1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A few suggestions to revive the DrK's class

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hoangrex99, Jan 23, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:38 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    A buff that may never be accepted but that could help up keep up dmg wise would be increasing crusher attacking speed by 200ms or 100. Crusher speed is slower than any other skill. At cap speed is 810ms per cast (this speed is only available with the fishing rod and the sky ski + SI) while blast and brandish go by 600ms per cast, so any other warrior is doing 100 attacks per minute while dks cap is 74 (70 if you use a slow spear like a faltizan or maybe if they add it, the timeless alchupiz, the best spear dmg wise).
    Edit DKs dmg is around 66.6% the potential damage of heroes and paladin (paladin hitting neutral damage with fire charge).
    Current crusher speed:
    2 810ms (sky ski+SI or booster + fishing pole)74 attacks per min
    3 870ms (any other spear with SI)70attatcks per min
    4 930ms (sky ski with booster)64 attacks per min
    5 990ms (any spear with booster)60 attacks per min
    6 1050ms (unboosted sky ski)
    7 1140ms (unboosted with any other spear)
    New one could be:
    2 610ms 98 attacks per minute
    3 670ms 89 attacks per minute
    4 730ms 82 attacks per minute
    5 790ms 76 attacks per minute
    6 850ms
    7 940ms

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:38 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Do you mean 66.6% actual damage or 66.6% the attack speed? I thought DK's outdamage paladins when they are hitting neutral.

3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    overall dpm, actually paladin hit more when hitting neutral with fire charge.
    When comes dmg per hit paladin does 600% x 1.75 fire charge so is 1050%
    Dk is 170% x3 hits x2 zerk 1020% and hero is 260% x2 hits x1.9 max aca 988%.
    Hero and paladin doing 100 attacks per min on SI while DK reaches 74 with sky ski.
    Also paladin has the cursed skull a 120w att base weapon while hero and also paladin have access to swords like the claymore or stonetooth, and even nt weapons. sky ski is 99w att clean max, other slower spears with more attack are slower with 70 attacks per minute on SI.

Dks dmg is the most reliable tho with beholders extra mastery and the fact that it divides the attack in more smaller attacks, more rolls means every crusher does more often average damage (while being harder to achieve the highest dmg and lowest) hero is on the middle and paladin blast is a rgn fest when comes to rolls

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    10:38 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Mind, that zerk mostly of the times is Unstable or not posible in some cases.. that Unstability affect our dpm so much... Heroes and Pallys can hit with all their strenght 100% of the times. thats is other weak point for darks.

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Changing the attack speed of Crusher might actually break Bigfoots for Dark Knights, so I'd be very weary of making any changes to it. There's definitely a difference with attacks/minute leading to less dpm, but the 80% mastery written differently is technically a 10% buff to damage overall. It doesn't really fill the gap, but it does make it less apparent.

I don't really feel that weak overall to need a ~20% boost in damage from speed increases. A small boost in the later levels, such as making Beholder give 26 attack would be great, but overall I kind of like where Dark Knights are, though it could use some small changes. Currently I deal about 3.7-3.8mil single target dpm at level 150 with the regular booster and a coke pill, 4 dex/int/luk with some decent equips: 127 att Pooh Pooh Shovel/7 att cape/12 attack gloves/10 attack MoN(My luck will never recover from this MoN)

I think the biggest Quality of Life change would still be having small percentage healing potions for an equivalent price to what NLC has. It hurts trying to use Reindeer Milk for everything because you know you'll be spending many times more on potions than every other class in the game, so for the most part I avoid them where I can and instead stick to the 40% potions because I can't really afford to be dropping 1-3 million mesos on bosses just healing myself. Because I use the 40% potions, a large chunk of my damage goes missing because going below 3k hp is remarkably dangerous. Overall this lowers my damage to around 3-3.2mil, which is pretty sub-standard.

The Triangular Sushi(Plum) being available would be a great boon to helping fill the gap. They could be sold in the Ninja Castle to not feel so out of place, going along with the mob that drops them. 20% hp/mp for 1200 mesos would alleviate a lot of the dpm issues Dark Knights have, filling the gap between what is done to the target dummies vs. what you actually deal to bosses.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:38 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the smart buffs update will really help make DKs better overall.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Tbh if you are dealing 3.7 - 3.8m single target DPM with your gear ( WHICH IS REALLY REALLY GOOD), I feel like this kinda supports the fact that DRKs may need a buff. My sair does like ~4m dpm single target without any att pots (lv 151). My gear is much worse than yours, 12 att glove, 2 att 6 dex cape, 7 dex 4 str shoes, normal HTP, AND i have 200 base int.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  8. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    DK's can hit 3 targets though, which makes up for things in a major way. MapleF17

Like here's me with Stew/SI/SE/echo/mw20 vs 3 of the cwkpq bosses

[​IMG]

It's hard to talk about buffing a class when in certain instances, a large buff will absolutely shred with cleave damage. That's why for the most part I'd lie on the conservative side when buffing any classes, it's really easy to open up instances where things get out of hand with cleave potential for warriors. I haven't actually fought Horntail on my Dark Knight but if I remember right there are spots where you can cleave multiple parts. Like can't they reach Wings/Arm/Head?

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Brandish does the same as Crusher, but it has better vertical range (not sure about horizontal) hero can reach the head the arm (better than dk) and the wings during cleave. Also when you hit the middle head and the left head (sometimes when it raises) hero has an easir time doing so because of the better vertical range and the fact that they hit faster. HH cleave is a bit like mages cleave more targets, but atm im not sure whats the potential of paladins cleave at the beguining yet. An attacking speed buff on Crusher (even tho I know is most likely to not happen) will make DK stronger but will never be as strong as hero (as is suposed to be since hero doesnt have hb to do better support) maybe just a 100ms decrease in speed would make DK a bit better on damage without overtaking any other warrior, besides Zerk is harder and mor problematic and expensive to pull out on bosses than combo or any charge, specially if they do hihg amounts of damage like at the beguining of HT, when HT seduces you is easy to die, Pink Bean when you start fighint the bean itself zerk is not an option and Toad even with the achiles afecting magic damage now using Zerk there is hard and very risky. A 100ms reduce on Crusher would make DK to keep up a bit more on dps without being overpwoered at all.

10. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    9:38 AM
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I would like to add my 2 cents here.
    Hex of beholder should get some buffs in terms of Weapon Attack.
    I know hex orginally gave 15 Weapon Attack, but given that rage gives 20 Weapon Attack from the recent buff change, there is no reason not to buff Hex on that regards.

Concentrate 30 from Archer gives 26 Weapon Attack, but it has a cooldown unlike permanent buff like beholder does.

I would say somewhere between 20 and 26 Weapon Attack would be considerable buff for Hex since it is not a party buff.
    It would not be overpowered.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Can agree on this part, as for Zerking. its really not that hard, you just have to pay attention :p , DKs are pretty strong tbh... Crusher speed seems fine. by the looks of things, DK class is pretty well "fixed" atm. Only issue I have is cost of cheese/milks.

The Hex beholder issue is fixed, so I'm done complaining about DKs. my lvl 25 finally has meaning.

P.S. Toad has iframes 1st body, so you can zerk majority of the time, and not take hella dmg. You just have to rush/master when to do it ;)

12. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Those do sound like some pretty solid issues. A lot of what I said doesn't really address the fact that Heroes are superior in almost every single way, with damage, survive-ability, and range, with their only trade-off is not having Hyper Body. I think I'd be for increasing the vertical range of Crusher to match Hero's Brandish. And maybe have Hex give a lot higher of a bonus than what people are expecting to close the damage gap. Back when it came out it stacked with attack potions, so you'd be using a cider + Hex if you had the inventory space for a total of 35 attack. If it's made into a vanilla 35 attack here then it would be a fairly crazy buff to Dark Knights, but only around level 150+ when a person can get max Hex of the Beholder. Unless you want to go Hex of Beholder before Stance, but I'm pretty sure Stance is still a better dpm increase.

Still way too sketched out to want an attack speed increase. Bigfoot is how I level up MapleF18

13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think you still can 100%hit bf at any speed, there must be a way since Crusher has this delay thing going on, the further a target it the later you will attack it. And other jobs with faster-attacking speed can still do good at bf. The damage difference is ab it high in my opinion still, a hero on that cleave would do around 18m dpm while you do 14m and as much as I know DKs is more of a support but how zerk works make it like you need to risk a bit to still not be good enough dpm wise specially when I see the riskiest stuff on games have big rewards o.o

14. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I found the perfect potion for Dark Knights: Ginseng Roots.

Normally, they heal 12k, which is usually too much. But if you kill Afterroads, they cast Zombify on you, meaning they only heal 6k! Perfect! And all you have to do is train in a pretty garbo map and just keep letting them cast Zombify on you. Now instead of spending 5k mesos on 5k health you can spend 2100 on 6k health! So many saved mesos.

Edit: Jk, it's the Overloads that zombify

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 1