1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A reasonable Hex of the Beholder buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Oct 20, 2018.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:55 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Hex of the beholder has been regarded as a bad skill, even tho on its current state is an ok skill. The big problem is that you won't raise over lv 20 just because of the weapon attack gain, but I think I found a small solution to make that skill work at lv 25.

The weapon attack gain is 15w att at lv25, or that's what I heard. Later or that weapon attack got buffed, and I've seen that change in other places too o.o so the weapon attack is 26. That and maybe add some buffs to the other stats we could make this skill worth maxing.

My max stat idea would be: 26w att +100 both defenses 30 or 40 acc and 50 or so avoid.

This change could make DKs to think about using beholder. Maxing this skill would make DKs overall a bit stronger (not overpowered) and would not have to rely on the most common attack potions (ciders and coke town pills) saving some slots, because DKs use at least 3 different kinds of potions. On the case of using a better attacking potion like for example, an apple DKs would have to not summon Beholder losing all those buffs and the healing overtime for more power, this would balance everything out.

Let me know what you think, have a good day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Maybe the beholder atk buff can be adapted a little bit too, like the pirates rush skill (not overwriting other buffs, but while it's active choosing the best one (like rush+haste)). That way even the 1 atk would be ok because you could just use ciders without them being overwritten by the beholder.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:55 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Still would be balanced, to get that good boost or apple. When you don't apple you will be much better overall. Also, I've seen that they can't make the attack to stack with potions, it has been suggested. So making it give a good attack boost would make that skill much better at max lv

5. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I kinda wana bump this suggestion once again with maybe some changes.
    The big problem is the attack (because of it you jsut need this skill at lv16/25)
    The incentive to max it could be either make the weapon attack work like charge from buccaneer (the weapon attack that is the highest is applied)
    or increase the weapon attack to 26 so there is a reason to max this skill and have this thing where you dont get any buffs or healing from beholder (beacause you are not sumoning it) during better attack pots like chocolate or apple
    EDIT
    I think at max level the acc is 25 which is not bad, I am not sure if that needs a buff, perhaps up to 30 acc would be nice.
    Both defenses barely add to survibability unless is 200+ on both but that buff is also up to debate.
    Avoidability is better to elave it how it is, I dont think warrior is capable of avoiding anything anyways so unless the avoid buff is 400+ (which is an op change and should not be implemented, warrior is not a thief) this stat is pretty much irelevant

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    null
    Beginner
    null
    imo the beholder doesn't need to be buffed; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and frankly i'm sick & tired of dark knights winning all the beauty contests

7. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    5:55 PM
    Sarina
    Rage gives +20 WA -20 WDEF at level 30

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    at lvl 21 beholder, you cant use an apple or higher attack pots, without it being overrided. thats kindve wack and not fair, cuz the aura healing is nice during boss runs. If anything needs to be fixed, its the overriding attack (beholder gives 15 atk). It just sucks how you cant use apples without beholder on. If this was changed/fixed, I think DK class will have no more issues. (later versions didnt override atk buffs)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Something could be done for this skill to be maxed (Like back then the pirate ship was kept at lv1 because increasing its level was detrimental instead of making it more useful) Hex of the Beholder has the same issue, either make the buff not override or make it give a good weapon attack, 26 so whenever you use a better pot you give up a lot by not summoning it. I could even accept 20 weapon attack as a reason to use it but at its current status (altho I like more 26 e.e dem DK damage capabilities are not as good as its fellow warriors). How it is at the moment beholder has no reason to be raised above lv16. Even tho you don't get w.att until lv21 because beholder buffs instead of using separated buffs that are rebuffed constantly are just a single buff so no need to have lv20 to keep all the buffs up o.o (that could be changed too to excuse it to be lv 20 at least)

10. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:55 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well i agree that is kinda a waste for not be able to max this skill and keeping it lv 20, when at lv 21 the buffs from beholder are much better, If this skill becomes smart and not override the buff at least, its a good advance.