1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for HP washing an Archer.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Conjuring, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    7:19 AM
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:19 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    If you're not even tryna survive HT, which you can do at 16x even without washing, I wouldn't even bother washing at all tbh.
    You could go to zak and be productive as soon as you even hit 4th job without washing, and surviving an Anego slap would be insanity washing- she just needs to stay pinned and that's the tradition. Same with BF.
    I don't see much reason to wash at all nowadays unless Toad is on your target list. Even the bosses in Neo Tokyo are avoidable by jumping/ducking.
    There are even earlier examples of this Such as Snack Bar which an unwashed level 50 glass cannon could survive by actively bossing how it was meant

Now, for less chance of dying, (surviving the occasional/accidental 2-hit from tough bosses), a little washing would be needed but I would never recommend more than 50-80 base int + crappy int equips for that purpose

Basically,
    survive most anything but Toad= don't bother with more than cheap int equips or even washing at all
    survive that same stuff + more cushion for an occasional 2-hit= a little base int and int equips
    survive toad= 150 or so base int + decent int equips

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Some people don't want to die in two hits, and some were pre- monsterbook. Some people still believe you should wash.

It all boils down to this though- "must" is entirely subjective here. As I said (kind of) previously, must could mean "for the ability to take two hits" "the ability to tank more than HT" "must in order to make HT easier" "must in order to use cheaper options"
    I'll even go out on a limb here and say that it's entirely wrong for those guides to say that you "must" because a guide doesn't have the ability to ask "why?"

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:19 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Washing is Optional, you do NOT need to Wash to run HT.
    Washing makes it so you can boss COMFORTABLY, please notice i said COMFORTABLY. no one is asking you to HP Wash. Its just the trend here in ML

• If you dont want to add base int, then all you need is INT GEAR and wear it when you level. That way you will get alittle bit of washing WITHOUT adding base INT.
    • Zhelm(17int)/Wand(6int)/Earrings(8int)/Cape(10int)/Shield(6int)/Bathrobe(18-20int)/RaccMask(6int)/Dep Star(5int) = reach over 76 INT TOTAL.
      -
      This is the
    - Casual Washing with this concept
    - You can have 40 base int + 80 INT Gear = 120 TOTAL INT (1 wash a level)
    -If you do NOT want to add Base INT, then just use your int gear to get 60 INT TOTAL, and get 1 wash every 2 lvls :3 (this is not bad at all, for casual washing)
    • Monster Book Tier 10 Ring
      - Provides +10all stats / 1000 hp / 500 mp (this helps with ALOT of washes)
    • Ellin Ring Questline
      - Provides +1 all stat / 100 hp / 100 mp (easy quick quest for 100 more hp)
    Real Facts: you can run HT with 3.5k HP + HB (goes over 5.6k) and be fine. The only way you will die, is if your DK doesnt HB you right away when you get dispelled. You do NOT have to HP Wash

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I Wish you good luck <3 , doing it this way, does not require alot of nx!

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    How do you survive during main body with 5.6k HP when wings/legs/tail are still alive?

Also ConjuringConjuring what fishy said is pretty much spot on. However, even if you don't wanna wash, it doesn't hurt to get some basic int gears early on like zakum helmets, deputy star, monster book ring. They will increase both your damage and slightly increase your base mp each level up.

7. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    You either Learn to jump attack, or you go top left and hit the head instead. the leg slam cant reach the top
    OR you can hang on the rope until leg/tail dies. of course, the more you level the more hp youll gain. just remember BARELY WASHING, youll reach enough HP by lvl 155 to tank leg/tail after HB.

people are forgetting people did it this way 8 years ago, because no one had the money to buy resets for washing. NLs/BMs relied on lvl 64 weapons that gave HP and pumped into HP, and also relied on their dk to HB at the right time

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    But, can't the wings give other parts of horntail (like head A) an attack buff that makes it hit more than 5600 magic damage? Or does it not work like this in maplelegends?

9. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    6:19 AM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    The wings of HT in MapleLegends do not give attack buffs to other parts. So the most damaging attack is by the Tail of HT. At a maximum of 7.6k damage. Which can be avoided by being on the most top platforms. After tail, seduce is the most dangerous. But every serious HT group has ways to mitigate that.

I really like the discussion went for hp washing being optional. Cause it is true. If you don't have any plans to kill Horntail, you don't need to bother with it.

10. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    FeroxAnimaFeroxAnima ?

11. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    7:19 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Hi MidnightMidnight :heart:

Sadly, I'd be lying if I said I've ever tested this and know the answer for sure. I only truly know HT from the PoV of a bishop, and as a bishop the attack buff to the heads wouldn't matter much anyway -- the only time in which the heads are a serious threat is when I expect dispel from left arm/middle head for one of those fatal dispel + head-attack combos, and that would oneshot a mage (who is unwashed) either way.
    That said, 7k+ damage (such as the damage I take from tail's attack or when I tank touch damage from legs) generally feels very noticeable to me in that it *is* rather taxing hp/mp-wise, and I don't believe I ever took damage of that scale from a head's magic attack... which does indeed go in line with Sam_VoshSam_Vosh saying that wings do not buff HT's attacks in ML.

But I stress: I did not actually test that properly.
    Sorry :')

If you wanna talk about seduces, dark wyverns, dispels, attack animations, timers and deep philosophical subjects of the heart and mind, however... you know where to find me dolleyesmush

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1