the quest
    was stuck *In Progress* and that Phylia was not giving any quest which is why i forfeited, you need to read what people say before replying and saying exactly the same thing that they just explained to you. Its simple, the quest got bugged for me, can you understand that ? Also, i doubt you logged on GMs to do it, you cant even take 5 minute to read what i actualy said before replying the exact same thing i just explained and your saying that you would take over 1 hour just to check it out on Gms so you can confirm it to me???

15. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Look, all I'm saying is that it's not bugged. Just find a GM in-game and get that quest accepted again.

I don't know what you mean with the 1 hour GMS thing, I never mentioned anything about hours. What I meant is that I did the quests on GMS to code the quests with the authentic quest and NPC dialogue, as there wasn't enough documentation to be found on YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    My bad i thought you were meaning you did go on GMs to complete all the quest to see if it was working the same way as it was on this server. I did not knew you were the one that coded it. Well if its not bugged, i guess it just got glitched on my account for an unknown reason, i dont have any other explanation about it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  17. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    It worked this time thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1