1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

All classes review (MapleLegends 2021)

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Lirbo, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:06 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    12 goby 2 bone fish and a goby house.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    15 mobs maximum for all mage ults yes!

3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Ay, I like the overview. There are some comments I would like to make just like most people before.

1) Bishops hit 15 mobs with genesis (same as f/p and i/l with their ultimates)
    2) MM have viable mobbing with Piercing Arrow which is the only skill in the game that can hit > 199k
    3) Boring is highly subjective and you could just stick to a comment about the number of skills an endgame character uses for bossing or grinding. Paladins use multiple skills depending on nr of mobs etcetera, whether you find that boring doesn't mean someone else will by definition agree. An overview like this should be truthful, but also stear clear from terms as boring. (Could say the same about any mage class and nightlords because they just press 1 button)
    4) Corsairs have a harder time washing than thieves and archers because they need 16 bonus MP for 18 bonus HP. Which is a worse situation than the 12 MP for 16 HP for thieves and archers. That also means they need more NX than these other classes. Unless you can show the calculations for thieves/archers and corsairs and come to your conclusion? Keep in mind that you should remain realistic here as well.
    5) Corsairs are the strongest class in the game when no party buffs come into play, however when there are party buffs, they don't reach this ultimate damage potential unless they have both SE and SI. Which means just SE will have NL and potentially MM/BM outclass them. (Nise has calcs for this somewhere)
    6) Buccaneer cons could include having to use your entire keyboard and being highly dependent on the combos and your damage increase from STransform.

Probably more things when I revisit this later. :)

Overlal tho, I like the overview. It helps a lot!

• Like Like x 3
  4. notauser69

notauser69 Slime

Oct 22, 2020
    3:06 PM
    1) These bosses you mention don't really have any gimmicks by any means, all it really need is requires player stamina and (washing) endurance to get through them. There is really no use of having a "Main" bishops to stick around as their only use is Ressurection and Holy Symbol which is pretty much a "HS" mule would do.
    A "Main" bishop would rather farm mesos or level up at a general Shaolin, Ulu, or Skeles map instead which is much faster and better for them instead of than doing of these "said" bosses. They don't really need CWKPQ/Krexel/Toad/BGA to be useful.
    Unlike other classes, the other attackers are force to go these bossing routes because they neither aren't a good farming class nor they just are terrible at mobbing which is why these bosses are their alternative option for their EXP and money.

2) 25 Base DEX isn't NOT a realistic goal but more of an end-game goal. Lowering base dex will improve your total LUK. DEX is a very useless stat for Night Lords, Triple Throw and Lucky Seven damage is based on ONLY LUK. I'm going to assume you know because you are a Night Lord but nonetheless. Their DPM scales exponentially as you gather more Weapon Attack which then becomes 1 LUK ~ 7-8 attack range which becomes very noticeable. Comparing a 40 Base DEX to a 25 Base DEX, thats roughly a 105-120 attack range difference. This what makes a difference between killing a boss within 20 minutes than 30 minutes entirely.
    Its still more manageable with MTKs than anything else yes considering they can hold even more than Steelys. Nonetheless, those Steelyes can be replaced with Potions which is huge benefit due to a tight 48 slot use inventory space.

3a) Yes I agree that all stat equips improve shadowers but as I said, it can be more of a hindrance then a benefit. The fact that they have two secondary stats to worry about to get as low as possible is much more difficult than done. While a End-Game Night Lord could barely get their base DEX to 25 with gear, getting BOTH STR and DEX to 4 and 25 on a shadower is far much more difficult especially when Shadowers are attempting to copy pasting what a end-game Night Lord gear would have (excluding weapon and shield)
    The best makeshift solution is to use event rings which is easy solution but what there aren't any event rings accessible, Shadowers are forced to min-max with Maple Warrior to make up for their awful base STR and base DEX. If nightlords barely could get to 25 Base DEX with gear, Its safe to say that Shadowers will have a even harder time getting to their lowest possible. Considering wearing all your all stats gear, you would still need roughly 15~20 STR left to get 4 Base STR. Squeezing in an additional 15-20 STR alongside 25 Base DEX means that they are going to have to push their gear to their very limits. STR top is the go-to solution but if a shadower wants to copy paste a night lord gear which means LUK top and Facestompers for more damage, then its not going to be fun at all.

(I'm assuming event rings do not exist, if it exists just ignore)
    3b) Scrolling stuff for STR is very limited unlike DEX which is simply the 3: Top, Cape, and Shield.
    * Capes would never be scrolled for STR unless your this person that would scroll STR and then Chaos but in practice thats out of reach for many average shadower.
    * Scrolling Weapon Attack on a Dragon Khanjar/Timeless List does provide natural STR BUT the STR it provides have no value as it cannot be used to lower STR because the shield needs 75 STR without the shield to be able to equip the shield in the first place. The STR obtained from shield is very negligible.
    * Therefore Top is the only go-to for STR top even and it has to be this specific top which is Green Osfa Suit which is nice early game, but end-game its always better to have a LUK top. Regardless, this STR top can help get to 4 Base STR which eliminates the need of worry about that secondary stat.
    -> The issue is that what if the shadower has over 75 Total STR with a STR Top? your extra STR becomes useless which results in doing more harm than good with a LUK top would do
    Because of this in a scenario where there are 2 options: Chaos a Green osfa Suit (STR/LUK) top or scroll both STR and LUK on which is not optimal. The first option is expensive with the current demand is too much, the other is varied depending on your total STR without the top which is just too complicated for a shadower.
    * Elemental Pierce/Spectrum Goggles which on its own does provide a small boost to STR but requires chaos scrollings but even so there is very little in the market that is not noticeable but even so it would be too expensive and would be out of this page. Not to mention, both could end up having 0 STR or 0 DEX when chaosing scrolling which is not good. It's much better to improve both STR/DEX

TL;DR: Lowering base STR/DEX to improve LUK is a small damage boost but nonetheless its better than not improving the attack range at all once the important weapon, shield, glove, and cape is finished.
    Also which is why "Cons: They have two secondary stats to worry about: STR + DEX and its difficult to lower both STR AND DEX to 4/25 respectively. Min-maxing stat gear is essential to achieve 4/25." is a con for end-game shadowers (aka end-game feature)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Beginner
    interesting overview!

some stuff that maybe is helpful: Stability/ Consistency in dmg output (from scale of 1- very bad to 5- very good) which affects grinding gameplay mostly and slightly for bossing.
    I.e. such as grinding, using crusher as a DK is almost certain to predict how many hits till KO, but compared across to NL, NL's would have a +/- (1-3) skills to cast for KO. Which sometimes can cost extra repositioning, pots or death.

feel free to change it up:
    - NL: 1, inconsistent dmg (unstable) as min to max dmg output difference is very significant
    - Shad/Bows: 3, consistent to some extent
    - Pirate/mages: 4, consistent
    - war: 5, very consistent

Also would love if u could implement a scale (1 - 5) in each segment (i.e. dmg/ utility/ washing) of the jobs and possibly add another segment for mobbing capability for ea job.

6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:06 PM
    upload_2021-9-6_18-24-0.png

All you NL's hitting 8m dpm 45 or less in HT better up your game cause you're doing the same dmg as a class that isn't so great on a non-elemental weak boss.

kekw

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Beginner
    prob cuz some NL have 200 int base and does bossing? compared to a 4 int base paladin? but damn it'd be weird

8. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    6:06 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Sorry, I was too harsh by opening with "this is not a good guide" but I think my response still brought up valid points which I don't think you've sufficiently refuted.

1. I don't think it costs 1.5m to wash an archer/thief to 13k. Washing has a lot of variables in it, which can drastically change washing costs. Using a program that I've tested against my own characters, I've solved for the amount of base INT that will yield 13k HP at level 175 with the least amount of NX required, and that solution was 2,179,300 NX at 190 base INT; any other amount of base INT would require more NX than that to hit the 13k goal at 175. If you split that into the cost of resetting HP/MP and the cost of resetting INT, then it would be around 1,603,700 NX (1,348,500 for 435 resets of fresh HP washing and 82 resets for MP washing) and 576,000 NX (for 186 resets to hit 4 base INT). So maybe you've excluded the cost of resetting INT, but my point still stands that without explaining the assumptions behind the numbers you may be misleading or spreading falsehoods.

2. I can see that you've organized the "overviews" by class, but the fact is, people don't make choices like this after reading 1 class. They want to read multiple and compare them, which is difficult to do when reading this guide overview.

3. Personally, I see no difference between calling it a guide or an overview. The Michelin Guide is called a guide, but it just writes overviews on restaurants and doesn't actually give you instructions on how to eat at them. We can argue about semantics all day but the fact is that you posted this thread under the Guides sub-forum. So that makes it a guide.

Anyways, I don't think you've understood or refuted the point I was making in #3, where I said that everything you've written is highly subjective and difficult to interpret objectively--such as understanding the difference in washing a class you call "considerably easy to wash" and a class you call "fairly easy to wash".

4. Again, I don't think my point got across here. It's annoying for the reader to read sentences that are copy-pasted and could easily be avoided. Writing concisely is an important part of writing well.

For example, under bowmaster:
    Then immediately under marksman:
    Instead of doing this, I think you should've just put one sentence under the bowmen section. You can call it "methodical copy-pasting" but the result is that it looks lazy and clunky, and has already lead to a pretty bad mistake in the corsair section.

If I straight up just said "this guide sucks" and ended it there, then yeah I wouldn't appreciate that either if I were you. But I've given you constructive criticism that you haven't really responded to aside from variations of "I'm right and you're wrong".

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:06 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2021-9-6_22-23-18.png
    LF>more NLs to beat Paladins in HT DPMs, they can have as little int as they want. HTB only

10. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:06 PM
    This is just going to turn into a paladin flex thread of why we were never trash at HT but just suffered from the ignorance of the general populace.
    upload_2021-9-7_11-49-48.png
    DPM45 with 40mins of HT buff (pre cancel changes)

But yeah, you know, trash tier damage since NL's with 4 base int would be shooting at the 11-12m mark, right?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Why are Marksmen better at damage reflection than BM? Is it because you can't cancel hurricane?

12. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    6:06 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    The overview was presented well and im enjoying all of the conversation in this thread. For Hero i wanted to say i think you nailed the description! And for ice mage i think its pretty good too. For ice i think you might be leaving out how efficient their 2nd and 3rd jobs are (and maybe mention maxing tbolt in 2nd job and not cold beam..) But thats the only detail id add is that ice has good efficient leveling and play in 2nd and 3rd job. Its a comfortable path to be an ice mage :) and the leveling speed is consistent throughout most of the journey. Thanks for putting in the time OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:06 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Because each hurricane arrow triggers dr damage, and the arrows come out very quickly, you need some rather precise techniques to be able to cancel hurricane in time.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ricane-rapid-fire-with-dr-in-pink-bean.41801/

Even without the hurricane problem, marksmen still have a massive advantage over every other class in that snipe damage is not halved on PB unlike all other non-mage classes. At the highest level even if the BM is fully using hurricane on PB, an equivalent marksman should be able to outdpm the BM.

• Informative Informative x 5
  14. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    My thoughts on corsairs after reading Akash's guide:

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  15. wwwwww

wwwwww Mano

Aug 2, 2021
    7:06 AM
    Anyone can explain for me about IL mage's Bossing? i didnt see that explain ever

16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You hold Chain Lightning and do pretty good damage!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. wwwwww

wwwwww Mano

Aug 2, 2021
    No one likes an Archmage in a boss fight. sad

18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Some of the Neo Tokyo bosses are weak to lightning which allows I/L mages to do good damage here and are easily able to pin bosses such as Nameless Magic Monster or simply do a good amount of damage on a boss like Nibergen which casts a lot of weapon cancels.

The other two bosses also are doable with I/L mages, Dunas only once you are able to hit 50k lines consistently enough to knock it back. then it becomes and easy duo once you are used to the skills she casts and how to play around them.

You are a lot less desired at other bosses but still far from useless, should be able to get in runs from time to time for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This really isn't true, though. There are plenty of hosts who are aware of the potential that bossing I/Ls have in certain situations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. wwwwww

wwwwww Mano

Aug 2, 2021
    Thank you, but it's not comforting. For other dealers, isn't it already enough not to take this into information? I'm seriously thinking about going shadow...
    and I can't even see the boss guide... I feel something is wrong.