1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary 2020 Skill Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, May 23, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    2:23 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Unfortunately barrage+orb is only ~3% stronger than barrage+drain x2 (can only use orb when you can use drain) for single target. But the calculation here was done with barrage+DS which reduces DPM a lot.

Barrage+orb is ~8% more DPM than barrage+DS for single target and then about the same for 2 target and falls off completely at 3 targets.

2. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I understand the purpose of this thread, but wouldn't it be an idea to first look at the true underdogs. And make sure they're equal to the top tier classes? Buccaneers really deserve a big buff. But instead we're trying to balance Nightlords? Hero's being weaker than DK's also don't make too much sense. They don't have a party buff. So why would anyone ever chose a Hero over a DK?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. ellyyy

ellyyy Slime

Jun 13, 2019
    Female
    5:23 PM
    ellyyy / ahlai
    Bishop, Buccaneer
    Colors
    ah okay I see! thanks 4 that clarification :)

how do you get these numbers, if you don't mind me asking :eek: specifically the one u didn't actly mention: barrage+drainx2 compared to barrage+ds. i've never actly tried the barrage+drainx2 combo bc when ur charge isn't up u r just afk for that second there isn't it o.o

i'm sorry, what?? buccaneers REALLY deserve a big nerf??
    ?????????????
    (also isn't rage a party buff just wondering)

4. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    The barrage+drain x2 is from dummy DPM tests. Barrage+orb calculations are from taking the number of times the combo hits per minute multiplying by the total skill attack percentage. If you take a ratio comparing two combos, the range doesn't matter. Shameless plug on my bucc guide for HT lol I have all the numbers there

5. MsFortune

MsFortune Mano

Mar 1, 2019
    Male
    5:23 AM
    MsFortune
    Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Shadower
    Honor
    People should at least test out the game before they start complaining about these balance. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the staff worked hard on this patch so we should at least show some appreciation. Those who believes DK and Corsairs are now superior to NL and Heroes should actually play those classes to realize how nice it must be to be able to hold down only 1 button for a 2 hr boss run.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  6. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    I think its safe to assume that the average Level 180 attacker will have using MW20 + a weapon thats 10 attack below perfect + cider + 14-17 WA glove + 8-10 WA cape + 10 WA MoN + 3 att equivalent shoe.

I think these numbers represent MapleLegends as a whole, and skill balance changes should be based on the stats of these equipments.

Again, not trying to discredit what you did. I'm welcome to any suggestions, if anyone wants to chime in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Sorry I meant buff haha. And rage is a party buff. But it's useless at boss fights. HB Is much much greater

8. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    With 20 att pots being limited by use slots (especially for people hp washing and don't increase use slots), heroes did get an indirect buff. If anything they will probably be more desirable than before

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    12:23 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I really don't see how it is limited...you can give some ciders to party memebers that don't use as much pots and there you go, solved your problem, its pretty easy to trade ciders while in bosses.

10. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    7:23 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Yes it's a 7.91% dmg increase over Barrage/DS but for some reason i had remembered outdated values instead lol. It's already not worth at 2 targets, nearly 1% weaker and you'll rather do more dmg to the 2nd target.

Drain becomes irrelevant in a lvl 200 scenario so dunno why it's brought up, but back on topic I think it's far too difficult to guess for every class what a realistic scenario should look like in terms of theoretical vs realistic.

The charts tried to do a bit of both but didn't really convey it as well as we hoped. Not really bashing Arthur here, he did try to raise a good point overall about how they feel certain classes should be balanced, some aren't as strong in actual gameplay vs max theoretical potential, but it is really difficult to try to put those guessed values in a chart that looks remotely accurate (like I wouldn't have a clue how to do that either).

11. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Might want to look more into this crit change for NLs. I don't mind the alchemist nerf, but it seems there are already talks about preferring the old 50% crit chance for consistency reasons. Any decent NLs will have SE somehow, and will not bother to boss with out it. It definitely sucks not to have SE, but this is a really drastic change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Hey gm, the multi-client update changed the end game weapon choice planning of heroes/pallies to shift to either 1h sword or stone tooth from Nt 2h. This is because having si is not a very reliable skill now.

Can we have compensation by buffing Nt 2h's attack to fast speed(same as stone tooth)? other classes end game weapon choice don't get affected by this multi-client change.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    Isn't it the same problem for people using claymores? And what about the people who scrolled OP stonetooth? they would be upset about a NT 2h sword that has +7 base attack vs stonetooth.

I use NT 1h sword so it doesn't really affect me either way, but I could see ST users being pretty upset if you buffed NT 2h sword to fast attack speed

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    6:23 AM
    Beginner
    Agree, and im a Claymore user. I Think it should stay as it is... i almost went for ST as its a good-all-around sword.

BTW, anyone have calculations on the DPM% difference on a Claymore x ST without SI? A perf. Claymore without SI would be considered bad dpm at HT?

15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I've tinkered around on Nise's warrior dmg calculator more than I'd like to admit. What I found is that the speed difference between SI+Claymore and Claymore w/o SI literally doubles my damage (it's an exact 2.0x multiplier). So you could probably imagine that assuming same WATT, ST is 50% stronger than Claymore without SI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    pretty ridiculous to nerf sword(normal) weapon reliability after people have invested a lot of time scrolling a perfect sword. When I was planning what type of sword to make I had taken into consideration that I would be able to have si 100% of the time. Now the entire meta has shifted into 1h swords and stonetooth and I cant turn back time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Why someone choses Hero over DK? lazyness.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    6:23 AM
    Beginner
    Fucking RIP then. I invested heavly in a Claymore that is now +5 Perf. I can only hope for a massive Bucc Buff.

19. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I'm serious, just make some bucc friends and drag them along for bossing. Also the good news is buccs will probably get more common now that people dont need to feel overshadowed by dexbucc, and more bucc buffs are probably on the horizon.

Also L> donation of +5 perf claymore since you dont need it anymore thanks <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    For the adjusted SE vs. w/o SE single target dpm charts, shad dpm is shown as increasing with SE (it is initially tied with MM's without SE and then above it with SE). However, SE does not affect assassinate so how was this calculated? Was this possibly misrepresented in the first pre-balance chart and elsewhere as well?

• Like Like x 1