1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Logo

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by TheSharpUnknown, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TheSharpUnknown

TheSharpUnknown King Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    United States
    3:02 AM
    Spires
    Assassin
    I was reading this thread and was just curious, has anything like this ever been suggested?

[​IMG]

For those MS purists, you could argue that since the name ‘MapleStory’ is repeated twice on that screen anyway, that the bigger logo here represents the server while the smaller one represents the client game. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:02 AM
    Moderator Post
    I like that you used the old logo's style, which makes it a bit nice. An other server does similar but they use their actual logo style on the title screen which makes it look completely out of place. I still don't know if I want do this, though. It makes it look very Private Serverish and I am not a fan of that impression when someone enters the server.

Although yeah we did same for server name (Legends and not Scania..)

Still liked your post eitherway since its far away from bad, or a bad idea.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    TheSharpUnknown

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    United States
    Spires
    Assassin
    You make a fair point here. But I’ll argue that small customizations like this are justified. You guys are doing more than just throwing up a v62 server — you’re expanding upon it in your own ways. And for that you may as well give yourself a little bit more recognation.

The staff here seems to know where to draw the line for making original changes. Even when you do, you always keep the actual history of the game into consideration, which is respectable because you don’t see tons of out-of-place content.

Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Can you give me a trans. PNG of the whole logo? That way I can see how its in-game, and maybe make a community poll out of it.

Here's the PNG of current logo:

[​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    TheSharpUnknown

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    United States
    Spires
    Assassin
    Here you go. I tried my best to match the compression that the original had. You wouldn’t happen to know how to reproduce that dithered glow effect would you?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So finally got around adding it to game:

[​IMG]
    Current:
    [​IMG]

I am still not too sure. The font is smaller due to longer name, which is understandable, but it also makes it less authentic from the original logo. Also, I don't really like how the G is pretty much hitting the login board which makes it look really growded into each other. Yes, I am aware the big leaf does this too, but... IDK.

SlimeSlime maybe you got ideas to improve it? Though even if improved I am not sure if I want to change it.

Comments from other would be nice too.

7. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:02 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    If you could send me the old logo, the new one without the glow, and the background, I'll give it a shot.
    Also I can invest a little more time on it and try to imitate the original font manually, which would probably look a little closer to the original.
    Where'd you find this font AidanAidan? Is it Daniela?
    Edit: actually no need to send me the stuff, I think I already have the background, Kimmy already sent the old logo and the font is indeed Daniela. I'll give it a shot :3

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  8. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Oh wait, I don't have the background, could one of you send it to me please?

9. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Also this isn't really Pixel Art, so the glow effect might be more of YozichYozich's field. I think he's better with Photoshop than I am.

10. OP
    OP
    TheSharpUnknown

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    United States
    Spires
    Assassin
    Good eye, now that you mention it, the original does have slightly tighter tracking on the type.

Here you go, hopefully this will suffice!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Thank you! :D

12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just make the leaf slightly small so that it's not the words on sitting on the login... and then implement cause it's awesome