1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior An Updated Guide to Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Alyosha, Oct 9, 2018.

Where is thread name change button?

1. it gone

18.1%
  2. we will forever have Akash's incorrectly spelled title

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:04 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I know a guy who did that and I think he liked it actually. :^)

I'd probably still get 5 Fury before Roar though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    8:04 AM
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    I'm a 125 Drk, where should I be training until I max zerk?

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Same old places for the most part. With good damage you can go to 7f in Shaolin, but if it's your first character then it might be rather difficult to hit enough to be effective. It's mostly mages that get a change of location after 120, everyone else continues the woes of the 110s into their 120s.

Bossing doesn't really pick up until there's Stance, it's a requirement for killing Papulatus quickly. Ravana needs 10k lines to cheese without Stance, but it might be good exp without it. Bigfoot is limited by wraiths making him annoying anywhere except Forgotten Path. Gallos and Himes remain the best options for a while, at least until damage picks up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Is Dragon Fury Spear a useful skill in a hybrid build? I've found myself using a Purple Surfboard (which is one of the best investments I've made after a Zak helm) for grinding and general mobbing, while tending to Skiis for any sort of bossing. The damage with fury is terrible and the only thing I've used it for is whacking mobs to line them up for crusher. Even then, I prefer the range and speed of the surfboard when I'm actually training in map.

Does it make sense to allocate the points for spear fury into sacrifice instead? I did a Scar run recently, and the weapon cancels are incredibly frustrating. It sounds like sacrifice would do *some* damage instead of 1. If it ignores weapon cancels (def up?), it seems like it could be more functional than fury.

5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Sacrifice doesn't deal damage through cancels, at least I'm 95% sure of that.

Even if it did it's a pretty sure-fire way to kill yourself, a zerk Sacrifice with SE could potentially leave you with almost nothing left. Because the damage ignores the iframes/pet pot it's very easy to take Sacrifice damage and immediately get 1-banged by something. :^) It's not something that can be spammed as it is quite dangerous.

I do only use Spear Fury mostly for laziness though in just killing whatever weak mob is in front of me, and for rare instances when I need to quickly reduce 30-60 HP. It could probably be left low, and I'd rather grab Power Crash instead of more Sacrifice for CWKPQ/bishop down in HT.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:04 PM
    With the amount of mana drain in HT, why are we using sorc elixirs instead of mana elixir pills (if you care about the stacking to 150). Do you actually use the full 1,500mp before it gets drained? if not, surely the more cost effective option is mana elixir pills?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:49 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Grilled cheese is the way to go if you have slots. 500 mesos for 500mp

8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Dragon Fury Spear definitely helps a lot when zerking at toad b2. That -30 hp is the best way to inch towards zerking hp. Sacrifice takes away too much let alone roar.

9. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:04 PM
    The only reason I didn't suggest this is cause it also heals 500hp and I've heard it sometimes interferes with zerking. I'm no DK expert so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    You are correct! But that doesn't happen often at all for it to be a problem. I prefer it because it heals me 500 hp as well. And that 500hp is enough to sometimes push me out of the danger zone. Especially at wings.

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I found mana pills to be way better than grilled cheese for HT. A lot of times I’ll get arm drained multiple times in a row and slowly heal hp over zerk threshold from grilled cheese. I think some combination of mana pills and sorcerer are the best but with ginseng and sushi also healing mp I just stick to all mana pills now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. runebunny

runebunny Mano

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    Dark Knight
    how many mana pills do people usually bring for HT? I remember using 1000 mana elixirs for just one run ...

13. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    7:04 AM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
  14. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    One of the few things that I want to add from my experience is that power crusher>sacrifice/dragon blood. Dragon blood can easily be replaced by coke pill and sacrifice lowers the health too much and is not reliable to maintain the health at a stable level (better to just roar to keep the health below 55%). Power crusher has many uses especially with the introduction of CWKPQ to debuff warrior tosave you a lot of sushi and $. In my experience, the 4th job skill order is more specific, such as 1 rush/1 berzerk/ 1 beholder->30 berzerk, 10 beholder-> 30 achilles/30 stance and ignore MW20 because other members will have it (mages). Regarding maintaining zerk at 30k HP the autopot setting should be at 45% which is about 9k health because anything below during boss fights you will most likely to die (zak body, buffed warrior attack, etc.). At the end of the day shitty DPS from alive DK provides more benefit than a dead one. Also if you're using sushi, 9k~10k would put you around below 16500 which means you can maintain berserk most of the times.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    45% of 30 is 13.5k, not 9k.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kyousku

Kyousku Blue Snail

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    8:04 PM
    Kyousku
    Beginner
    Hi all pros, can someone advised me on the AP distribution guide.
    Saw some post recommended for DEX only 50. So how about the rest of the AP. Should i pump it to HP, STR, LUK or INT.
    Some guide for LUK version, some guide to pump into INT.

Ultimately when we max out our level to 200 as dark knight. How does the AP looks like?

17. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    8:04 PM
    21blvck
    Lvl 200, 0 attack don’t play dk kids

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    At what point should you reset your base dex?

20. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    As soon as you can hit everything you want to hit without it. CWKPQ Thief boss is like 206 accuracy or so, HT is only like 165? Beholder accuracy helps a ton.