1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitting Up Cake Boss Population

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Duffy, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    11:58 AM
    Derk
    Cleric
    As many people know, A lot of people have been Dcing and lagging due to the amount of people during cake boss.Maybe if you guys could spawn a cake boss in all channels when it's full but instead, make it so that the maximum pop a channel can have in the map around 30-40 people? since there's more than 200 on at one time. That way everyone can at least get a hit and also receive a mable.Everyone Can win this way.
    Also being that mage can't use magic guard we get hit heavy damage.Prehaps reducing the amount of damage the bosses deal.MapleF14

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    Oh also of course being that if the channels has a player limit boss hp might be reduced alittle sweatmush

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:58 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Don't know how hard it would be to actually do that but I think it's a great suggestion.
    Partially because I have never yet been able to even see the Cake because I always d/c after 10 seconds in the event map.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    10:58 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Haven't been able to fight the cake yet because of constant d/cing. I hope this gets implemented or the d/cing issue gets fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    5:58 PM
    You can use skills before the boss spawns

As for the idea, i think it's a great suggestion and i'm hoping it will be implemented MapleF14

6. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    I approve of this, these DCs has been really annoying. Also I think if they somehow could disable the attack animation of the cake boss that would help. Those freaking cakes falling down on players DC me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    8:58 AM
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    Ya I actually have yet to be able to see a single cake boss because insta dc upon entrry

• Like Like x 1
  8. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This is a great suggestion, but will give some issues too. I can imagine that people from a channel where the cake boss is already killed, will simply cc to get to another channel, kill boss there, get even more crystals. So even though it is a great suggestion, it should have a restriction for people coming from another channel, so that they cant enter. Without the restriction ML will get flooded with maple items.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    True..Maybe adding a 30min cool down to players who killed the boss in another channel. I say 30mins because we don't actually donate a lot of cake in 30mins time.

10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    9:58 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I'm actully against this suggestion..
    That will take some time to do, and while the staff are on it, the event is slowly but surely ending.
    And also regarding the amount of players - we won't be able to kill the cake boss unless his HP will get reduced AND it's not gonna be as fun to do events with few players.

11. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Currently I believe only around 80% of the players are even able to participate in the event. (might be totally wrong, but still, many of us aren't)

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    How is having a lot of players fun? The point of the event is for everyone to enjoy it. Not just the few people who don't DC and lag during the event. Not only that, Many new players like myself can't enjoy the benefits that this event has to offer.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    9:58 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Yea that's the biggest con of this event.
    Really sucks that not everyone can practice.
    Is it worth risking it tho? keep in mind that the event ends in less than a month

• Like Like x 1
  14. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    10:58 AM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I think this is awesome because i dc at cake too, But an idea I was thinking of was instead of having cake take place in event map, just randomly spawn them in diff towns. Less people will be at each cake, and then we could use skills too :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    I think event map is enough lol. If this actually happen it would make this worse. If my idea gets approved it would it this event so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    I don't know honestly. But if this could happen before event ends it would be nice. Also this is an idea that can be a must for future events.

17. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    4:58 PM
    Defender
    I'm trying to understand what kind of toasters people have nowadays? Its 2017 and we are playing a 2005 2d game. I'm not trying to be rude, but im wondering what causes the dc and what pc/ system are people running? Personally I use win7 with a radeon amd graphics card

18. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Before the patch I didn't have any problem logging on 5 clients and while screen recording and having whatever else I want open, it's not that I can't run the game, I never had any lag in events with as many people as there can be, it's just some weird problem with this makes me constantly dc, I don't have any lag or anything before I dc, just instantly dc.
    I guess that may not get any better even if they do take this suggestion though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Derk
    Cleric
    I have similar setup except I'm on windows 10. and have a AMD Graphics.