1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Actually balance the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:40 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Okay, given the fact that we can confirm it's Maple Magends.
    Let's actually put some discussion into some game balancing.

First balance
    Ghost Ship must be nerfed. Either increase mob Avoidability (so mages can go there at later LVLs), and increase mob attack range, make it IMPOSSIBLE TO AFK IN THE STAIRS.
    Reason? Well they are the only classes that can actually afk a place at lvl 40 to 120 without even moving.

And yes, I've seen pepega priests at lvl 100-110 farming there, because Himes is brain dead hard in comparison.

In this case you can't talk about Archers / Thiefs in Monkey Forest because they are actively moving around and actually can get hit (most times) by the lupins, and have to move to WR / Voodos or other maps to farm at higher LVLs (Lupins being good for 40 to 50ish)

Second balance
    Why are mages the only classes with Ultimates with no cooldown?
    Are they this special? They have other skills to use too, like lightning, angel ray and such.

I propose to put a 5 second Cooldown, this because they don't actually deal 199k DMG by instant and actually have damage calculation (so don't need the bad balance like us Paladins with 15 seconds)
    But still it's higher than what a normal class will be able to do in general (AoE being all visible map)

Third balance (if second is not applied)
    Actually decrease their general Ulti dmg if cooldown isn't removed.

Fourth balance
    Increase the other skills (not ultimates) by a good 40/50% dmg.
    So for example Chain Lightning from 210% to 260%.

Thanks and bye.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    GS2 is not broken at all, just a casual Mage I made, wanted to see how fast it would be to just power creep to lvl 70

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:40 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    +1 on principle - I for one am all in favor of making big dick controversial decisions for the greater good of MapleLegends.

• Like Like x 4
  4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Add a poll maybe

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    8:40 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    We should also look to balance NLC potions. Maybe make them obtainable through events or mob drops and people can use reindeer milk or dews as their primary potions OnionMuha

alternative suggestion: increase the pricing of NLC potions. They were introduced in GMS when not many people washed so 60% healing wasn’t completely insane like it is here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Give me some time and I will write more about map balancing. (oh yes, big list of maps that need changes)
    NLC potions can remain, they're the only way that make non-mage classes still profitable tbh. (might have to run the numbers on this)

7. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
    Even if this goes against myself, Motto is right.
    This is how i play maple:
    lookatme.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:40 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    is big bang in v62 waw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    They don't add polls, why should I lmao

10. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    Mages are fine as they are, having an ultimate is the only thing that seperates them from other classes. Giving the ultimate a CD would ruin the class, they trade off bossing for better farming thats the whole gimmick behind mages in v62. I do agree that afk farming in gs2 isn't healthy, and should be nerfed just as they did with shaolin.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I think mages are right how they are. thats how the things were on maple back then i guess. the thing is that they re doing controversial changes to solve a problem with the wrong strats affecting non-abusers while trying to punish abusers in a very blastant way. they gotta to make more ways to non-mages clases get profit in mid way since they took away the mannequins. i dont think nerfing arround the job will solve the unhappiness that many ppl uncluding me are feeling rn.

12. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Possible maps to balance:
    Deep Ludiburium
    Aqua
    Sleepywood (drakes, other maps maybe too)
    Orbis (it's just a ghost town now, if not for OPQ and card farming)
    Magatia (Yeah, this is a golden spot for lvl 50-60 farming, if well balanced)
    China / Thailand (If balanced can be used at lvl 40 and 60)
    Malasya and Theme Park​

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    why not make a mob spawn in every staircase of the ghost ship, like they did with shao? im sure those guys will fit there

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    To this I say only, if we get nerfed, why can't they?
    Whatever nerf you make to maps / buffs to maps you make, mages will always gain on that.
    And that's not a very efficient / stonks way to look at things.

Take in comparison a possible buff to Petrifighters for the "balance" they did on mannequins, maybe increase the drop rate of items or increase money drop.
    What will this mean? It just means mages that are leeching / farming those maps will gain more, while we're just getting some placebo effect to chill us down.

In the same time, by hitting them hard with a nerf you're legit balancing the economy of the game, where mages are no more the ultimate meso (they'll still be, because even 5 second cooldown is easy on them)

A fucking cancer saying is "make a mage to fund your class", that has to end, or at least take some counter measures to this peepga methodology of thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Just increase they attack range, so if you afk on stairs you get hit.
    So at least the guys standing on rope won't get hit.

16. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I share totally your way of thinking and thats the unhappiness we all have. literally they re telling us to play with mage if we want fast mesos since they nerfed the mannequins. but things to be clear here, a archmage is literally useless in regular bossing so as well you might not discourage em stop playing remember that are mage-only players in the server. the right balance to make is for both types of players get something who else can defend. and not doing nerf because just a "single" fact.

They nerfed HH because the thing on HT. its ok it was broken. but it affected to the solo pally players that loved their HH because just the fact of the some who had the cleverness to use the mules. when maybe there were a better solution like dissabiling the multi-clienting on signed type bossing activities. I mean there is just a bad implementation of solutions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    its more easy the way i said, so even the fast killers can fall over. remember the guys who are in the rope are the ones who's leech generally all the map get nuked with only 1 ultimate so they will never fall anyways. also the only map that have a rope beside a staircase is GS2. if you increase the range to reach the level of the mid case it will look unnatural and ppl will still fall from the rope.

18. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Archmage can surely be buffed for bossing by increasing their non ulti skills, in good % ways.
    (Magician) Cleric, Fire/Poison, Ice/Lightning
    Max : Any Weapon = {[{MAG * 0.8) + (LUK/4)]/18} * Spell Magic Attack * 0.8
    Min : Any Weapon = {[(MAG * 0.8) + (LUK/4)]/18} * Spell Magic Attack * 0.8 * Mastery

This is their dmg calculations, I'm not sure about the 140% base attack Kimmy says on Features, but if I put that as the value of basic attack (140)
    I'd have for Fire Demon (Which hits 6 mobs I say):
    Let's take in example a normal lvl 120 mage (I'm sure it has at least 600 magic attack?)
    Max := ( (600*0.8 + 4/4)/18 ) * 140 * 0.8 => 3.000 dmg
    Min := ( (600*0.8 + 4/4)/18 ) * 140 * 0.8 * 0.6 => 1795 dmg

Can't it just be adjusted to have... double it's dmg? So we're looking at increasing the basic attack from 140 to 240, that means
    Max := ( (600*0.8 + 4/4)/18 ) * 240 * 0.8 => 5.130 dmg
    Min := ( (600*0.8 + 4/4)/18 ) * 240 * 0.8 * 0.6 => 3.079 dmg

I'd love to have the basic attack of all maxed non-Ulti skills on ML, as the features link says "140% base attack at max level instead of 120%" and I'm not sure on how to interpret this.

19. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    2:40 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    let’s ruin the server ft motto

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    No one is going to want to be a dps on a boss as a mage.

• Agree Agree x 2