1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

3 Birds in 1 shot - AP RESET selling in meso

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Huiae, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:41 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    so-called HP WASHING is bit tricky and buggy technique, but it's necessary for some jobs to play high lv contents.

but for now, maplelegend sells AP resets in 3100 NX and it's too hard to make hp washing character.

think about this :
    in 90 days, without missing, you earn 450,000 NX.
    pet uses about 20,000~30,000 per 90 days.
    costumes uses about 50,000 per 90 days.
    so the idle NX is about 350,000 NX and it means you can buy only 1 AP reset/day average.
    and for this, you should not use smagas, merchants, weather controls, teleport rocks, etc...

and probabily, many players are doing so! that's why we can't see any smegs and server looks dead.

My suggestion is : selling AP reset in meso, not in NX.

this can solve 3 problems - community activity, entering high-lv contetns, and INFLATION.

for community activity -
    OK. mapleroyals drops smges and that's why so many spam smegs are on. but for maplelegend, 350,000 idle NX/90days is enough to prevent spam smegs and activate community I think.

entering high-lv contents -
    yes. sadly, HP washing is NECESSARY for archers, gunslingers and assashins. selling AP reset in meso can open high-lv contents to such job if they do effort.

and most powerful effect : prevent INFLATION -
    selling AP reset can decrease mesos-in-server dramatically. because of NLC pots, as going as high lv, mesos just gets accumulated and so on, this makes inflation as you know all. and there's no content to decrease amount of mesos-in-server for now but pot fee. of course, price is must be decided very carefully.

so one-line digest : how about selling AP reset in mesos? I think 3m~5m/ea is enough.

any opinion?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    11:41 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    This is an awful idea.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:41 AM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    No, because...
    • Community activity: You're right in pointing out the lack of SMEGAs, but to be fair, the one thing Legends has and stands out with is a good and thriving community, especially forum community, which is one of the harder things to get. It could be better (it always can), but it's pretty good as it is and not high priority at all. This problem could be easily tackled by SMEGAs being sold for mesos instead (which might be a decent idea but not necessary).
    • High-level content: You're already getting the chance to HP wash to begin with, unlike GMS. You don't need 15k HP clean like on Royals, 5.6k at LV. 155 will get you set for HT and that's more than many could on GMS. Making AP resets a meso-bought item will make the classes that are supposed to cost more money be harder a lot easier, which would disturb the class balance even more. This server isn't meant to be easy.
    • Inflation: The current 'inflation' of the Legends economy is only healthy and doesn't require fine-tuning, since the meso rates are 1x. Fees serve as enough of a meso sink right now and if more are needed, AP resets wouldn't be the way to go because of the point above.

• Like Like x 1
  4. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    u mean buying from the CS or from players if its players then FUCK NO if its cs then i think its a good idea but not sure if itll effect the fm tho

5. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    4:41 AM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Trying to bandaid a terrible mechanic with another solution doesn't really solve anything; there's no player interaction here and it's just an exceptionally expensive Meso dump.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    As a player that has played legends since the launch, there has been many topics like this and all have been shot down... its just not going to happen, I have been saving ap resets since april 5th and just finished washing about last week. It's already too late for the people who were patient enough to save the nx and spend it wisely like myself... now I enjoy being a FMhoe :D.. it will come in due time my friend

• Like Like x 1
  7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    8:41 PM
    NSFW
    better suggestion: ap resets should be doubled in price
    if anything they should be harder to get, not easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    In short, this is a server that is meant to be a challenge and meant to be played for a long time. HP washing and the time it takes to do so is one of those challenges that in my opinion should stay as is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    I've said in past that I have no plans to make washing easier/alternative ways to do it, except possibly bundles in future, but even that isn't a promise.

Moving to rejected since seems like community isn't up for this idea either.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.