1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

52 use slots just isn't enough.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Autoassemble, Jun 17, 2015.

Does anything need to be done about use inventory space?

1. Yes, we need to be able to buy more slot expansions.

42 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Yes, a secondary ammunition bag should be added.

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. No, things are fine as they are.

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    1:05 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Title is pretty self explanatory.
    I know this has been discussed in the past, but especially as a sin, being limited to 52 use slots is really a rather big issue. (Due to stars taking up the majority of that space)
    Due to boss runs taking as long as they do currently, after stars and pots, there is virtually no space left for anything else, and this is after already expanding to the maximum slots allowed.
    To fix this issue, I see two options:
    1: allow us to expand our inventories further (which still costs 1k nx per slot and is in no way game breaking)
    2: add some sort of secondary bag which could hold ammunition. (much like the herb/mining bags in later versions)
    Added a poll to gauge interest as per usual with my suggestions, but please keep in mind the struggles of your fellow sins if you are not one yourself!

Edit:
    To further clarify the suggestion, what I mean is that the slot expansion limit is currently set to 52 for use slots, which is not enough for classes which has to take up a majority of those slots for ammunition, and another large portion for pots and thus end up with virtually no space left over for other essential things such as return scrolls, attack pots, pet food etc.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    6:05 PM
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    I agree with this ^. Althought 52 use slots seems like a lot, it really isn't for some classes like sins. You don't want to have to make a mule or a second account just to hold some more items. I would say let us add more slots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:05 AM
    One thing to note is that Hermits have Shadow Meso which can be used when they run out of stars at bosses.

4. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    Worth pointing out, but this skill is very much so sub-optimal to their normal means of attacking. (and I don't think corsairs have a similar skill?)

5. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    7:05 PM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    I think it seems fair to be able to expand further if you still pay nx for it. While we are able to make FM shop mules and storage mules, thats also a pain and shouldn't be mandatory. In the case of Night Lords and maybe Corsairs, I don't know how they work really, this is even more of a problem due to star space. I also hear there is a shadow claw bug? I don't know what it is, I've just seen some NL complain about it. I +1 this suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Depending on your level it may or may not deal more damage than your stars (not sure if it also ignores the defence on bosses like bbb.hs states), but you'll only be using it after you run out of stars for the remainder of the fight (which hopefully shouldn't be that long). 4th Job also gives Shadow Stars which slows down the rate of star usage when continuously attacking.

I don't know about Corsairs and if they have problem though, but bullets can stack up to 3000 per slot I've seen.

Another fun way to skirt the problem is to have other party members with spare slots hold extra stars for you, but it may be tricky to drop-trade stars in a boss fight, though not entirely impossible as I've swapped pet auto-pots during zak before.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    Yes, there are ways to circumvent the issue to some degree, but allowing for more slots to be bought would be a permanent solution.

8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:05 AM
    Beginner
    Shadow stars is not working or what? Sorry I'm not at 4th job yet.

9. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Shadow Stars should be working fine. Is there any issue with it?

10. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I've been to zak runs on this server and can safely say we have enough use slots for both stars / potions with Shadow Star being used. I last the whole run without running out of either, if i do run out its at the very last minutes, I added one more set of ilbi and I can now sustain a whole run easily while throwing stars 24/7 nonstop.

I'm not so sure about horntail but thats far away...

From me, 52 is fine.

Edit: I would love more slots though, just because... MORE SLOTS!

11. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    I don't see how increasing max usage slots (by using NX still of course) would be a game-breaking issue.

I'm actually in favor of adding that to the game, I've not considered expanding my inventory by using NX, but why have a cap if you can expand it at all?

Everyone has access to do so, as most likely everyone votes x1 per day. It's up to you to decide whether to spend your NX on clothes, gacha or even expanding slots.

I'm not saying just for 'X' players though, I would use it in order to store more stuff on my actual char. A lot of the time (since I don't HP wash) I have extra NX left over and I ALWAYS run out of etc space for my items.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    It's not a game breaking issue definitely, it's fine if it's added, but at the same time I don't see it as a huge problem since there are ways to get around it, so I feel that its addition, while helpful, isn't necessary.

13. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Yeah, I agree, it isn't necessary, it'd be helpful though. :)

However, places such a QBT don't have a pet food vendor there, sometimes when training for long periods of time (with a pet) it is helpful to be able to store more petfood in use inventory as pets seem to get hungry so fast. Even not when in QBT or somewhere without a vendor, it's a minor inconvenience which, as you say, isn't necessary.

(Having to bug people in Alliance/Buddy/Guild to get some pet food for you is an annoyance to both you and them, it'd also possibly help out with certain types of potions from NLC etc.)

The same with scrolls, potions, stars, etc drops for quests and space in equips for NX as well as washing gear.

It would also reduce the amounts of mules people have, therefore slightly deterring vote abusers. Since then you can't have an excuse for voting on a 'mule' I guess.

14. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    I don't think this would deter vote abusers, but yes it would be a good quality of life change in my opinion.

15. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    9:05 PM
    Moderator Post
    After looking into this again, it is not possible to add more slots than there already are without manually doing so. The purchase slots button in Cash Shop greys out after you reach the intended limit set by Neckson. Supposedly the only way to do this would be via an interface such as an NPC which is not very pretty, and not something I want to do.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    You could possibly add it as an nx item in the wz update, or consider allowing the remote store to be used in boss rooms (from my understanding this is currently not possible)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    more slots. pls. asap

18. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    8:05 PM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    maybe make donor item storage bags like someone suggested.

19. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    9:05 PM
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
    Why are some things just "not possible"? What makes doing these certain things not possible? I just don't get how as the sole developer you can say something simply isn't possible to add here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    Because we cannot edit the game client, only Neckson can. Our availability is limited to server sided things only, and the 52 limit is a client check by Neckson, which is what Navi mentions exactly in his post.

• Like Like x 1