1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice About GTOP and Vote Cash

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    7:05 AM
    As said by Pixels below you saying the quote above have no objections if theres facts towards other players that don't wash using their NX for pure cosmetics or pets because they want to have fun instead of waiting to stack vote NX to increase their HP pools to survive hits

Exactly and its depressing to see higher level long time players that actually wait for the time to HP wash stacking AP Resets voting for NX which is about 3 days for 5, as you said the monsters below hit like a truck and its sad to see first time lower levels ask some where they should train when everyone tells them the monsters below or either Levels from leech or to solo train, like the amount of people that deny "HP washing is only for bossing" is a huge lie, and its disheartening to see people ask about HP washing just to a certain threshold just to see results of them get EXP gains and having things get overdrawn at a later level.

These monsters hit like a truck in for their level range, a first timer won't be able to afford HP wash let alone enough potions to survive.

Kid Mannequin.png
    Kid Mannequin - Level 75

Greatest Oldies.png
    Greatest Oldies - Level 76

Latest Hits Compilation.png
    Latest Hits Compilation - Level 72

Wolf Spider.png
    Wolf Spider - Level 80

Vikerola.png
    Vikerola - Level 87

Gallopera.png
    Gallopera - Level 94

Dreamy Ghost.png
    Dreamy Ghost(Himes) - Level 100

People that aren't going to HP wash aren't going to wash with 'INT equips' washing is washing if they aren't going to do it they won't be spending their gear/potion mesos for INT gear that isn't going to actually help them from level 30 to 120 from buying leech if they choose to, and old news some don't even want leech.

Buying Leech
    30~75 hourly leech 2/2.5mil
    75~90 hourly leech 3.5/4.5mil
    90~110 hourly leech 5/5.5mil
    110~120 hourly leech 6/6.5mil

Buying 80 INT gear
    -Decent 5 slot +3 INT White Raccoon Mask 40mil~45mil
    -Scroll for Eye Accessory for INT 100% which is about 8mil~10mil
    -Bathrobe 15 INT which is about 60mil~70Mil+
    -Old Raggedy Cape 10 INT 15mil~20mil
    -Yellow Work Gloves 2/8 INT 7mil~105mil
    -Wooden Wand +6 INT 6mil~9mil

188mil~299mil A newer player isn't going to obtain about 300mil unless they have a high level mage already, some player have yet to get their first CS/WS.

I have 41 INT total in equips, and I have both a Bishop and washing a Night Lord.

"Make rare gach tradable for AP resets 100% of the time during the year like gold gachapon tickets used to be in the past."

If a player gets a rare gach ticket and trades them in for AP Reset while they're already asking ways on how to make mesos, keep in mind that their levels are in range of 20 to about 55ish.

Why increase gach drops in bosses if theres already books and scrolls along with services that players buy and save up for if the item they obtained has horrible stats/explodes the item, higher levels already have a reliable source of income unless they give away all their gear/get hacked or something.

------------------------------------
    I think it should be more balanced in other directions not just with area bosses, Zakum, Ravana, Horntail, Pink Bean, lower leveled first timers also want NX too.

Again, keep new players in mind, not just higher levels that can go into boss runs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Meso making from bossing is laughable. Akash made a post stating 6 man runs average out to 10m/hr over the course of about 40 runs he did. I’m fine with adding 1-2 tickets for each of these players totaling 3-6k NX. That seems okay to me.

My suggestion keeps low level players in mind already. Pink bean, HT, and Zakum are not area bosses. These are expeditions. Area bosses would be things like Mano, Stumpy, Deo, Bigfoot, and so on and so forth. Also there’s nothing stopping low level players from grinding for rare gach tickets.

It is not the low level players who are hurting for NX anyways. It’s people in the 90-140 range who are deciding between whether they think playing this game is worth it or if they should just quit because they don’t want to invest the exorbitant amount of time required (whether that be through voting or it be through event farming of resets) of them to access end game content.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    10:05 PM
    Personally, I think that an exchange system to change gach tix to nx items/vote cash could be considered - especially since you do have to choose between the two in original maple.

Point system in boss pq giving out nx is a good idea too. I believe adding a low droprate for nx to all mobs should be considered over expedition bosses as most maps are under utilised while most people going bossing frequently - might open up possibility of party training in deep ludi if similar party point system is added. Universal nx mob drop could also add a division of choosing xp or obtaining nx.

I do not believe that adding nx to area boss is a good idea at all, with the current drops, there is already so many campers waiting for each area boss spawn, adding nx hunters to those places will just make it worse. Maybe increase exp to area boss and reducing valuable drops for area bosses is the approach to go.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Otsuga

Otsuga Slime

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    11:05 AM
    Dark Knight
    This would not solve the other ways to get NX like daily quests, PQs, etc... but hear me out.

How about achievement for job advancement (do a quest to talk do the job instructor to get a reward for NX and/or maybe ap resets), first time killing a boss, progression complete for quests(10,25,50,75,100 and so on), card hunting progress (maybe, finished a low lvl set heres 250nx, oh a zakum set here is 10k NX).

This way both casuals and daily players can benefit to get some extra NX, without someone felling they are left behind, at the end of the day everybody has the same oportunity to gain some more NX.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    3:05 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    • Do not make nx/gatch tickets tradeable as it will kill the economy
    • Keep voting how it is however, half the amount you get and get rid of the streak so just 1 fixed sum. This will be fair for the people who struggle to vote through GTOP. (Also get rid of the in game message for 'you can now vote on this account' as some of us can't.)
    • Keep mobs dropping NX, small amounts but up the drop rate. Encourage more grinding/farming like in events.
    • Party quests give NX as a reward for completing, nothing big but the only thing i can think of is people making PQ mules but there is no harm in that? More active party quests for other other characters too?
    • Quests give a little reward for completing, again nothing big.
    Overall gives the users a choice of how to earn NX and can do as many/little as they wish without breaking the economy. Encourages play instead of creating a character in 2019, voting for 1 year and then playing...

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I didn't call Zakum, Ravana, Horntail, Pink Bean area bosses I've mentioned area bosses along with Zakum, Ravana, Horntail, Pink Bean..

I guess I typo'd my comma there along with calling Ravana, Ranava. (whoops.. fixed it though.)

However I didn't mention Papulatus, Scarlion, Targa, Krexel, Vergamot, Dunas.
    (Is that all of them?)

Since voting is the issue for AP Resets I guess keeping it the way it is but code in HP gaining alternatives like

The tl;dr for most players is:
    • Old players can continue washing for as long as they want. We will give old players the ability to switch to this system. This means that all old players (washed or unwashed) will be able to have a similar base HP value as players who have washed - all old or current Thieves/Bowmen/Corsairs can use this new system to upgrade their base HP to 19,000+.
      • After switching over, they will no longer gain extra MP with INT (unless they're a Magician) and they won't be able to alter HP/MP (either adding or subtracting) using AP resets. Instead, they will raid Horntail to upgrade their HP.
    • New players will no longer gain extra MP with INT (unless they're a Magician) and they won't be able to alter HP/MP (either adding or subtracting) using AP resets.
      • Instead, they will raid for HP. There's no need to understand the numbers I've included in this thread. The system is very streamlined - you get a Badge of Zakum or Badge of Horntail and you'll have the option to exchange it for HP. You can do this a limited amount of times (10 times for Zakum and 30 times for Horntail).

would be possible, perhaps an "HP gaining service" would be a new addition, not sure.. people tend to not like my suggestions..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. coolkid150jr

coolkid150jr Red Snail

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    10:05 AM
    OliverQueen
    Bowmaster
    Beaters
    Hi ML Community!

I'm excited to see this discussion taking place, as I believe it's long overdue. I think there have been some really solid ideas to keep the server relevant, improve the community and keep players motivated.

Identified Problems:

1. We need to continue GTOP voting (as annoying as it is) to stay relevant. This game is only fun if we have people to play it with and as mentioned GTOP finessed the SEO for Maple Private Servers

2. HP/MP Washing Issues is a main reason that many players quit: Either players are fed up with their stats or they are fed up waiting so long for NX Cash to wash new characters.

3. Daily Quest Rewards (Suggested): Not everyone has the luxury of playing this game everyday due to work/other conflicts. Need to keep those players motivated too without them feeling like they need to play daily to not fall behind.

Possible Solutions:

1. Implement WEEKLY GOALS for NX/Resets
    • Long term goals give players something to work towards for the week, instead of doing a daily & sometimes annoying repetitive task (ex. Paper Hunting)
    • As mentioned in Problem 3, not everyone can play this game daily so we need to keep these players motivated as well
    • Weekly goals are much more tolerable for GM's/Players : Less brainstorming for GM's and less maintenance to fix possible breaks/bugs
    2. Long Term In-Game Goals for NX/Resets (Previously Suggested):
    • Get NX for Long Term Achievements (Ex. Job Advancements, Completing a # of different PQ's, Killing a # of different bosses, etc.)
    • Can even make these community based

3. Quest Tier Rings for NX/Resets: get rewarded for doing quests
    • No one really does quests unless they give really good Exp/rewards
    • Motivate newer players to explore the Maple World more
    • Spread everyone out, less concentration in leeching areas & other high exp areas
    Please let me know what you think! Thank you to everyone who contributed previously.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. StonedFox

StonedFox Snail

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    StonedFox
    Page
    My suggestion would be to give out small amounts of NX per hour on the hour, considering you've played at least 45 minutes or so. This way even if you afk with some friends or need to take a break from grinding there's a small influx in your voting cash. Let's say 50 or 100 NX per hour played, and with this system maybe an AFK marking system, maybe one that doesn't kick you but instead revokes the ability to acquire NX passively. This is be a massive bonus to those grinding mobs to NX because they have an active income as they play and the possibility to collect monster NX drops. I'd also like to add in to this suggestion, that of which has been mentioned already before. Increase the rewards across the table on the PQ's. You get EXP but at most with mesos you get are stock, clean items that might sell for $50k or so; Maybe give a meso reward or NX? (maybe a "consistency" rule where this only rewards those who have stuck to one party or have PQ'd X amount of times within an hour?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Why can't it just be as simple as logging in each day gets you the 5k NX. The downside is you actually have to log in. But at least it encourages people to "turn on" the game for a change and maybe talk to people. (this could still be programmed as a "vote" into GTOP for rankings purposes).

Furthermore since people are now bringing up voting/washing as a main reason people are quitting I would also argue another reason people are quitting is they can never train at the meta areas when they want to. Not everyone wants to wait till 5 AM their timezone to train at hotly contested areas.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:05 PM
    Moderator Post
    No, it can't... This is already mentioned in a different post.
    See the end of the year 2020 topic regarding map availability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    I like the idea of maybe a weekly or monthly staff-made JQ where you get NX depending on your time.
    Skilled players get more NX for a faster time, but unskilled players are still rewarded for finishing it.
    It would be a new JQ each time so super experienced players don't have a huge advantage and aren't bored either.
    It would make everyone return to try the new JQ each week or month to get a good time at least once.

Honestly you could take out the timed aspect if thats not popular and it would still be good, just give a NX reward for finishing the new JQ within the time period.
    Also not sure how hard it is to make those JQs, that could make this idea not viable

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Yes Kimmy I remember you saying that in that post "We hope we are able to provide more map options in 2021, so when one map is full, people still got options to other maps as well."

I appreciate you effort to push towards this in 2021 as best as you can. I was just simply highlighting the top reasons people quit in a server like this as some who has now almost played for 2 years.

People love to make HP washing the sole scapegoat for alot of quitting issues and I feel that isn't fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    9:05 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    If i may add, people keep suggesting the whole , trade NX gacha to AP reset problem
    but there's two main issues with this solution
    1.- Not enough coupons per level
    I'm currently playing an archer which i have planned to grind only, i've tried to find the best average to level up with 2 MP washes and 2 fresh washes from 50 onwards, or maybe 4 MP washes and wash it in the end.
    Either way, i always will need 4 AP resets Every level, there's many times where people only get 0-2 gacha at best every level
    (probably more if you're a magician ulting) if we depended only on gacha for AP reset exchange, i would be unreliable, besides that wouldn't solve the issue of self leechign with base 200+ INT because they cant gain gacha on the character they plan to wash they would get it on the leeching character, so is kind of give and take for that, personally not a fan of self leech but is to leave that out there.

2.- Non-Washing Chars get still the advantage
    It will eventually come to a point where we realize
    ''Why do i have to trade in all my gacha only to play the game when my Bishop friend can make more gacha and they can trade it for riches to fund themselves''
    Players shouldn't have to pick survivability over a prize they earned
    It would only lead to washing classes hoping to be playable on their gacha drops, and others just getting extra rewards that they dont need to trade, still sounds suckish unfair imho.

Sometimes that IS the only reason and i will tell you why
    This is meant to be a NOSTALGIC SERVER, while not many people have the time to grind to play this server
    there's also the people who now have the knowledge and the commitment to go further when they couldn't

When you always wanted that nightlord when you were only an assassin level 40, or you were level 70 but you never saw zakum in its prime or touched a zakum, or you saw the videos of horntail and you always wanted to try it

And then you finally did it, you hit 100- 120 with your nightlord, congrats you pushed, the path was hard and then you realize.
    Everything kicks your butt, monsters like newties and skelegons hitting for 3.5k which IS more than your HP
    Bosses all can one shot you,while zakum seems hardly doable, you dont feel is the same since you more than anyone have to pot instantly every hit so you don't die.
    Now what
    People tell you to make money to make a bishop which you don't like to, only to farm enough cash and meso for 1 year so you can restart the character, and restarting is not the whole issue, is having to play a class that you don't like for 1 year while committing to remember to vote EVERY SINGLE DAY, only to go through complicated loops, and miss the experience too of playing 1-120 because you have to self-leech while spending all your AP on INT, and MP washing.

That sounds like a lot of effort meanwhile , a new warrior or a new magician can usually explore freely, play the game however they want, yes some of them need extra HP or MP washing too, but at least the range of possibility on nostalgic stuff is broader.

If i have to say anything i guess it would be to just somehow raise ranged classes HP to a playable level without washing
    without rings, without anything
    We already made strafe the skill with 4 arrows to shoot 5, and mess aroudn with sin crits but just buffing HP sounds outrageous
    I'm not saying ''hey give every class 10k HP by 120'' but

If a ranged class at 120 would have at the very least had 1.5k base, so let's say 5k at 120 , enough to endure 2 hits of himes without dying, would be a better QOL for all the nostalgic players only seeking to enjoy the game to the fullest non-ambition way
    Yes they can still not do HT or PB or other ones, but their gameplay will go smoother in general

I love the HP ring and i know the other methods of getting HP , but like i said
    the Ring is a cherry on top of your washing, let's put the struggling 3.5k HP archer at 120(that's a lie they have like 3k HP at 120)
    A magician, warrior don't NEED (they want it yes just like everyone) a ring, so they slowly work their way to it, no rush
    A CB wants the ring , since it's basically 2k HP instead of 1k , a better reward for them for the time investment so they seek it more.
    Washing attackers want the ring yes but don't need it, they may have already have 8-15k HP, so they do want the extra 1k but they already don't need it as much
    Ranged classes, DESPERATELY NEED the ring, without washing they can't survive 1 hit from monsters, but now getting a ring is 1 month of constant card hunting and i repeat they will struggle to farm other things that hit too hard, and after that it'll just be a bandaid, they'll have 4k instead of 3k and while that helps heaps that also still won't be enough for anything , they can't do anymore than they could before (besides surviving normal mobs)

Why would players have to go through this exodus only to have a slightly better HP, and then when they realize ''Yeah this isn't enough i do need to wash'' boom time to farm 300 cards from scratch because 1k HP is nice but the ones that need it struggle and the ones that don't can take their sweet time for it

I know this might go into ''suggestions'' territory but here's two more
    Make arrow rain damage slighty higher , i know archers are meant to snipe safetly
    but... the harder you hit the sooner they die, the less damage you take
    Warriors have big HP pools, take less damage and at level 100 they could do 10k damage on their mobbing skill, same like mages can do like 8-9k with their 3rd job skill
    I think Hermits with shadow partner can also do similar things
    Archers at 100 hit approximately 4k-5k, while at 140 they finally can hit 20k with SE and extra damage, they no longer need arrow rain much beside fbeing a finisher because being in close combat is not the best way either way
    but arrow rain need a damage buff, im not asking to do 10k or constest warriors
    but would be nice..you know, to hit 6k-8k before 4th job , and 30k at later levels wouldn't hurt as much as it sounds since others do the same and bigger scale even,

Also....

What about instead of AP resets in cash shop
    we sell HP buffers alongside AP resets (so they can stay true to their use)
    a 3k cash item that just gives 15-20 HP
    Players wont need to invest in INT equips or HP washing if they don't want?
    voting for 6k NX can get you 2 of those buffers
    so .. voting for one month would get you approx 900-1000 HP, for those who want to spend the NX on it, either way it would still take 1 year for those new players to get to like 15k HP and you can put a limit like (you can only gain 5000 HP with this method) so when players get like 8k HP and want more?
    Well you can do old washing, or you can hunt for the ring if you didn't put into int beforehand either way now you'd have 10k HP for a lot of bosses with or without HB!

Yay

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. welch123

welch123 King Slime

Nov 4, 2017
    Male
    New York, NY
    nucky, Jacinda
    please just increase red kimmy to 10k nx

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Zakku

Zakku Blue Snail

Jul 1, 2017
    11:05 PM
    MamaHealsMe
    Bishop
    Hippos
    nx in gach is a good idea i think, remove those useless fairy pots and have chance of 250 and 150 in common gach instead, then for rare gach maybe chance for 500.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    Agreed

17. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    The way i see this the nx drop from monsters seems to kill the drop rate for gach tickets. great idea but how would u guys go about it? will u be increasing the drop rate on gatch tickets as well if they start to dop nx now? also will u guys be taking megas out of gach as a reward? because i have seen this complaint a lot but yet nothing is ever done about it.

another big issue is the fact that on this server most players are forced to make mages or bishops, because its the only way to make money to work on the character you actually ant to play. And yes i know some people will say there are other ways to make money in game, but saying it and testing it yourself are 2 different things. On paper they sound great, but are they actually working? for example, people say scroll farming makes you a lot of money. That is true, because in the old maple we would spend hours farming scrolls and be happy about the results. So, i took the time to test it out myself, spent hours on it to see how it actually is. And in all honesty if you have a daily job like 90%+ of people do, that is a horrible way to make money to fund your main character. in 2-4 hours i get maybe 2 or 3 decent scrolls and yes MAYBE, next i tested the farming gach for money thing, that one is a lot better then going out and farming scrolls, because u sometimes get good scrolls. Just don't have the mind set that your farming for CS or WS because you will be disappointed its all RNG. But the bad thing about gach farming is the tons of trash gear you get and will not use or need and the amount of mega phones you get that's fill s up your inventory for no reason. The only way i found that makes good meeso without having to make a mage is of course the old way of grinding for badges at crimson keep. And trading for messo but even that is slow because the drop rate for badges are a lot lower so it takes hours to farm them. So at the end most people just give up farming in general make mage or bishop and go sell leech because lets be honest you guys may say they have other choices but do they really? I honestly think there should sometimes be 2x drop events, since frome what i have been getting from other players mages are kinda screwed when it comes to farming. Even though a lot of people used to make mages for the purpose of farming, it does not seem to work here the same way. Because everyone just tells that the mages ultimate skills have extremely bad drop rates, that's in a way telling me if i go to temple of time id have to sit there and magic claw everything to death, in order to actually get decent drops. Because id spend hours there and just get nothing at least nothing worth the time i spend there. If you guys are really serious about making changes here id say give players other means to make money other then leech selling. Like fixing spawn time and drop rate for crimson keep monsters and TOT monsters cause as of now those are just horrible grind spots that use to be amazing as for NX id definitely say just give us dailies we can do for NX easy solve and everyone can do it.

18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:05 PM
    Moderator Post
    ??? Why is this suddenly a thing a lot say? Each item have their own drop chance, which means Vote Cash tickets changes nothing at all with Gachapon. I already answered this in the event thread too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. makujah

makujah Red Snail

Nov 14, 2020
    Male
    RF, Moscow
    5:05 PM
    Cleric
    I personally am totally okay with how voting system and rewards are working right now. And being number 2 on GTOP is what let me discover your amazing server!
    That being said, I'm not a hardcore or very frequent player, so maybe I'm just not deep enough to see a problem.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    9:05 AM
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    Would it be an ok idea to bring back boss pq (from summer event) and the rewards be nx based?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1