1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior An Updated Guide to Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Alyosha, Oct 9, 2018.

Where is thread name change button?

1. it gone

18.1%
  2. we will forever have Akash's incorrectly spelled title

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    1:46 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    I will say though that the increased damage on the jump attack is really annoying, and he's not always going to react to knockback damage. Before, Bigfoot used almost no potions if you just pinned him with a Slow weapon and no Booster, but now you can pretty easily chew through a stack of Ginsengs/Sushi pretty quickly.

You finish much faster though. Hard to compare with like 25-30 levels difference in between times I did Bigfoot between changes, but it went from 25-30 minutes before to under 15 minutes now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:46 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Server changes too quick, probably need another update to this guide SlimeSweat

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Will the new title be Updated Updated guide to dark knights?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon Red Snail

Mar 3, 2021
    3:46 AM
    Beginner
    Still, it's been very helpful for new people like me! Though I agree some parts could get some updates.
    For example, priests did not want to roar/heal on Galloperas, since their Shining Ray started to outdamage most DK skills due to the elemental weakness.

5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    All the priests I knew were lazy. Life is better holding one button afk for netflix exp machine

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    7:46 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    For grinding at 7F, should I get dex/accuracy equips for the fastest exp?

I got 169 accuracy without any specific accuracy gear. I still miss golden monks a lot, but I dont know if its worth it to sacrifice damage for more accuracy.

7. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Depends on your level (there is an Accuracy penalty for being below a mob's level), but you need 276 Accuracy to hit Gold Giants 100% of the time from 130+, which is quite a lot to make up for any Warrior realistically. Even 220 Accuracy is roughly a 60% hitrate, but that's definitely a passable rate for training there (I'm usually roughly around 205 Accuracy or so when I decide on the rare occasion to visit 7F, and that's a shade under 50% hitrate).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. XKapach

XKapach Timer

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    8:46 PM
    Kapach
    Assassin
    Muggles
    Hey I'm currently working on a DK, would really appreciate if you updated this guide so I can learn the class better. I already know all the basics, just need a little information about skill builds, pots to use and such... thanks!

9. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    There are builds in the spoilers, just not level by level.

This is how I leveled mine.

1st: 5 HP Recovery
    10 HP Increase
    1 Power Strike
    20 Slash Blast
    20 Power Strike
    6 Filler

2nd: 19 Mastery 1
    6 Booster 1
    3 Iron Will
    30 HB
    20 Booster 1
    20 Mastery 1
    20 Mastery 2
    20 Booster 2
    8 Filler

I did PA first over Spear in 2nd, so Mastery/Booster 1 are PA, and Mastery/Booster 2 are Spear (can be flipped). Booster gives 2 degrees of attack speed regardless of level, but 6 lasts a minute which is serviceable early.

3rd: 30 PA Fury
    3 Sacrifice
    30 Roar
    30 Spear Crusher (save points from 15 to avoid the 16-20 range)
    20 Element Resistance
    30 Spear Fury
    3 Dragon Blood
    5 Power Crash

You can go for less Fury early depending on how soon you want to go to CDs, but low level Roar has pitiful range, so it’s worth getting some amount of Fury to make training not awful. I maxed PA Fury first, but I also was in early 3rd job before Roaring at CDs was the meta (and Fury was so good at MPQ). I only use Sacrifice as a tool to enter Zerk now when Roar is too costly but I still need to shave off chunks of HP, so I didn’t bother raising it past 3. Your core third job skills are Spear Crusher, Element Resistance, and Roar: you basically end up picking two of Spear/PA Fury and Power Crash to max in 3rd. I chose PA Fury as a hybrid for easy grinding and cardhunting (Fury is better than Crusher or Roar for a majority of damage ranges in cardhunting, and Fury at Himes/7F is so nice). Spear Fury and Power Crash both primarily see use in CWK: Spear Fury for mob controlling the Warrior’s summons (with Roar) and Power Crash to debuff the Warrior’s Power Up buff, which makes the three cleave bosses (Archer, Warrior, Thief) do 5.5-7k damage (the low number with max Achilles).

4th: 1 Rush
    30 Zerk
    10 Beholder
    30 Stance
    30 Achilles
    5 Will (Get at least 1 for HT/Verga)
    20 Power Crash (I CWK the most, so it’s useful)
    20 MW
    25 Hex (save points, especially if you need the Accuracy from Hex: Beholder doesn’t cycle through buffs and instead gives one at random, so it’s not super great until 20+)
    30 Magnet
    30 Rush

I’m not big on Aura. The healing seems minimal, and I primarily boss so the effect is negligible. I think Achilles is on the same level of importance as Stance for DrKs tbh: by early 14x when Stance is maxed, you should have 30k HP with HB already. Since we no longer gain HP while leveling anymore, the only survivability gains we can make come through defense or damage reduction, and Achilles definitely makes content like CWK and Zak much less stressful for potions. Can argue that MW’s damage increase is as important, but you can’t deal damage if you’re dead, so...

MW just depends when you can afford it and who in your general bossing/training circle has or doesn’t have it. Getting it for yourself is a nice QoL buff though. Can be after Stance at the earliest, or after Hex at the latest for me.

For potions, I always use Ginsengs when training (nothing hits hard enough to warrant going to anything else). Bossing, a mix of Sushi and Ginsengs for maintaining Zerk. You can auto-pot Sushi at a lot of bosses, and it can be pretty braindead to Zerk, but it costs a lot of meso. The ideal way is to have autopot for Ginsengs (3 ticks for 15%) and combine manual potting Sushi for optimal savings. I use Sorcs generally for MP, but in HT I use Mana Elixir Pills since 150 per slot and the boss spams 3k MP drain (so it makes no sense to heal 1500 per slot).

Hope this helps. None of this is concrete: definitely find things to prioritize for you.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. XKapach

XKapach Timer

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    8:46 PM
    Kapach
    Assassin
    Muggles
    Thank you for the huge help! I forgot to mention I am currently leeching myself to 135. So everything before 4th job skills is basically negligible. Potions is a huge help. Also, where can I get sushi and which type? There are a few types of shushi apparently. Also for bossing, what order of spending sps do you recommend? thank you

11. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    I mean, the pre-4th job points build your base, specifically whether you choose Pure Spear or Hybrid. At the end of 3rd job (if you're hybrid), you still have to weigh CWK vs. grinding when it comes to the third job skills of Spear Fury, PA Fury, and Power Crash.

1 Rush, 30 Zerk, 10 Beholder, 30 Stance is non-negotiable order regardless of whatever you do. Zerk raises your damage ceiling, Beholder firms up your damage floor, Stance maximizes damage dealt by reducing the amount of times you reposition in fights (though 90% is a goddamn joke sometimes).

You can buy Sushi from Ishirasu in Ninja Castle (the first room with the Genins, there is a scroll with Toad on it, it's a portal to the potion NPC. You can also buy Ciders here). The only Sushi type you can buy is the Plum, which heals 20% HP and MP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raikam

Raikam Mano

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    Raikam
    Dark Knight
    MUSHGANG
    I guess this is personal preference in the end, but I HIGHLY recommend maxing Power Crash instead of dumping the points into Sacrifice and the lesser used of the 2 Dragon Fury. I've ran CWK 230 times since I started bossing and I think Power Crash is the most underrated skill for DKs. If you're the kind of player who bosses a lot, then you're going to be CWKing a lot too and CWK is where you'll use Power Crash by far the most in your DK career.

Why do I think it's so useful?

Because you're going to be zerking the entire time, your HP will drop to dangerous levels very fast when the warrior attack buff comes out. It basically doubles the damage you take from the bosses until their buff expires. Let's say you're relying on ginseng autopot set to 4500 HP trigger and you don't have a single point in Achilles yet. For warriors, you'll likely take anywhere from 2500 damage to 3000 damage per hit while cleaving before the attack buff. But suddenly, warrior boss uses the attack buff and the damage you're taking doubles. Let's say you were at 10k HP right before getting hit and then the attack buff came out. BONK you're down to 5k HP already and you're about to die if you don't pot in time. Let's say you had autopot set higher to say 6000 HP and you get hit. OH NO AUTOPOT DIDN'T WORK. BONK you saw your HP too late and you're dead.

Okay let's say you saw the attack buff and survived the surprise! YAY now you have to focus even more on not dying because the damage you're taking is a lot more now. But you're pro and you can handle easy stuff like this. TOO BAD YOUR FRIEND WASN'T EXPECTING IT. BONK now they're dead.

Maybe you're a sushi all the way user and you set your autopot to 10,500 HP. Nothing wrong with that if you're willing to spend the money. But now you're spending double the amount of pots while warrior attack buff is out because all the damage is doubled and nobody can or wants to go over to dispel the buff. Now you're spending about 1.67x more money in pots. Is it worth it?

Oh but bishops can dispel it for us. We'll just tell them to! You're right they can, but what if they're a mule that someone is using to dispel mage? Then they have to travel all the way over and dispel it for you then go back and help range again. OOPS they forgot to use Holy Shield too so now they're stunned and can't move. Okay what if they're not a mule? Great! Too bad they're afk since no bosses are going down for a while.

Why bother dealing with all these annoying little things in CWK when you can just take it upon yourself and be a great DK and use Power Crash? You're already relying on yourself to zerk so why not rely on yourself to Power Crash in CWK? Be the carry for your party and save everyone the extra pots, wasted res time, and the extra risk. MAX POWER CRASH!!!

TL;DR DK's should max Power Crash because it avoids a lot of potential accidents/saves you pots in CWK and it gives you more flexibility with what you can do as a DK.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Power Crash, Spear Fury, and Roar are like the backbone of mob control and dealing with the Warrior and why DrK is probably the best cleave class at CWK. If you plan on running it a lot, you should definitely max all 3, even if not in 3rd job (I didn't max Crash until my 16x, and I don't regret waiting that long to do so, but it is so clearly more useful than anything I have left in my skill pool).

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    At 970k EV per box(Seems to be on an upward trend in scroll prices at least...) I don't really consider cwkpq to be that important. But then again I'm a capital-B Boomer who doesn't believe DK's have any real function anymore with bossing so bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Raikam

Raikam Mano

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    Raikam
    Dark Knight
    MUSHGANG
    Well maybe we have a difference in opinion because maybe our playstyles are different. I'm the type of person who hates grinding so the 125-175 levels were full of CWK for me because I prefer to boss for my EXP. It's honestly not as efficient as just straight grinding the whole way up but I personally relied pretty heavily on CWK/Zak/JC/HT to get to 18x. The bonus stage boxes are nice but they were never the primary reason for me to CWK.

I play this game for fun and to me that comes from bossing with my friends so having Power Crash was one way for me to be more skilled as a DK. If I'm able to help my friends and myself save some pots or a res by pressing an extra button, why not? It's beneficial to everyone.

Also, I don't know how you don't think DK's have any function in bossing anymore when I feel like I'm always being recruited left and right... We have HB, we have decent damage, we're straight up required for some bosses like PB or Toad. Not everyone is washed enough to hit certain HP thresholds.

16. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I don't think they have any function because the mentioned functions are easily mule-able end-game and berserk actively kills you for bringing other useful mules. If I'm also bringing SE I can't zerk on Toad, as the tabbing every other hit takes too much attention. On the other hand if I were mainly controlling the Marksman while bringing HB I can output significantly more damage while using significantly less attention.

That's the main reason that a DK is a terrible investment past the 5bil mark, and I've invested significantly more than that to come to that conclusion, with the majority of the profit coming from bossing. It's a class without an endgame and for a full investment your ceiling is close to the floor of other meta classes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    That still has less to do with the fact that Sacrifice is significantly less useful than either Spear Fury or Power Crash, considering 3 is all you really need for it to fulfill its role. We get that you think this is a mostly fruitless investment, but many newer players or people interested in making the class eventually who do want to play the class past a certain point should be suggested ways to be "optimal", even if your definition of that is being a mule.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Raikam

Raikam Mano

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    Raikam
    Dark Knight
    MUSHGANG
    Okay sure ENDGAME I know there are people who literally have HB mules for things like HT/NT/Toad/etc, but I think we're straying from my original point that Power Crash is a useful skill. The point of this guide is to help guide newer DK's figure out how to play their class so I think it's safe to assume most of the people who read this are in their early to midgame point and need guidance. Again, I think that Power Crash is extremely useful at this stage in the game because most of these players will be CWKing. I'm not gonna comment about endgame or anything because I play this game for fun, not efficiency so meso and dpm isn't something I'm focused on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    5:46 AM
    Dragon Knight
    Power Crash is worth getting. A skill that is useless 95% of the time but useful 5% is > a skill that is subpar to other options you have 100% of the time

20. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Slime

May 26, 2021
    Male
    TW, UK
    2:46 AM
    Renzokuken
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    Are CDs still good for a LV100 DK?
    The mobs around LV100 have higher HP and are too hard for me to kill.
    Even the mob like Vikerola or Kentaurus needs 3 Spear Crusher to kill. (4 if min damage occurred.)