1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A /slash command for tracking a person's EXP % in real time.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trion, Feb 18, 2021.

1. tzahdayan

tzahdayan Red Snail

Jan 27, 2021
    Female
    12:57 AM
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:57 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    EXP gains are server side so I don't see why this would be the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    12:57 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    If i remember it right, the thread's editor talked about the exp the player has and not how much he gained.
    All im saying it can be a bit tricky and staff should watch out from this.
    but i do agree that you can calculate the exp that gained and not how much the player has at the same moment without security problems.

4. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    10:57 PM
    Love the idea. Been struggling about buyers' exp for some time as a leech seller, and noticing the same problems bothering more or less many other leech sellers.

Currently the solution I heard from other sellers to check buyers' live exp is to inv a mule into the party, which will update all party members' exp from the stats checking api (which is used by those discord bots to get players' exp info).

But there are certain scenes this technic won't work like:
    1. If you had a full afk buyers' party, u can not invite a char in to update.
    2. If you happen to dced and the party leader passed to an afk player, then you can not invite a char to update.

And this will not only benefit leech sellers, but also normal party circumstances, when you would like to track someone else's exp gain secretly. (stalk and peek at a distance).

In conclusion, I love this idea and can not see any downside of it too. Pog.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023