1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for New Player Interested in Buccaneer Class

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by LameloBall, Oct 15, 2017.

1. LameloBall

LameloBall Red Snail

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    3:14 AM
    LameloBall
    Thief
    Hi,

I'm glad to be back to playing maplestory and experiencing all the nostalgia and good vibes this game has. Since I quit GMS before the pirate class came out, I definitely want to try out the class and am interested in becoming a Buccaneer.

Is there any general advice for how an unfunded, new player should go about this? I've seen a couple guides so far but am wondering if I should be concerned about hp washing (which I'm still trying to learn about), where to put my AP. I want to hit high dmg so I was thinking of going low-dex, but is that possible if I'm unfunded?

Also thought I should mention that I don't know how long I'll be playing for. I would like to hit 4th job but at the moment I'm in it for the high dmg and doing PQs.

2. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    9:14 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    If your not even sure how long your gonna stay and have no plan on going hardcore engame bossing i say skip hp washing and play regular. See if you enjoy the job and the server in general. This will propably give you the highest chance to enjoy the class before 4th job.

Negative side is that if you get real addicted and wanna be a hardass bosser your propably gonna end up remaking your char to hp wash later on.

Its kinda sad though, but if you really wanna be smart in the long run and be as efficient as possible you should make a cleric first for moneymaking business and hs mule/leeching to fund your real main character. I know that is not what you asked for in the thread but i thought i should mention it anyways.

God luck and welcome to maple legends! :)

3. OP
    OP
    LameloBall

LameloBall Red Snail

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    LameloBall
    Thief
    Thanks Awleh,

Just curious how do clerics make money. Would it be a long-term investment to create a cleric just for the purpose of making money?

What's the best way for a newcomer to make money (in both short-term and long-term).

4. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    9:14 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Just play 24/7 and i'm pretty sure you will get lots of mesos.

Clerics don't even need health potion because they can self heal. You are going to save lots of money in early game because of that. For a long-term investment for making money, get a cleric to level 120+ it's necessary. All the mage classes have full screen attack ability that can easily clear mobs in any map, all you need to do is just move around and collecting items.

short-term :
    1.Doing valuable quest while grinding.
    2.Vote daily and save up nx for gach tickets.

long-term:
    1. Level up a clerics to 120.
    2. Sell leech to other people.
    3. Grind farm grind farm
    4. Grind even more
    5. Non stop grinding till you get all your equipments

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Buccaneer class is generally inexpensive.
    Knuckle 60's are really cheap, general knuckles are really cheap.

You can always gach/hunt or try to scroll stuff for resale (risk involved) to gain mesos.
    You may want to look into HP washing a little bit, as they don't have AS strong HP pool as warriors do and also their HP washing is a tad more difficult.

6. OP
    OP
    LameloBall

LameloBall Red Snail

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    LameloBall
    Thief
    Thanks for the responses and help everybody!