1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Community Poll) OPTION for Boat Ride Skipping

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hiyo, Mar 20, 2017.

Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY

111 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes! An option to skip would be nice

74 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes! An option to skip would be nice, but make sure it's expensive

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:32 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    With a new patch coming up (anniversary on April 1st), we, the staff, have been considering implementing the feature of boat rides to be skipped. However, you will still have the choice to ride the boat, even if we do end up adding this feature! We have mentioned earlier in "The Future of MapleLegends" thread that we want to reduce how tedious some aspects are to speed up the pace of the game. Before adding this new feature, we want to hear the community's voice and their opinion on skipping boat rides.

Please keep all arguments and discussions held in a civil manner! <3

The poll will close in 7 days. Please do not use second accounts to multi vote, they will not be counted. All votes are anonymous to public.

NOTICE: The winning result does not necessarily mean that we go with it. This is for information and feedback purposes only.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    2:32 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    slightly upset that this is even considered

• Like Like x 18
  3. Thijmenk

Thijmenk Horny Mushroom

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:32 AM
    Broccoli
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Travelling with boat is for me one of the most nostalgic thing oldschool maplestory has.
    Some parts are tedious, but this is just part of the game imo.
    If you don't want to travel why don't you add pantheon & the dimensional mirror.
    The rides on this server are already shortened, and travelling from A to B doesn't really take long if you know the quickest way

• Like Like x 7
  4. Africa

Africa Red Snail

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Africa
    Everything should stay like the same excluding the vip rocks.the best way is to reduce them price from 1.8k price ea to 1.2k ea max.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Boat skipping would kind of kill the nostalgia and the epic feels when 13 people made it on time to Zrun but one person is still slacking in Ellinia xD

No point to make both options available cause no1 would use the boat anymore... except for warriors, who kill crogs for stance quest or other people to get story book for quest....

You could reduce the time of boats. waiting 10min for Ellinia-> Orbis to arrive, then 10 min flight, dc on 9th minute, start all over. That's long. I would reduce it to 5min flight 1min waiting, other could be reduced too.

... or you can make an event quest for perma boat skip ticket...

... or not event quest but normal quest for boat skip scrolls. quest available once every 24h. 1-2 scrolls as reward. something like eos/orbis rock scrolls ;)

After all the poll says "An option to skip", not delete the ride completely. I'm down for that. It just must be a good, fair, not gamebreaking, nostalgia killing option :p

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nico

nico Blue Snail

Mar 20, 2017
    Male
    I gotta say if boat skip is invented, I will never get anything done irl anymore.
    The only free time I have is when I'm waiting for these boats!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:32 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I agree that the time waiting for the boat to arrive imo is the most tedious thing about boat rides. But I see these boat rides as part of Legends which somewhat breaks it away from the private server vibe. It adds a certain authenticity to the server and I'd hate to see there be an option to skip it other than the use of a vip rock.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:32 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    • Like Like x 3
  9. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Please no. this is old scholl maple story not post big band warping shit server

• Like Like x 4
  10. Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    Oddin
    Beginner
    One of the biggest things that made me quit global was the mobility they allowed,i hate it. if you remove boat riding,that'll destory the server purpose..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    Pls no

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Part of all the nostalgia was the effort you put into making plans. You always had to schedule when you take the boat, to finish quests on Vic before heading off to Orbis, do most quests there and go to Ludi etc.
    The bigger mobility will make the boundaries between Vic/Orbis/Ludi kinda vanish.

ML is all about nostalgia. Lower rates, older version. The goal of that always was the same. To have fun playing and to stay for longer. If you can get something really easily, when you have to put less effort into something, that thing is less interesting and makes you bored faster. I think same rule applies to boat rides. If it becomes too easy to travel, it will be less interesting.
    Hope you understand what I mean here.

An option to travel faster would be nice, but it shouldn't affect too much the nostalgia part of game.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Birb

Birb Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Pigeon
    Paladin
    Muse
    As someone who's very recently returned to Maplestory, I'd rather the boat rides be kept. Yeah, they're annoying when you leave a place and you realize you've forgotten to bring something or do something, or when you're in a rush but like others said, it's nostalgic and makes you put in a little more effort. (Also the "boats" are really awesome???) A minute or even ten isn't that much; if anything, like people have said, maybe reducing the wait times for the boats would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    This is not MapleRoyals FFS, you guys are copying Royals too much.. I would rather go back to that server than play here if this happens, this server has always been more unique than the rest of the servers.

Why advertise this server on gtop100 as '' Old school nostalgic private server '' when you can teleport to cities right away?

Just reduce the time to 5-7 minutes?

Whoever says that they are older and don't have time to wait for the ship, i see players playing HOURS daily and they can't wait for a ship?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    OnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappyOnionBanHappy

• Like Like x 2
  16. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    I could write down here how similar the servers are .

17. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Should I go get popcorn already? XD

• Like Like x 1
  18. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    Well first about, let's keep it on topic. MapleRoyals has a skip option on boats, now Legends wants it too. The rules are pretty much the same there and the content as well.

19. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:32 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    MapleRoyals has FM.
    MapleLegends has FM too. FUCK WE COPY ROYALS

• Like Like x 9
  20. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    MapleRoyals had FM teleport option way before legends did. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.