1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed 2020 Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by Naerobi, May 23, 2020.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:38 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    So basically this event can be boilerplated down to :

Only farmable and acceptable part of all this event is the Rock-Paper-Scissor if your RNG is godlike and you can farm 24/7 for Anniv. Boxes and get certificates to play it and that's RNG as fuck.

There's 5 daily quests of which
    • for those that played last summer event, know Beanstalk PQ thingy is going to be PTSD inducing and gives (not you) golden eggs
    • Hansel/Geppetto are annoying 15 min waste
    • Puff daddy seems to drop from 1 to 3 to get anniv coin
    • PinkBean Pq for anniv coin
    • academy stuff with the Ox questions for spring coin

So this event is a mix-n-match and melting pot of 3 coin systems with various random quests.
    What can I say, even just reading it I had [visible confusion] in my face.

The event hasn't even completed the first day and I can already review it :

- The team should be better off working on more important things, content wise, like Pink Bean as they've been talking for years™.
    - An event shouldn't have more than 1 coin system and shouldn't make people have to play daily to even get rewards, I would have to grind daily + not loose a day of puff daddy, Ox quest or RPS to get chairs or event items
    -
    Don't understand how you guys were able to think about putting back the summer event stuff back again, did you guys maybe listen to people about how bad the beanstalk stuff was? especially the fact its NL-based meta with dark sight (haven't seen one start yet, so I'm sure you'll hear about it with this event as well)
    - When you make an event make it based on ONE COIN SYSTEM, especially for the fact that having more quests and items to farm makes it really hard to understand the event, and just makes me not want to play it

PS: good thing that came out of this is the 40% exp below lvl 120, that's good to see for new players.

edit: heard the beanstalk is even taller and less time, gg guys, well done seriously.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Which of these are actual quest?

This event is pretty confusing.
    Does anyone know how to obtain the maple weapons?

• Like Like x 1
  3. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    8:38 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    tbh i dont know why they bother cramping so much content into 1 event (overkill imo)? Yes ik, its covid we have nothing better to do than maple, but i think having 1 or 2 quests to complete is sufficient at max. we dont want another dailies round like 5th job dailies quest and want to continue our as per usual stuff.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Melina

Melina Blue Snail

May 17, 2020
    Female
    8:38 PM
    WoahItzMel
    Beginner
    How do you get the hair/face tickets for this event?

5. caillous

caillous Snail

May 25, 2020
    Female
    5:38 PM
    How do I get the Anniversary Hair Coupons needed at Big Headward? I looked in the cashshop but couldn't find it :(

6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    you gotta do the puff coin stuff
    so farm puffy etc from mobs, wait for puff to spawn in the anniv. event map and get coins for the coupon

7. Step

Step Red Snail

Apr 7, 2020
    I think the spring coins should be easier to come by. I don't know what the best way to get them is. I have 50 from the quests that are one time.
    I played a bit the last 2 days and I've seen a total of 2 boxes drop from mobs (no coins or RPS tickets in them) and 1 golden ticket. Maybe give some coins for handing in the cream puff? The drop rates seem crazy low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:38 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Agree to everything on the so many currency being confusing af. I have to sit down and study the various guides online before I can go into the event. This is definitly too much to be self explanary in the game as we can see from the huge number of questions on discord.

The diffculty of the jumping quest is almost stupid, since it only allow one attempt a day. It can be hard, but at least give people the chance to practise the cat jump, if the player bothers. Currently there is just no way of doing it without studying videos online and hope your get a good partner.

There are 2 event locked behind the ever so rare anniversary box, the RPS and beanstalk. Everyone knows what is the drop rate of those boxes, and those boxes are basically potion box with their contents. Yet there are 2 events locked behind this box. The content is already created there, but why lock it behind such bad RNG such that few people can enjoy the content.

And lastly, the anniversary box does not contain maple equip is just mind blowing. Just feels wrong somehow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:38 AM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    Just a little feedback.

I feel like the 'feeding' events like Puff Daddy and the Snowblower are really disruptive to the game, and hopefully in the future, if not now, remove these as a whole.
    - You have to stop what you are doing (if bossing, bad luck) and head over to the event area, equip a weapon, enter, wait for the boss to spawn, and hold the attack key down for a good 10+ minutes or so. If you don't attend one, it feels like you are missing out because there are rewards behind them. It feels kind of like a forced gameplay.

As others have mentioned, having multiple event currencies for different events in one patch is a killer.

I understand it's the 5th anniversary and it is exciting to put out a lot of content on such a special occasion, but I think toning it down a tad would be appreciated.

Overall, I'm sure a whole bunch of the community plus myself appreciate the efforts made. :shamemb:

• Agree Agree x 15
  10. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    9:38 PM
    Beginner
    Agree with everything. The 20% exp is Nice but 7f is cancerous to get a map ,and you cant even Blink or you'll lose It. I knew this was going to happen so i got back to ToT to get a little less exp but its Fine. The major problem is that i was expecting to make money with maple weapons boxes... Which we dont have this year. Also i won't leave the faraway obv4. Map for the dailies or cake killing.

I know its biased but for me i got less exp (i won't snipe a map for hours Just to lost It If i need to go to bathroom.) And no maple weapons. (Mobs could at least drop leafs to Exchange for random weapons later, i'd be ok with that.)

Edit: many autocorrect typos

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Melina

Melina Blue Snail

May 17, 2020
    Female
    WoahItzMel
    Beginner
    Is there another way to get the gold coins? Or is my only option to defeat puff daddy?

12. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:38 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    You can do the pq. I've done it twice got 5 and 6 coins each

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MiraGlow

MiraGlow Snail

May 27, 2020
    Female
    MiraGlow
    Beginner
    Whoa o: how do you get the anniversary hair coupon? those hairs are gorgeous!

14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't know if you guys paly Pokemon but the White Scroll of this event (5000 coins) looks like that Slowpoke tail in the gold and silver games. It's there for display and the only real way to get it is by cheating hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Plusmine

Plusmine Snail

May 1, 2020
    Male
    Plusmine
    Beyond what Motto and the others said, I just don't understand the concept and state of Hansel and Geppetto, (that is, beyond the whole anniversary event-ecosystem).

Hansel is 1-player stage, with unlimited tries, annoying but playable, and grants you a box everyday, guaranteed. You can also kill cats and farm points beforehand for the next days, if you're bored and want a break.

Geppetto needs 2 players, ONE try per day for both no matter you win or lose (not like Pinkbean PQ), it has more phases, arguably more complicated (tons of questions around the 3rd stage); and grants you NOT EVEN a box everyday, but 2 boxes every 3 days (best case scenario, and that is if you share the loot.)

...What?

I can't speak for Rock-Paper-Scissor, or the Bean thing, because, honestly, I'm more of a casual player (started playing this month) and I got zero anniversary boxes so far. I'll play later today, maybe the drop rate increase is noticeable.

Thanks for your work. The event is pretty fun to me as a new player, even then.

16. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    10:38 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
  17. alvinliu

alvinliu Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Is there something to be done about the anniversary boxes giving use items? It's pretty frustrating farming a full day for 2 or 3 boxes (with the already buffed box drop rate) only to get 90 10 inch soft serves...

18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    If I exchange Coins for the Magic Crystal, it says to give to Event Personnel, but I can't find any Event Personnel who would take them. Who do I give them to?

19. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:38 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    should be Cassandra

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I see...they're used to upgrade Maple gear. I wish that was more clear in their description.