1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    10:30 PM
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Absolutely amazing - with this I'm already looking forward to playing again <3

2. bread289

bread289 Mano

Jul 12, 2022
    11:30 PM
  3. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    4:30 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion. First things first, I think this system is completely marvelous and I'm glad it’s being implemented. Hp washing as a whole is a flawed design. It requires you to wait an absurd amount of time to gain hp to be eligible for certain bosses while in reality, as in most games, the only true requirement to a boss should be skill, level and damage. This might be a bit controversial but I'm one to think that “invalidating the efforts of players who washed” is a small price to pay for how beneficial the implementation of this system would be. Maybe once upon a time legends lacked content and washing was the main way to increase the longevity but the truth is, at the current state, the game has a lot of content and still very challenging gear progression that can definitely take an absurdly long amount of time for even the most hardcore of players. I think this system should only be the start. I believe having higher HP should be a convenience, not a requirement to participate in content. With that being said, I think this system plus the defense rework system should allow players to enjoy the whole process without being overwhelmed with a flawed system. HP washing still retains some benefits, higher HP means you save pot money it means you have “higher chance” to survive if you were to make any kind of mistake, amongst others. I can’t really say I've kept up with the recent bossing scene but i still read forums and i see frequent complaints regarding the state of Drks. With that being said, this is why I think the system shouldn't stop there. We all know how zerk works, getting the maximum damage out of it requires you to be below a certain threshold. In some important bosses, getting below that threshold is too risky and not worth it. The defense rework added on top of this would lower the amount of damage taken by darks therefore allowing them to mostly do full damage in all the content instead of being “HB mules”. (As an extra, I believe this defense rework should include a flat armor/mdef to % reduction and perhaps that % conversion should vary class by class to keep everything in check). This also benefits other lower hp attackers. Being able to do other content perhaps without the “need” of hb (Before it is refuted, this is already achieved by washers). As I stated before, having a lot of hp will definitely have benefits compared to not having it, but i completely disagree with it making you ineligible for content participation. Keeping an entire system flawed just for the satisfaction of us players is completely wrong and we should view this objectively and think about the newer players to come who are turned off by this whole system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    1:30 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander

I was wondering...

How long will the old washing system be kept in place?

Will the old washing system be indefinitely kept?

or

Will there be an improved Challenge System that allows for 30k hp / mp across all jobs and beginners?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    4:30 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    After reading some of the comments and looking more at the HP thresholds offered for each class I grew to the conclusion that particularly for warriors and shadowers i believe the HP offered is somewhat underwhelming. These 2 classes are considered the beginner friendly classes historically where you can barely wash and still partake in all content essentially while also working as "tanks". that being said, I believe the main incentive for these classes has always been the ease of getting into them and with the implementation of this system I believe this stops being true. I personally believe (considering the ease of washing and their historic friendly nature as the main incentive) warriors should be able to reach somewhere between 25-30k giving them the luxury of not relying on HB for any of the content. When it comes to shad even with the existence of meso guard I believe giving them less HP than even ranged attackers is an insult, the truth is that DP is a major mechanic in a lot of the bosses and again this is historically friendly class for newcomers where the main incentive is to be able to partake with little to no washing. That being said I think shadowers should be able to get at the very least the same as ranged attackers or more perhaps 13k~ since that allows them to survive some added DP scenarios (This is a melee class, it definitely needs more functional HP than ranged) while allowing them to participate in PB without HB. I believe this to be the correct approach since the warriors and shadowers still keep their incentive of having an edge over other classes as a starter (Being the only classes that don't require HB to participate in the endgame content). I believe doing otherwise will just mean there's virtually no real benefit to picking shadowers or warriors since all the classes would still need HB

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:30 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    anyway, some people come just to share hate, let the system be implemented, then will be a real test and true Feedbacks/rework if needed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. neecole10

neecole10 Red Snail

Apr 6, 2018
    4:30 AM
    Clexa
    Bishop
    Etheria
    This is an amazing implementation and much needed for old and new players! Kudos to the maplelegends team!! You guys never cease to amaze me with your talent and efforts into this game! This has definitely revived my interest in mapling again, this time more casually with my current chars.

My DK already has 27k hp from washing so I'm quite happy with that, the nx and time spent leeching all my chars is a sunk cost that I accepted and I will continue washing until 30k hp, maybe.

My BM however is poorly washed and only has 7.4k hp, because my hp was so low I didn't feel comfortable bossing beyond CWKPQ, ZAK, Scar etc. So am really excited for this! I see some saying 12k hp isn't high enough for some end game bosses and I do agree we should be able to tank 1 hit without relying on HB.

It would also be nice to hp wash with nx and complete challenges at the same time but I understand if that's not possible.

I'm also stoked to finally boss with my friends who didn't hp wash (either didn't know or don't have the time to). And now it's gonna be fun to do quests together to complete challenges together as well!

An extra bit I just thought it'd be fun to add. Feel free to ignore.
    My suggestions for challenges:
    1. No mini map bosses (pretty please), the ones with card drops, those are already camped to heck for cards and equip.

2. Don't level lock pt members' levels in a party. Personally, I (lvl140-150) would very much enjoy helping my lvl100+ friends complete challenges. But I don't know if this would maybe make the challenge too easy?

3. Extra options for challenges, for example: either kill X number of mobs with a party OR HT 10 times OR collect x number of untradeable etc each. Alternatively, have a list of challenges per level threshold and complete 2/3 or 4/5 (or even 9/10) options to complete. This way, players who don't feel comfortable bossing or whatever have options.

4. As for mob killing and collecting etc challenges, the number should be proportionate to the number of pt members. So, a higher amount the more pt members.

5. Like CWKPQ, must have specific classes in parties to complete challenges. Also, have specific classes help each other out complete challenges. (Like the El Nath PQ for stance and dragon's breath).

6. Challenges that involves travelling around the whole maple world, either killing specific mini bosses (like pap, rav, scar), killling x mobs or collect x etcs along the way.

7. Every party member must craft specific items to hand in (From a number of items to choose from (or a specific list, it has to be challenging after all) and you'd have to craft more if you have fewer party members).

8. Lastly, just throwing this out there, pt members must collectively collect an x amount of mesos from specific mobs or maps. (Like 50m mesos from just snails.... LOL I'm KIDDING... sort of... would be hilarious though) Whether to hand in the mesos in or not, I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    For the Challenge, is nice if have bossrun and etc drop of low and high level mobs, so it move market with services and etc drops to low lv and high level farm

9. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    6:30 AM
    I feel the nine thresholds could be split into three tiers: {100,110,120}, {130,140,150}, {160,170,180}.

The first tier could make use of what you have suggested with Option 2, namely to allow players to "Keep their HP/MP pool unlocked". That also opens it to players who still have points in INT, and this gives them time to take it out before they start tier 2. Option 1 can applied to tier 2 onwards.

Besides, as each set is said to progressively become "more difficult to clear", I see no reason to apply the restriction of Option 1 to Tier 1. The small HP boost isn't enough to move players closer to getting "30K HP characters" anyway — even for those who have washed prior to participating.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Nerfing buccs because they're good on challenges system? doesn't seems fair, definitely bucc need some changes but not because they can reach 19k on challenges, honestly i found it pretty low for a melee attacker, he's going to have ways lower surviveability than a challenge shadower.
    Also using all hp equips is just a meme, no one do that.
    I never did PB before, but bringing a 19k hp buccanner seems just too risk, but bring a 13k ranged/shadower? looks better for me
    Even a RANGED with 70%+ avoidrate can get 30K HP, why in the world a melee class need a nerf because he can reach 19k with challenges?

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Before this thread:
    People: We should be able to tank every boss with HB!

After this thread:
    People: We should be able to tank every boss without HB!

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    After After this thread:
    People: We should make Hyper Body useful

13. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    4:30 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    We should make HB *more* useful (undispellable and reaches the whole map).

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:30 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    This sounds good and maybe it will help fill the void that is the lack of quests at higher levels.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Joking aside, if HB was the only thing that could break HP cap I think it'd be pretty damn useful lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    48k hp nl? :monkas:

17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I mean it's gonna take you like 5 years to get one, but for every Warrior it's certainly a nice easy 9 month goal.

18. WickiidWiz

WickiidWiz Mano

Oct 20, 2022
    Male
    California
    WickiidWiz
    Cleric
    Sodomites
    This should be really interesting!

19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    50k hp
    achilles
    guaridan

• Like Like x 1
  20. Beaver

Beaver Mano

Jun 26, 2022
    Planet Earth
    BeaverFever
    Hero
    Eternals
    I love the idea of this new system. I say lets go for it. The one option I think needs to be given is a one-time instant removal of all AP from hp and mp that disables washing and allows players to instantly opt in to the new system without having to save up vote cash to remove their AP from hp and mp.

• Agree Agree x 3