1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior An Updated Guide to Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Alyosha, Oct 9, 2018.

Where is thread name change button?

1. it gone

18.1%
  2. we will forever have Akash's incorrectly spelled title

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darkcookie

darkcookie Mano

May 25, 2021
    6:50 AM
    Dark Knight
    As a disclaimer, I seldom ever measure eph, so I don't actually know how Typhons fare. Their exp:hp ratio is great, being just marginally lower than Galloperas, and better than Himes. However, other than what may be an annoying commute for some, the main issue with Typhons is that they don't auto-aggro in ML, so you're unlikely to achieve comparable spawn density vs the more meta options. The other benefit of Typhons was lower potion usage because of their low damage (or ideally, only ever taking damage from the environment hazard). However, this is negated by the increased need for roar due to the lack of auto-aggro. Furthermore, between the ubiquity of HP washing, and personally, never really struggling to find a priest to partner with, I never experienced issues affording potions in third job. All that is to say, Typhons can be a fun change of pace, but I don't think they're competitive in terms of raw efficiency for either meso or experience rate, especially since I didn't even touch on the absurdity that is CDs.

On a separate note, as a low level dark knight just dipping my toe in bossing, I can vouch for Power Crash being a godsend. Outside of lag/disconnecting, the #1 killer at CWK is sudden Red Nirg attack buff that people don't expect or react quickly enough to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FudiCudi

FudiCudi Red Snail

Mar 11, 2022
    Male
    Foote
    I'm about to be lvl60 on my spearman (my only character) and all I want to do is boss at 150+.... should I really reroll?

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Worth rolling into if you think the class will be balanced by the time you hit 150.

They also make great HB mules for PB if they are brought to 150, but still get outclassed by luk DK

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You can probably still get into some bossing, but as you approach end game your utility is diminished. Players will need less HB and your ability to shine with cleaving is reduced to very few instances of bossing. As a first character DKs are a very good path if you're comfortable with the idea of later using it as a mule for a possible ranged attacker or single target attacker that you might want to create.

If knowing this, you will wanna pursue this path then go ahead.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FudiCudi

FudiCudi Red Snail

Mar 11, 2022
    Male
    Foote
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll just pretend I never read this thread. Regret is a future me problem.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    if you are curious on the class and like the kit of the class. especially 3rd job mobbing for farming/bossing. I would say continue it.
    Dragon Roar makes farming cards/quest items/event items great. Its a great mobbing skill for 3rd job as well and helps you lvl quick. (go to CDs and roar train w/ a priest and get free heals)
    Alot of groups struggle finding Cleave for their CWK runs still, so it's nice to have that option as its good EXP early levels 140+ and good mesos from bonus stage 30% scrolls.

You can always choose to play multiple characters as well, if you want to switch it up, try out other classes, or dont want to get burnt out of 1 specific class.
    I main a DK now/still and it was my first character and I enjoy the playstyle still.
    Horntail is still an endgame boss that DKs play a nice part in. Not everyone runs the whole "all range meta", especially up and coming bossing groups.

what they say is true about "everyone gunna be washed in the future", but tbh if you want to give the class a try then who cares.
    Not everyone on the server will be as washed as 20k+ HP.
    At the end of the day, you should play a class that you enjoy, because TBH. They will also be people on the server who isnt washed enough or didnt wash enough to "not need HB"

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Roar is fun to use. Probably not as cost effective as MP potions and a map-wide 4th job skill, but it hits just as many monsters and is available pretty early in 3rd job. CD's, for instance, are a 2-shot around level 90 with halfway decent gear. And even running solo, you still net positive even ODing on Honsters, I think I gained about 3-5m, even accounting for pot costs. Which for a low level grind is not bad, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Part of me wonders why they(original developers) made the decision to make Dragon Blood worthless.

Like I get the idea was to focus on a single weapon type(and though a lot of us start as both, we all seem to move towards Spears late game, which is likely the reason Aran was invented in the first place). But the skill is overwritten by any and all attack buff sources. Why not make it stack? Or why not just make it a better buff? Coke Zero pills are stupid cheap, I can't imagine why they decided to make the skill feel like such an SP trap.

9. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    10:50 PM
    Bishop
    I think all these skills were not made 'future-proof'. 12 WAtk seemed to be the 'magic number' they decided on before, as seen with Rage, which also had the 'drawback' of reducing your defence but is a party skill, and later, NLC Warrior Potion which raised +12 WAtk. I'm guessing they wanted it to be thematic with HP reduction for the Dragon Knight, although yes in hindsight it's stupid. Coke Pills and the likes were not invented beforehand and like any other artefacts of the past were not updated to go with the standards of the later updates. I guess stacking is also a limitation of the old clients.

10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Aye but I imagine the coding for it would have been easy enough to change. Maybe not the stacking(though doesn't Rage count as its own buff and stacks with other attack buffs?), but surely changing a number to better reflect the amount you're investing in would make the class feel more worth it, even adjusting for damage creep. 12 just seems so low for a 3rd job skill. But I guess by that logic 15 enemies for a 4th job map-wide skill probably doesn't make all that much sense in comparison to Dragon Roar.

Ah, the hopes and dreams of yesteryears past, what once was and could have been, blah blah blah

11. Drayen

Drayen Mushmom

Mar 13, 2020
    Male
    coom dungeon
    1:50 PM
    Priest
    I would put points in dragon blood if instead of giving you an excuse for attack boost, it could transform you into a Wyvern.
    The level of the skill would change the color and the duration of the transformation.
    No attacks, nor skills, nor buffs from the transformation. Only the meme would suffice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chano

chano Mano

Sep 23, 2022
    9:50 AM
    This is so true, every time I want to check out ML again, it always seems different and that isn't exactly the best for me because I enjoy the nostalgic aspect of it.

The washing used to draw me away from this server and I usually just played whatever third job server there was available. Even with the potential washing changes, it seems optimal to wash so it's still not too attractive or nostalgic to me.

13. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:50 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    It's impossible to be 100% nostalgic. Things were unbalanced af. Even 3rd job servers aren't exactly the same as before.
    MapleLegends is a thousand times better than old school Brazil MS, it's even unfair to compare. And I'm also considering the server stability.
    BMS was an official server and had tons of hack, pay to win, unbalanced jobs, and it closed really fast.

14. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    The most underrated aspect of DK is that you're a high demand "attacker" with no funding requirements, no need to leech, minimal washing. It's the perfect class if you just want to level quickly and boss.

I think the demand for HB will go up with the new HP washing Challenges. The quantity of 30k HP NL's was already greatly overstated, and now there will potentially be new waves of squishy DPS characters with need for DKs. The recent event's Boss PQ made it very apparent that if you're not a late-stage ML player, DK is a powerful class that deals significant dmg compared to INT-lords and, and infinitely more dmg than people who would otherwise be dead without HB. Getting into content shouldn't be an issue for the foreseeable future

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    It's insane how stable the server is. That's a huge plus to me, I swear OG servers are/were nowhere near as stable as this server, but we're also talking about a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase back then. Even so, when we were getting record numbers due to COVID, it was fairly stable, and still is to this day, compared to the official servers. Hell half the private servers I've tried are shoddy at best. Not to stroke the ego of the servers here, but it's honestly impressive how responsive they are to any problems.

16. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    2:50 PM
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
  17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    wtf staff changed my misspelled title

I want it back

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:50 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    Wait so I can max hex and use an attack pot now?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:35 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Yes, smart buff system has been in place for quite some time now.

20. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:50 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    So when the att buff from hex happens, and let's say I got a heartstopper active, it doesn't go over the heartstopper? Or it adds up on it?