1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A comparison of HT dpm between all classes

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Selquin, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:43 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    With the recent popularization of dpm45 checks, there has been a fair amount of discussion about how good certain classes are in HT.
    Does dpm45 actually tell the full story? What about prehead damage?
    Are mages actually viable attackers in HT?
    Why are NL/BM/pally/bucc still hitting the wing in 2020?
    How do the meta classes stack against each other in terms of effective dpm?
    Are NLs actually bad, or this is a meme?
    How important is it for the bishop to attack?

By compiling the HT DPM information for all classes, I hope to answer some of these questions. I also expect some of my numbers will be off, so it would also gather some information from the community regarding some dpm measurements.

As many have brought up before, dpm45 alone is not an ideal way to gauge HT dpm as it misses out on prehead damage and also inflates cleaver dpm via wing damage. Thus I will introduce 3 different measures of dpm in a attempt to better capture the full picture.

1.Prehead dpm
    This will be the average dpm done on preheads WHILE IT IS NOT CANCELLED. Knockbacks are taken into account. You can measure this by doing several @dpm1 on periods where the head is not cancelled, and averaging the results from multiple measurements.
    2. Body averaged dpm
    This will more or less be the dpm45, although on some runs the body lasts for longer than 45min, so this may require a dpm 50-60.
    3. Effective Body average dpm
    This will be the same as #2, except wing damage will be subtracted. The reason why this is useful is because on runs with multiple cleavers, wing damage doesn't really contribute to making the run faster. This would be the portion of cleavers dpm that actually contributes to making the run faster, thus the term "effective" dpm. This one will be the hardest to estimate, as I will have estimate how much damage a cleaver does to the wing and subtract that from dpm45. Expect rough estimates for this section.

Now as for the equipment and stats of my control group character, I will assume level 19x with endgame equips(perf/near pear weapons tier and above). As for buffs, I will assume these tests are being done on bear/cider, echo, mw20, SE, and SI. Because the assumption is a endgame character, some of these data points are problematic as there does not exist a true endgame reference character for certain classes, so I would have to go off of the strongest representative of their class(whose dpm measurements I actually know) and estimate what it would be if they had endgame equips.

Because cleaver's body dpm measurements can vary greatly depending on rotation and on many other cleavers are in the run, I will assume the "peak" values. That is to say I will assume that there is only 1 cleaver and the rotation is efficient (no range hitting wings etc)

Without further ado, here are my current estimates(likely subject to corrections).
    [​IMG]
    The values that are tagged with * are the ones I am not sure about.
    **Shadower Body Averaged DPM could be higher since I dont have data that involves a shadower as the only cleaver in the party.

Indie
    ThiefNL
    Joei
    ImsinXD
    Liquidpepega
    Thuglife420
    Blu301
    Me
    Mostly extrapolations off dummy dpm...
    JDPJHC (using my sword kekW)
    Zhanshen666
    Inopaladin
    Mrpresident
    iies
    EUiies
    Oradious
    Akash
    Luffy
    Sh0t
    Meleesmash

I'm am sure these values need to be tinkered, so let me know if you think there are some questionable data points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    What happened to horntail just being a 4fun thing to do with ur buds for some exp and meso, the @dpm command was a mistake :^(

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    actually maybe the 2 hour timer was the real mistake

4. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:43 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    TFW 2 hour timer was meant to prevent these degen 3 - 4 man HT runs but a sub-85min no bishop no hb 4 man run with mage is still possible KEKW

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think we should also add an effective overall column to the list.

It could be calculated as prehead damage / 3 +(effective main body * 2) / 3.

Since it seems that in most squads, if preheads take ~30mins to finish, you can expect main body to take ~1hr. So that means that preheads are basically 1/3 the fight in horntail.

Another option is to weigh them both equally.

Prehead damage / 2 + effective main body / 2.

The reasoning for this is that the last 15-20 minutes of HT main body in most runs is basically identical to prehead (everyone is doing single target damage).

I think that they should be weighed equally, but others can chime in if they disagree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    10:43 AM
    Can't believe people still do ht in 2020 when the superior end game method of exp and money is nt.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    10:43 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Just wanted to say that I agree with the MM figures you have provided (incase you are concerned that your extrapolations felt incorrect)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:43 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I actually considered doing this as well, but I figured it might be better to just keep the numbers separated as that might be easier to interpret, especially since some of the cleaver effective body dpms have questionable estimates.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:43 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    whats the point in doing shads instead heros? shads are that good in NT?

10. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:43 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    ahh, okay,ty for the answer