1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

23 May 2020 Client does not work with AMD SVM enabled

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by geospiza, May 23, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    12:00 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Hi ian2000, I think you may have a slight misunderstanding of the issue here. The MapleLegends client does not run inside of a VM with a recent patch. However, the issue that I run into is that when I have SVM (or virtualization) enabled on my host, the client thinks I am in a VM. The client's check is too strict in this case, because I am not running in a virtual machine.

Why not just run on your host machine?

2. happymapler0

happymapler0 Snail

Jul 25, 2020
    9:00 PM
    Some questions are better left unanswered. I also need to run the client in a virtual machine, currently tinkering with different versions of Windows 10 on the guest.

3. kekcro

kekcro Blue Snail

Jan 2, 2020
    Male
    2:00 PM
    Kekcro
    By some divine act I can run that version of Legends even with Virtualization enabled on an AMD based chipset and socket (X399, TR4), on a host level.
    I did have troubles earlier running Legends inside a VM which seems to add up with the thread.

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Nice, a threadripper :D

What edition of Windows 10 are you running? I'm guessing Home edition, but it would be great if I were wrong.

5. kekcro

kekcro Blue Snail

Jan 2, 2020
    Male
    2:00 PM
    Kekcro
    Thanks!

WIndows 10 LTSC 2019 - don't tell Microsoft ;) probably closest thing would be Enterprise or Pro

6. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    • Like Like x 1
  7. YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    Windows build 2004 killed my whole system, making me reinstall everything.
    It seems maplelegends runs fine without docker installed and SVM enabled, but it's when docker is installed things change. I've used WSL2 this time around over hyper-v, hoping it would change anything, which sadly wasn't the case.

Disabling docker doesn't solve it either, although perhaps there is a way to disable WSL2 without the reboot hassle

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    Tinkered a tad around with various other sources of information on using legends in a VM, which led me to Regedit edits. These edits are only useful for when one is in an actual VM, but checked them out nonetheless. Found some threads from 2012 if not videos, but all failed to solve the problem still.

Disabling all hyper-v related services from automatically starting also failed thus far, but I did see that by using bcdedit hyper-v is set to automode despite never enabling the hyper-v function.
    Perhaps this may offer a solution to some, as this method was mentioned earlier; making a second boot entry with hyper-v disabled.

I am rather certain a new version of ijl15.dll will solve the problem and hope the new client will just do that, as the previous version was working fine. In fact, if one replaces the customised ijl15.dll with a version straight of Intel, the game will attempt boot fine without any virtualisation issues. It's just that maplelegends requires the custom checks to boot.

I've no clue what check generates a false-positive, even tried to change the default PC name just in case that may have been the trigger. I simply hope this will be solved soon, as rebooting after a workday is tedious.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    The latest patch booted without any BIOS changes required (virtualisation still enabled, docker running on WSL2)

upload_2020-8-31_22-15-52.png

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This should no longer be a problem with the latest patch.

Closing this thread.

• Like Like x 2