1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add Remote Quest Starter/Finisher Item

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ariami, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    11:31 AM
    Ariami
    I remember at some point in GMS a Cash Item was added that could let you start and finish quests remotely, meaning you didn't have to go to that specific NPC in order to accept the quest or go back to that NPC turn it in once completed.

As someone who enjoys questing, I'd find this very convenient, but it'd be especially useful for those completing Boss-related quests such as the Elixir quest for Horntail. This would make it so that the player does not have to constantly go back and forth from Moira to Leafre, and back again to Moira. Not everyone has mobility privileges, so that walk is much longer to some classes than others.

I don't remember the specific name of the item, and Google searches aren't doing me any favors, so if someone remembers what I'm talking about please help me out in the comments SlimeSweat2

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:31 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Its a nice idea!

Would also give people more things to spend vote on other than APR'S and thats always a plus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    8:31 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I vaguely remember something in the cash shop that looked like a yellow transmitter, but the suggestion seems to feel like a "vote to win" scenario where a mage could remotely complete Blizzard, Genesis, Meteor without having to travel and instantly meso farm after purchasing it about 5~7 times, as an HB mule is easily accessible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    11:31 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    By that logic, VIP teleport rocks are vote to win as they accomplish the exact same thing in this scenario. Hmm, seems like you could just teleport to the quest NPCs...

Only issue (or feature?) I see with this is that you could complete maple Island quests on Vic or vice versa unless restrictions were put in place. Though if a quest ring were added, it would be beneficial for the item to work this way.

Islanders clearly hold too much balancing power.

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    8:31 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    VIP Teleport rock would need someone there unless you saved the map its per 1,800 towards the vanilla 500/750 NX.

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:31 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea I'd rather not have this. Part of the charm of questing is having to go around travelling the more obscure (and often even locked off outside of the quest) maps.

It would make some sense for repeatable quests though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1