1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

3.6BILLION+ PRIZE POOL JUMP QUEST EVENT (WOW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by thirdroom, May 27, 2020.

1. HiddenMage

HiddenMage Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    12:04 PM
    HiddenMage
    Magician
  2. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    11:04 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Since we're so close to the deadline, just to lighten the mood a bit here's a 4fun run challenge I tried - move back and forth on every jump MapleF18

https://youtu.be/Q5Gfo6n4ibM

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ChickenWings

ChickenWings Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ChickenWings/CharSiu
    Hero
    Unworthy
    Submitted!
    IGN: CharSiu/ChickenWings

4. OP
    OP
    thirdroom

thirdroom King Slime

Dec 15, 2018
    Male
    Nair
    Paladin
    Tempus
    Rankings updated, thanks for entering everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    7:04 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    This was the most fun I had in Maple in years.
    I've been speedrunning JQs for years, and I've never come close to optimizing a JQ as much as we did this. Competition brought out the best of all of us.

I'd like to thank thirdroomthirdroom for hosting and handling this the most fun and professional way possible. Mad respect to you on every regard.

Thanks GDLeeGDLee for teaming up with me, together we dedicated ourselves to reroute step 2, and after 4 days of repeating it and trying new ideas we managed to finish our new route and get in runs.

Thanks to everyone in my BL for believing in me. <3

Insanely high level of competition, was honestly not expecting to see so many people perform so well.

Shines, Shakey, Nirgal, Legoshi, Geguri, Lebool
    Was really happy to meet new JQ friends and share the struggle with everyone.
    Mad respect to Perpetual and Henrys on the clutch tie and great time.
    And Luscious for the epic fast leaderboard climb.

Congrats to the other top finishers.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    9:04 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Amazing turnout for this competition. I didn't realize there were *this many sweaty TriHards* willing to shave literal frames. You guys have put in THOUSANDS of attempts. Seriously and sincerely, good work! I only regret starting attempts as late as I did. I was on the right track for figuring out the optimal stage 2 but couldn't put it all together. Let's see how that JQ rankings suggestion will go over. (also wow thank you Nair for extending the rewards, wasn't expecting that!)

Relevant post https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/fitness-jq-practice-mode.17185/

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. WaffleWafers

WaffleWafers King Slime

Sep 2, 2017
    Thief
    Just watched the 1st place submission. I'm baffled.

Kudos to SlimeSlime on finding and executing the god strat. Henry and I legitimately didn't think it was possible to do stage 2 any better, so we focused mainly on just out-executing and squeezing every last frame out of our strategy. The best we could have done was shave another 4-5 frames off our submissions. I'm glad that we ended up losing not to the same strat, but to an innovation on the 3rd row of stage 2 that completely flew over our heads. We focused on looking for micro-optimizations while you had the big picture. Mad respect for that, you're actually a beast and I really mean it when I say that. Would have loved to get to theorycraft with you (possibly for other jump quests in the future??) as we literally set up our own private server to test optimizations with teleports into certain checkpoints (but STILL overlooked the god strat). I really grinded the last few days nonstop trying to achieve perfection on something that was imperfect to begin with LMAO.

Although I've already said this to you personally, thanks again to thirdroomthirdroom for hosting the event! When I first saw the contest, I didn't think it would gain much traction and thought it would be a fairly easy top finish, but as the leaderboards updated the community honestly surprised me with how much they kept me on my toes. This contest's been fun (until the last few days where I felt like I lost my soul) and I'll be sure to participate again if you host another in the future. Maybe not grind as hard as I did for this one, but we'll see.....
    P.S. thanks for the compliments on the music I try my best!!

Looking back at the strategy we used, it does feel bittersweet to have put in easily 80+ hours (probably 100+) only to lose. Definitely lucked out with the event ending early otherwise I would have burnt even more time chasing the wind.

With my next adventure, I will continue my training in fitness to carry on the legacy of Eijislayer69 and slay FishyFishy for the rest of eternity in fitness events.

Perpetual out.

P.S. Here's a playlist of all my submissions so you can watch as I slowly improve on this inferior strategy. I have seen the light...
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlzqQKNc-bqEGihw2aZWlisdgtgUs92Bz

I also wrote a fairly length analysis on the inferior strat in the video description of my final submission:
    https://youtu.be/_VWBWVfZiLM

• Like Like x 3
  8. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Echoing some of what was said above, this was easily the most fun (and frustrating - thanks OBS) thing I've done since joining Legends.

Originally, I thought this would garner the attention of just a handful of JQ enthusiasts, but as the competition began getting really heated I wasn't sure if I could finish in the top. Funnily enough, I ran into shines/vincit, who originally held an iron grip over 1st place, on another private server during the nearly week-long DDoS attack, and this was the first kick of inspiration for the grind.

As soon as flub dropped a hint regarding the "god strat," I knew that was the winning ticket. And I couldn't have asked for a better partner to theory-craft or grind with than the man himself - SlimeSlime. I don't want to count the number of hours or attempts both of us put in collectively into routing the perfect Step 2, but it was one hell of a journey. Apparently when two JQ nutheads team up, there's no room for complacency or imperfection.

Thanks to thirdroomthirdroom for being an amazing host, and congrats to all the other runners!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. broacrazy

broacrazy Blue Snail

Mar 23, 2020
    Male
    henrys
    Crusader
    Thanks thirdroomthirdroom so much for hosting this event! It's been both fun and stressful grinding for hours on end these past few weeks, and I'm glad the deadline was moved to today otherwise WaffleWafersWaffleWafers and I would've lost our sanities trying to improve on the naive s2. Massive props to SlimeSlime and GDLeeGDLee for discovering and implementing the god run (which I thought was just the s1 last ball jump). I must admit though I've considered using a macro (dw didn't actually drop to that lvl) and even thought of getting my mule to spy on Slime a couple days ago, since I noticed he was spending an awful lot of time in s2 :p

Congrats to all the contestants though! It's been a long and bittersweet few weeks, but now that the grind is over, let's finally get back to playing the game ;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    2:04 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    I might be a bit stupid but can someone explain to me what the god strat or the so called divine pathway is?

11. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    12:04 AM
    Bishop
    -
    Slime please leak ur own submission OnionSpark

12. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    12:04 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    need to spend a few hours in the jq to understand the video . Really hard and annoying to do it perfectly and record it every single time. Have to jump on edges of platforms ladder cutting and many minor details to be able to catch those moving balls right on time to speed up your run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Flub posted a link to it on the first reply to this thread, but here it is! Flub timed it as 1:47.516.
    You're not stupid at all, I'll explain.
    First hard strat, which many in the top 10 were aware of, but not many were able to get in a real run, was making it in time for hitting the last ball of the first stage on the highest platform you can hit it, while jumping. You can see an example of that in the top 3 submissions.
    However, the "god strat" is actually something completely different, in step 2:
    If you look at this video, the top run uses standard step 2, while the bottom run, you'll notice, makes it in time for a nice boost on the flat part at the earlier half of stage 2, which then allows me to get a faster cycle in the red ball section, to make it in time for a weird duck spot a little later, which then allows me to get the big green ball boost from the lower platform, instead of the earlier high platform. If you get this far the rest is pretty normal, everything is 1 platform faster pretty much.
    You can see this used in the #1 and #4 submissions.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    Wow, people ended up getting this shit way more optimized than I woulda guessed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Xipharias

Xipharias Red Snail

May 1, 2020
    Male
    Xipharias
    Spearman
    Absolutely incredible runs! Had such a fun time trying to optimize this with y'all! Thanks to thirdroomthirdroom for hosting, everyone who participated, and everyone who followed along in anticipation!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Jonsby

Jonsby Blue Snail

May 15, 2020
    Male
    9:04 AM
    Thank you so much! Had lots of fun and rage! Turns out, I'm not cut out for speedrunning at the fullest extent for JQ's ;=; (my first attempt was the best one LOL)

17. OP
    OP
    thirdroom

thirdroom King Slime

Dec 15, 2018
    Male
    Nair
    Paladin
    Tempus
    All entrants should now be paid out, check your Duey NPC (guy with a red truck) in any main town.

Slime's explanation was great. The most important part is jumping into the left-moving green balls at the perfect timing in order to mitigate all the knockback. It's such a simple application of the physics in this game but it completely flew over my head until I saw it used accidentally in a run. I personally called it the god strat because it took a leap of faith for me to even believe that it'd work. If any of the later ball timings were just a few frames different, the whole route would have been ruined and I'd have wasted a lot of time figuring that out. Luckily, everything worked out beautifully SlimeAngel

18. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Isn't Duey a girl?

19. WaffleWafers

WaffleWafers King Slime

Sep 2, 2017
    Thief
    I made a video showing a generally reliable method I used for doing the optimal stage 1, for anyone that wants to replicate it down the line since it seemed to give people a lot of trouble:
    https://youtu.be/mRd4dqtVwbE

Credits to broacrazybroacrazy (henrys) for pioneering the methodology.

20. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    1 year later:
    Many of the top submission videos got copyright claimed :'( Hope yall still have 'em backed up somewhere, mine is safe. :)