1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary monsters

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by hatake00, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatake00

hatake00 Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Hey Guys!

I’m back to MS after a few years and I decided to play on MapleLegends. I’ve got one suggestion. I know, you all are happy because of the 2nd anniversary of the server, but it’s really taugh for new players to beat special monsters like Candles and Cakes. They cause a big damage and we have to use a lot of HP potions. I think the mobs shouldn’t be on the maps next to the cities - the maps where all low level players start. I’m quite angry I can’t do my quests because of them...

• Like Like x 9
  2. EonDelirium

EonDelirium Timer

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    Burning Lands of Ariant
    1:20 AM
    Delirium
    Magician, F/P Wizard, F/P Mage
    SugarBabies
    I am having the same problem but not all the maps have these enemies, just the ones that are next to the cities, but as you said, it is a waste of potions and EXP (when you die) trying to chase or flee of these monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I'll do a quick overview and see what I can do. I think lately I get this complain a bit too often to my liking, and its important to me that new players can progress.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Butt Clench

Butt Clench Blue Snail

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    2:20 AM
    PhoTaiNamGau
    Bandit
    i agree with this issue 100% , its a problem killing monsters and having candles + cakes nearly kill you every time. It's a nice addition but overwhelming for lower levels . Even if there are other maps without candles its easier for lower levels to mob where spawn rate is adequate

5. OP
    OP
    hatake00

hatake00 Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Please, turn it off. It’s REALLY annoying!

6. EonDelirium

EonDelirium Timer

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    Burning Lands of Ariant
    Delirium
    Magician, F/P Wizard, F/P Mage
    SugarBabies
    Don't turn it off, just moderate the spawnrate of the candles and cakes from the Victoria Island because sometimes there are maps where the monsters of the event abound more than those of the zones.
    The event must continue and shouldn't be canceled because of us but we are just asking for a little moderation there! Greetings.

7. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    3:20 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Honestly, I leveled a new character yesterday, and the only problematic ones are the ones right next to towns.
    The road between Lith Harbor and Henesys (Trying to walk from Lith to Heney after Maple Island is really hard right now), The Tree west of Ellinia, Henesys Hunting Grounds, and the area right next to Perion with the stumps. They're all good spots for new characters usually, but the cakes makes it pretty rough until ~20+.

They're great in places like Kerning Bubblings, where when you can handle them well, you can also take care of the cakes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yuuuki

Yuuuki Mushmom

Mar 31, 2017
    Europeeee
    9:20 AM
    Yuuuki
    Magician
    In Maple Island = very annoying

But I also got killed alot when I leveled up.. cus of cakes couldnt kill my slimes in ellinia :c meh (was 2nd of april den <3)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Accepted! We are removing the cakes & candles in maps that are right next to towns in Victoria Island so that new players can grind/do their job quests w/o using up all their pots or dying.

Poof edit: Next restart, all the Cakes on Victoria Island will be replaced by Candles as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Does this include cakes in higher level areas like Fire Boars, Bubblings and the such? Those were actually pretty nice and around at the level you'd expect them to be

11. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    For now we are just doing the maps that are located right next to a town. (Henesys, Kerning, Ellinia, Lith, Perion, & Nautilus)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I lied. I didn't realize PoofcakesPoofcakes edited my post f3. Apparently we are also removing all the cakes from Victoria Island as well and replacing them with candles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Aah that's a shame, I felt like the only problematic ones were the ones close to cities, the cakes in 20+ areas were a nice XP boost

14. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Some high lvl dude had his low lvl mule training in Ellinia and when I passed by he actully asked me to kill the cakes.
    He might not be a new player but that still shows something.

15. OP
    OP
    hatake00

hatake00 Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    I’m sorry, but I’m really going not to play MapleLegends because of these birthday monsters. I need to kill Blue Mushrooms and there are 2 Blue Mushrooms and 6 or more Cakes next to. It’s waste of my time and I tried to play three times and everytime I got angry and stopped because of them. It’s really unfair and it affects every quest connected with killing monsters...
    [​IMG]

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I got rapped by these suckers all night yesterday, it's tought being a low level with these guys around.

17. OP
    OP
    hatake00

hatake00 Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    2nd May today and all cakes are still in game...

18. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The event (expect for the big puffy daddy one) got extended.

19. OP
    OP
    hatake00

hatake00 Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    You do not care what low level players say and what problems they have.

• Like Like x 1
  20. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Lol considering im not part of staff.. I was actully worried because I saw few low lvls struggling in-game.
    idk tbh why staff didn't do anything and didn't listened.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.