1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted An option to exchange shiny pearls for ice cubes in smaller amounts

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kyshies, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    6:33 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi,

The current summer event, from what I've seen, allows us to exchange 500 pearls for 300 ice cubes. That's a lotta pearls, for a lotta cubes, but I'm not sure if I can get 500 pearls over the course of the entire event. I'm not really too interested in the random boxes or the cosmetics from shiny pearls, and would like it very much if I could exchange whatever pearls I get for cubes to buy AP resets to HP wash my character.

Thus, my suggestion is to include additional options to exchange X amount of shiny pearls for X amount of ice cubes, at lower amounts. Given that the current ratio available to us is at 500:300 pearls to cubes, something like 50:30 would be swell.

Or, if people are concerned about the effects this might have on the economy due to how cubes can be used for the raffle, a less economical version can also be implemented... say 50 pearls for 20 cubes. That way, people who have the time and means to farm up 500 shiny pearls can still get the maximum benefit when they trade in their pearls for ice cubes.

Alternatively, it would also be nice if we could just use shiny pearls to buy AP resets outright, at whatever ratio the developers deem to be appropriate.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    9:33 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think the reason they are hesitant to do this is to prevent people from muling and exchanging to get fast resets/raffles like you mentioned, but yeah I agree 500 is way too high, especially so when dailies are only giving 10 pearls.

3. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    6:33 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I suppose... but given the lengths they've gone to make the event mule-unfriendly (30 level limit on the boss pq, no multi-clienting on the maple tree), I don't it'll be that much of an issue for abusing the raffle. And I don't think giving out more AP resets to more accounts is a bad thing, unless they're tradeable (I'm not sure).

4. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    7:33 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I'd top up that only high lv.s (I'd say 14x+) can actually complete a Boss PQ which means higher lv.s get MORE pearls/cubes per day than lower lv.s for about the SAME effort.

5. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    5:33 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    This is also a concern for me specially if this crashing problem doesn't get fixed soon. I'm not able to do much ingame to get enough pearls and/or cubes.

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    9:33 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    After much discussion within staff, there has now been an option to redeem 100 Magical Ice Cubes for 250 Shiny Pearls.

Please check our maintenance notes for more details~