1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior An Updated Guide to Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Alyosha, Oct 9, 2018.

Where is thread name change button?

1. it gone

18.1%
  2. we will forever have Akash's incorrectly spelled title

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kyousku

Kyousku Blue Snail

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    7:25 PM
    Kyousku
    Beginner
    HP washing looks very complicated. Probably just go for low dex dk. haha

2. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    7:25 AM
    Question. Hex beholder (lvl 21+) still outperforms attack potions?

3. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I am confused if end game is Spears won't putting points in PoleArm mastery in 2nd job hurt my accuracy down the line with spears?

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:25 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You have 121 SP to use in 2nd job. You should be mastering the following (in no particular order):
    Spear Mastery 20
    Pole Arm Mastery 20
    Spear Booster 20
    Pole Arm Booster 20
    Iron Will 3
    Hyper Body 30

This leaves you 8 extra SP to use on anything in 1st or 2nd job. They recently buffed Iron Will and Iron Body, so that may be something you'd be inclined to skill up. I would suggest using 2nd job SP for Iron Will as you can eventually reset SP out of Power Strike and Slashblast to increase Iron Body once you have Crusher or Fury. I believe there is currently no way of resetting SP that you used from a higher job into a lower job with SP resets (unless a GM helps you out with this).

5. Gaia

Gaia Slime

May 6, 2020
    Male
    Gaia
    Hex from level 20-25 only adds enough attack as a Coke Pill would and does NOT stack. Therefore it is not worth to level Hex past level 20.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:10 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    It is worth to level hex above 20. 25 accuracy 50 avoid and 100 defense each. You free up a slot on coke pills too.

7. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    thanks for clearing that up!

8. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Also one other question is any other good training spots or should i check the other guide for that? Thanks

9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:10 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    You will be maxing spear mastery. Be it with 2nd job skill points because you won't be putting a single point in final attack or 3rd job skill points where dragon blood is utterly useless.

10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Yeah I spoke too soon and just assumed I would be running out of points (since i never made a DK before) thanks for clearing it up after seeing that you got enough points I think Hybrid is always the way. More options too.

11. Cuffs

Cuffs Blue Snail

Dec 15, 2020
    Male
    New Zealand
    11:25 PM
    Cuffs
    Bandit
    Kiwi
    Great guide thank you so much for this! :)

12. ItsDeanxD

ItsDeanxD Snail

May 23, 2020
    Male
    6:25 AM
    ItsDeanxD
    Assassin
    HOOD
    Would it be a bad idea to max Dragon Roar first before Dragon Fury if i'm leeching from 70? I'm thinking the sooner I max Dragon Roar, the sooner I can go train at CD's with a priest and not have to buy leech all the way to 120? Thoughts?

13. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Yeah, I heard doing that worked out well for someone so it's pretty good.

14. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    1:25 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    I really like your guide, it is informative and also funny!

I am currently struggling with equips though.
    My spearman is level 58 and I recently got a chaos scroll from the raffle :D
    I now have 163m to spend but I don't know what to spend it on.

I added a picture of my current equips and stats, could you give me some tips on what are good upgrades to get to maximize damage increase?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    ooo looking pretty nice so far. I'd buy a cape switch for places where you don't need the accuracy. If you look around you could probably get a 3-4 attack one with str(or dex if you just want to replace the old cape entirely) and no slots rather cheaply. Clean capes are for chaos scroll fanatics.

12 attack gloves are always a good upgrade as they last a good chunk of playtime. They're good until you can save up some big money for some 14's much later on and aren't hard to resell when you do.

For the most part attack is the main focus when going for damage. Strength tends to not do as well for every meso spent.

Other than that I think I'd keep saving for some level 100 equips. Top and bottom are some decent stats, so you should be able to snag 17 str top and 14 dex bottom without much of a dent in the wallet. You could also grab a Scar helm, then you can just toss some helmet for accuracy 70's on the Zakum helm. There are no helm acc 60's so they're risky if it's your only hat, and I don't think it's a good idea to helm dex 60 it as those are fairly expensive, especially on a minimum dex hat.

That blood snowboard should last until level 90 or so as well. Overall level 55-70 are some of the tougher levels to train, but after 70 it's a huge power spike until ~110 or so. It looks like you'll have enough accuracy to reliably hit the Latest Hits Compilations in Taipei, but you would probably miss some of the time with the Greatest Oldies until level ~75 or so. You're probably set for third job already, it's just that second job tends to taper off around this point.

• Like Like x 3
  16. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    1:25 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    Thank you for your help last time! I have another equipment question.

I am lvl 80 now, I am still using 97 att blood snowboard. I also have a 109 att omega spear someone gave me. I am not sure if this is worth using over the snowboard because of the slower attack speed. Which one is better?

Or should I just forget about both and get a maple snowboard? Or wait for 85 and get a sky ski?? I maxed dragon roar first so I dont think pole-arm vs spear matters much right?

I'm pretty lost. there are a lot of options and I dont know what to use. It would be great if you could help me again! :)

17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Speed almost always wins out, unless you're really close to a 2ko/3ko threshold where 12 attack will be the difference between killing in 2 hits most of the time or killing in 2 hits just some of the time. As you level up there'll be a point where the spear is more effective with roar, then later on it should cycle back to the faster pole-arm being slightly better.

Roar does neither swing or stab, so its damage calculation is slightly different than other skills. Spears are stab x5 and swing x3 for primary stat, and Pole-arms are the opposite. Roar on the other hand just goes with primary stat x4, with no better or worse weapon.

I think I'd rather be grabbing a Maple Snowboard over the Sky Skis though, as I didn't really touch spears until 110 or so. Pole-arm Fury just has too nice of a horizontal range, at least compared to Crusher's rather short range. It's sort of difficult to use Spear Crusher without Rush and Stance, but it still has a niche with high hp, slow and spread out mobs like in the Temple of Time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon Red Snail

Mar 3, 2021
    8:25 PM
    Beginner
  19. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    6:25 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    The main change to Bigfoot now are that the lack of i-frames means you can pin him with a Normal weapon with Booster. If your Skis out-DPS your Slow Spear (whether that's a Fairfrozen, Pinaka, Faltizan, Pooh Pooh, Stormshear, or something other), they'll do the trick at BF now. The issue is, as you said, finding one: even the ones in the two Elderwraith maps are always dry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon Red Snail

Mar 3, 2021
    8:25 PM
    Beginner
    ty for letting me know!