1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

About MP Wash

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Gloryruins, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Gloryruins

Gloryruins Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    11:01 PM
    Dragon Knight
    I currently decided to make a bishop with mp wash so I can get 30k mp earlier.

I've read many posts about mp wash on the forum and most of them stats that "When you remove that AP, it takes away [20 + skill level] MP aka 30MP". However, I just tested it on my lv25 mage with 125 base int and 28 bonus int atm(so the total int was 153), I added 1 ap into mp, then when I tried to using ap reset to take out the mp, it takes me (-41). When I removed all int gears(so my int was 125), it takes me (-39) to take 1 point out of mp(still a lot higher than -30mp).

So my question is, is this a bug or is this just the correct stats about mp washing on this server?

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:01 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Try it again except count how much MP you lose from the ap reset instead of looking at the number the ap reset shows you.

Also, its not reccomended to start mp washing until at least level 120. Until then, you should just bank some vote nx. You get very little gain from mp washing until you have a lot of base int.

3. OP
    OP
    Gloryruins

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Thanks for your advice. By the way, does the int from gears contribute to the wash?

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:01 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Nope. Just base int. So make sure you only add INT.

5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:01 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Generally speaking the rule for MP Washing is to get above lvl 120.
    The general idea is this :

When you add fresh AP from a level, you get [12~20 + skill level (MaxMPIncrease) + INT/10] MP. When you remove that AP, it takes away [20 + skill level] MP aka 30MP.
    So, for MP Washing, the idea is to calculate the gained MP per level + MaxMPIncrease (10) + INT/10

Why lvl 120? Why not below?
    You could be asking that, and yes... you could be able to do this at lvl 70.
    At LVL 70 you should have about 340 INT (Give or take?)

That means MP Gain = 12~20 + 10 + 340/10 = 56 ~ 64 MP
    If you put the AP into MP you would get that MP range... the SP reset will subtract a fixed 30MP ( 20 + MaxMPIncrease (10) )

So you'd gain in total at LVL 70, for every AP put into MP ( 56 ~ 64 ) - 30 ==> 26 ~ 34 MP after washing
    I'm sure it's actually a good gain to start MP Washing at lvl 70... just to start getting a good MP pool by lvl 120 actually ready.

Given that every 2 levels you gain +1MP for the washing... So now for the calculations :
    LVL 70 = 26 ~ 34 MP
    LVL 72 = 27 ~ 35 MP
    LVL 120 = 51 ~ 59 MP

If you're able of doing 5 Washes per LVL, up to LVL 120, starting from lvl 70, that would mean a total gain of :
    9750 ~ 11790 MP
    This MP is the total gained MP from Washing 5 times for every LVL UP.
    Meaning that at LVL 70 you put 5 AP into MP... and wash it out into INT... after those 5 washes you go to LVL UP to 71... and continue the cycle up to lvl 120.

Given that every LVL UP from 1 to 120 you get more MP thanks to the INT you have... well you would already have a ton of MP gained from that.
    Based on the HP Washing table I have ( tested on a Mage )
    You would have at LVL 120 normally ( by pumping all into INT ) about 9910 MP.
    Meaning that if you were to start doing the MP Washing at LVL 70 to 120 as I've discussed above... you would reach LVL 120 with 19600 ~29150 MP

And voilà, you would already have reached 20k MP ... or actually max MP just by starting MP Washing at LVL 70.

TL;DR If you're into max efficiency gain, start MP Washing at LVL 70 and complete 5 APs to MP -> Wash MP -> Put into INT, and then do next LVL UP, this is the perfect circle of efficiency to get a mana pool that's just godlike at lvl 120.

6. OP
    OP
    Gloryruins

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Wow very detailed suggestion! Thank you and I will start wash at lv70 :)