1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Capt. Latanica quest chain bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by nsigma, Sep 6, 2015.

1. nsigma

nsigma Blue Snail

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    1:29 AM
    Spearman
    Description of the bug: Second quest in the quest chain ("the secret of ghostship") doesn't work- instead of showing a monster kill count objective it tells me to talk with Ralph the Wanderer (the quest giver), but talking to him doesn't do anything (he also doesn't have the "quest in progress" symbol above his head). Additionally, the forfeit/quest helper buttons are grayed out.
    [​IMG]
    What is supposed to happen?: I'm supposed to be asked to kill 120 slimy and skelkie jr. (http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/singapore/the-secret-of-ghostship).
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: After finishing the first quest in the chain.

2. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    6:29 PM
    Moderator Post
    Level up to 63 to be able to start part 2

3. Breogan

Breogan King Slime

Jan 9, 2017
    12:29 AM
    Breogan, Corvan
    Bandit, Pirate
    If it is intended to be a feature: fine. :D If it is a bug then it still exists. :meh:

ghosthip_bug.png

Description also from here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/quest-bugs.8118/#post-75236

The second quest part ("Making the Path to the Sea") doesn't activate even if you eliminate Slimy or Selkie Jr. It would be nice to see a behaviour like this:

Is it possible to implement this in Legends? :yay:

4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    6:29 PM
    Moderator Post
    I would call it both a feature and questionable game design by Neckson. :)

Hidden Street is also a little misleading. Although the "The Secret of Ghostship" quest line starts at level 58, you actually have to be level 63 in order to start the second quest in the quest line (Making the Path to the Sea). MapleWiki is accurate in terms of showing the level requirements by quest within the quest line : https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=The_Secret_of_Ghostship

The reason it is in the "In Progress" section is because the quest is a part of a chain as opposed to being a stand alone quest. By showing as "In Progress", it helps to let a player know that there is more that needs to be done before the quest line is officially completed (another example of a chain quest where this is useful is Mai's Training). Unfortunately, (as far as I am aware) this is one of, if not the only quest line that has varying level requirements for quests within the quest line.

A potential solution to reduce confusion would be to simply remove the level 63 requirement from the second quest, although I believe the original intent of the requirement was to discourage players from attempting to train on Slimys (lvl 63) at lower levels when they may not be strong enough to consistently defeat them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I can make this clear in the quest dialogue window, so if someone reach this place, they will see the level requirement in the window :)

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Done. I hope this makes it clear enough :)

[​IMG]

If there's more quests like this let me know :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Breogan

Breogan King Slime

Jan 9, 2017
    Breogan, Corvan
    Bandit, Pirate
    NaviNavi : Thank you for that detailed information of the technical background. It is very clear how it was implemented first and how it works nowadays. Don't get me wrong: it is no criticism, I just want to help to make Legends even better.

KimberlyKimberly : Cool solution. :cool: Actually it doesn't show the red text "Requires level 63 to start the next quest" at my quest list. Maybe it is because I already started the quest chain?

8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    You don't see it because it hasn't been changed in your files yet. You'll be able to see it in a future patch.