1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add monster carnival pq !

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by LoKo, Apr 19, 2016.

1. LoKo

LoKo Red Snail

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    11:09 PM
    LoKo
    Dragon Knight
    Hello
    i think we need the old great and fun pq monster carnival it was realy fun and a great way to get to level 51 from level 30 and then you can do other pqs please add this
    video of the pq :

2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:09 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I am quite sure this has been requested before.
    I am sad to dissapoint you but I am quite sure the GM's have other priorities.

3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:09 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It's been already mentioned that this pq will be added in the countless of threads suggesting it, just how it has been said that there are other things GMs want to implement in the server first before cpq, such as weddings or magatia.

4. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    3:09 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    I've never made an actual post on the topic, but i have brought up the point of how this server has aimmed to be nostalgic but ironically didnt come with cpq as it is easily one of the most memorable things in maple. If i remember correctly, kim didnt like cpq for the reason that she sees it as just trading wins for days, and to be fair, the server is a bit small which would make trading wins a more common option than before.

5. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    3:09 PM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    mcpq would make lpq disappear.
    as much as i LOVE MCPQ, its just not worth it. itd take alot of time and id rather see other content then another pq.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Just had an idea to prevent trading wins.

First, the exp you get is not based off the points you win. The only thing that matters is if you can get more points than the other team.

How do you get points? Killing mobs, picking up the point drops, and killing other players.

But here's the problem: if you spawn monsters on the other team, you are only giving them more opportunity to earn more points. So there's some ways to solve this:
    a) Remove the option of summing mobs entirely from the players and just automatically spawn more. or..
    b) When the summon option is chosen, it spawns for both sides. Or...
    c) Monsters you summon only go to the other players as normal, but they get no drops, no exp, and no points from killing those mobs. Thus they are only a hindrance.

Remember that at some point there is a cap to the mob spawn. Potions also should be much rarer than normal, which would actually make this PQ more difficult.

So now that the cpq isn't just a killfest where you get to mindlessly train on hordes of mobs for free, how to prevent trade wins: first of all, you get no exp for losing, and only a small amount for winning. But if you win twice in a row, you get more exp. Once you win 3x in a row you are getting extremely good exp. It's definitely faster than training or LPQ, BUT the catch is that if you are bested in CPQ, you don't get any exp for that round and your win streak is back down to zero.

7. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    4:09 PM
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    I do like alot of these ideas. However I also believe it may cause people to not even participate if theres such a nerf or such to it even if its something that should be done. In regards to this whole thread in general it has been stated many times that cpq is something that they may add in the future but is not one of their concerns at the moment.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah I get that we may never even have CPQ on this server until 2020. Still, I know that the vanilla version of CPQ is too easy and too exploitable. It needs a nerf or it just shouldn't be added at all. If that means that no one does it, so be it. But still I do doubt the pq would be ignored since it would be something fun and different.

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Just an idea and I understand it'd be "custom content" but it could be better to create the CPQ for let's say lvl 120-200 or even 140-200.

Change the mobs that spawn (add summonable bosses to throw at the other party) and make some changes like the ones suggested by Lionheart. There's so much to do already at lvls 1-100 and so little for lvls beyond that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It`s true, if cpq (1 and 2 or just 1) gets introduced for lvl 35-50 then lpq will never ever be done like orbispq now. Lvl 120+ needs to get some sort of PQ, right now it just has HenesysPQ,GuildPQ and HorntailPQ. A PQ for higher lvls makes people see more than just skeles.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    1:09 PM
    NSFW
    if mcpq gets implemented it will be game-breaking, there will need to be nerfs. but if it's nerfed there's no point to do it and it loses its nostalgia.

in my (correct and righteous) opinion it makes the game too easy.