1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

1h Sword vs. 2h Sword (PALADIN)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by day4day, Aug 27, 2021.

Which of those weapons is the best combine with cost and DPS?

1. 1h NT Sword + Shield

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. 2h Sword (Claymore or ST)

27 vote(s)
    65.9%
  3. Just go Crushed Skull + Shield as every true Paladin should be

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    3:07 AM
    Beginner
    I know theres a few threads about this subject, but some are kinda confusing. I play on a Page rn, im still lvl 35 (washing properly) and i play with a 10 str 16 att Stolen Fence. I have a HS mule and a F/P arch mage that i only use to farm stuff (dont sell leech).

I spent alot on that shield tho, assuming that 1h sword at mid-end game is the best way to go for a Paladin these days, but i wanna get more clear about it. If i get a NT sword that let's assuming have 114~118 att (think i only can afford aroud that att) + my 10 str 16 att Shield, i would do more damage that a 2h Paladin with lets say 125-130 att Sword?

I like the speed that 1h sword gives me but, i did read some threads that say u can only outdamage a 2h sword paladin, with perf shield (30 att or close to), but idk. With a Claymore i know i would have a lower att speed, more range, and to outdamage a higher speed sword ill need SI all the time (i dont like the idea of needing SI all the time too btw). Also i know a shield+ 1h sword can spend much more mesos that a 2h sword guy.

I kinda lost myself a bit here, but the main question is, do i keep my 10 str 16 att shield and keep playing a 1h sword paladin, that i wont need SI all the time, lower range (and idk probably lower DPS?) OR i sell my shield and go all the way to a 2h Sword Pala? (save the money to buy let's say a kinda good ST or a better att Claymore)?

P.S- LET HH GREAT AGAIN!!

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:07 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You are correct that you will do more damage with your 1h sword + shield combo without si.

However, when SI comes into the picture the gap between 1h sword and a 2h normal speed sword (like claymore) becomes night and day. The gap is so large, in fact, that if you are not willing to make your own si mule (in order to use the 2h sword 100% of the time), I would suggest that you invest in a cheap claymore (along with your 1h sword + shield) just for when SI is available.

If you are willing to make a si mule, sell your 1h sword + Shield and buy a 2h sword, otherwise stay a 1h + shield player, but also get a cheap claymore.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    6:07 AM
    HH is already great. Just learn when and how to use it properly in a bossing scenario.

Source: I, me, myself, a level 200 paladin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Which scenarios i can use HH on bosses? im kinda noob on paladins, but ik that HH was nerfed to 50k on bosses, so alot ppl told me that doesn't make sence u use HH on a boss run becouse u can do more damage just blasting. Sound right to me, but in a HT scenario i think that is false, becouse in HT u still can hit all parts with the HH, so lets say 8 parts = 50x8 = 400k damage on each HH total? not sure but correct me if im wrong.

Also ty for the reply guys, helped alot, and kinda sad that ill have to sell my shield that i just bought LOL (but thats good to help me afford a better claymore or ST)

5. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    i see, i already have a 102 marauder that i dont play anymore, i could lvl him to make a SI mule, but im not a big fan of doing alot mules to play properly on a character, but i know its necessary on some scenarios. But ill think it about it.

TY alot for the tips, mate!

6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    6:07 AM
    the simple answer is HH is worth it if it does more damage than blast. There are more subtle nuances to it which allow for marginal increases in DPM which doesn’t matter if you’re not striving for the apex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:07 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    What makes you 1h hero/pally isn't efficiency, it's madness and memes. Trust me, You gotta love it.

Disclaimer : I'm 1h-only hero with 3 si mules and never regret it.

Go 2h or skull. Easier and cheaper, efficient dmg potential in general. Proven already hundreds of times by many maple nerds and pros.

8. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    I see.. i really was enjoying using shield + 1h sword, i like to do self contents, so no use for SI, i think ill keep with it for some time, and if i decide to change it later, ill sell them and buy a 2h sword. Ty ty

• Like Like x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    After I really learned the meaning of this phrase I discovered how to fly