1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Access is denied

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by 4um_GOBLIN, Jul 9, 2021.

1. 4um_GOBLIN

4um_GOBLIN Red Snail

May 14, 2021
    Male
    FM 8-5
    7:23 PM
    Jenchu
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    upload_2021-7-8_19-5-31.png
    I get this error every time I run the desktop icon for MapleLegends.exe. I read online it could be related to running as admin, so I did, and then the error became 10106 load and initialize error. I got that error often, so I just enabled "Windows Me" compatibility mode and run as admin again. Now the client opens to a blank white but crashes with the same error shown above "Access is denied". I made exceptions in firewall and antivirus, but the error remains.

2. OP
    OP
    4um_GOBLIN

4um_GOBLIN Red Snail

May 14, 2021
    Male
    FM 8-5
    7:23 PM
    Jenchu
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    I think it was because MapleLegends was running as a background process... but either way I reinstalled which would only complete once I ended that process using Task Manager. Now I can log in.