1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal white scroll rates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lionheart, Mar 26, 2017.

If server population is 200 people, slowly increasing, how many white scrolls should we see a day?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2017.
  1. 1

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. 3-4

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. 5-6

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. 7-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9-10

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. 11-15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 16-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 20+

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  10. less than 1

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:15 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm not sure what the ideal rate for white scroll production should be. As an older player, I've still never even gotten my hands on a single WS yet. However, other players in my league have gotten multiple ones, and very dank players are collecting them.

We want a challenge. Making the perfect weapon should be possible, but take a ton of work and dedication.. right? How many WS should we expect to see in a given day, on average?

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:15 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I don't think effort same like training a mage from 120, to 170, in black kent, and pouring 7b on cfa30 and wss, still 6+/1slot, still side of "lucky" in statistics, is not enough "dedicate" and WS rate needs nerf.

before revamp, there's someone who has 8b+ cash but couldn't buy any single WS cos there was absolutely "no seller". now, balance between supply and consume just got sit.

It's still 100m+ and i don't think, effort to get ws (=effort to get 100m+) is not enough. our life is hard enough.

3. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    2:15 AM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Wheres the 0 option, this shit is breaking the game and nostalgia of legends ):

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    There's no zero because that's a completely stupid option that also isn't good for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Why is it stupid? I think if i saw about 1 chaos and 1 white scroll a week itd be good, they are the best scrolls in the game so they should be rare and hard to obtain.

6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ok.

So when this poll says 200 people online, that means 200 people online currently, but of course there is a much larger number of dedicated players who all log in at different times. Every single active player of MapleLegends is not logged in at once.

So we may well be talking about 400-500 dedicated people that log in several times a week, maybe 1000 casual players that check in every now and then.

Based on your communist views where everything should be equal and it's totally unfair the rich get all the scrolls, let's assume the scrolls are split evenly amongst all the players. 1 scroll a day is 365 scrolls a year, but there are more players than that. You want to allocate 1 white scroll per year to each person? That pretty much makes it so perfecting even one piece of gear for anyone would be impossible.

But we want it to be possible. It just shouldn't be too easy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    <3 U da best

• Like Like x 1
  8. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    But shouldnt it be almost impossible to get perfect gear? It should take time, failures, and dedication. Getting perfect gear in my opinion SHOULD be near impossible

9. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Define "almost impossible".

It should take time, failures, and dedication. An achievement like level 200 seems "almost impossible". Does that not take enough time, failure, and dedication already?

Yet I'd say we've seen more level 200s than we have perfect gears.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    We must have different opinions on almost impossible because i think 200 is very possible, with a good set of friends, extra time, and knowledge about maple
    Perfect gear is called perfect for a reason, it cannot get any better than that. For a piece of equipment that amazing it should basically be impossible

11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    so...you think "current ws rate is op so it's easy to make perfect gear, we need to make it kinda impossible"...?

go try it. i've never saw who telling "it's easy to make perfect gear" who actually trying WS on their gears.

everybodies who actually trying said "lemme escape this fking ws hell". if that process was really "ez" like you said, they won't said so.

LEMME ESCAPE WS HELL TOO Q.Q

12. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:15 AM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Why should it be impossible? Getting 20att or 20stat on a single gear isnt game breaking and it shouldnt take 2 whole years. Just because there are ws and cs now doesnt mean were going to see perfect gear every week/month.
    And if u do manage to perfect a gear its just 1 slot out of many.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    If i were to see a 10 attack cape now, it would be a jaw dropping experience. I would be so amazed and proud of whoever scrolled that cape. Now with all these cs and ws that are flowing in everywhere ill never get that effect again and personally it ruins the experience for me

14. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So I guess what you want is the "nostalgia" of GMS, where the only ones who even got access to these scrolls were people who fed tons of real money into Neckson's scam slot machines, and the prices of such scrolls and capes (clean) were inflated to billions due to hackers, bots, and meso farm websites.

Of course it was impossible for your average player without money or bots to compete with that. Of course it was impossible to scroll a piece of perfect gear yourself.

So I invite you to take off those rose-tinted glasses and enjoy the server for what it is: an almost equal playing field without the pay2win, no known hacks and exploits, where anyone could perhaps one day scroll a perfect piece of gear. Even you. Eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    3:15 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    I'd like to hear what the current rates are before voting.

16. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Ur right, when i say nostalgia im talking about hacking, botting, and scamming. Thats probably why ive stayed at legends for so long. God i long for that feeling

17. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    Paging KimberlyKimberly can we get some metrics on average WS per day so far since hunting gach buff?

18. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well buddy, when you speak with reverence about the sheer rarity of those scrolls that were only accessible to either those with lots of RL money and those who cheated, yeah, you are actually talking fondly about a corrupt system where you had no chance to succeed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    We, again, probably have different ideas of success is.

20. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    3:15 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    I almost got a perfect gear without ws :^)

• Like Like x 3