1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    9:20 PM
    Megic
    Beginner
    well you didnt even understand that i was not serious (i dont think you are hardcore, the exp is totally fine and balanced) the point is you are not gonna care about pots (you are not in this stage of the game and when you were you had the past prices) so thats the reason you try to make me a baby about something youll not experience (you might even profit from it).. who am i talking to? why do i care about random players who have no impact about the server.. i should focus on GM's and people who really can test the numbers after the patch will be implemented.. trying to tell me im wrong and dropping numbers that are totally wrong wont solve this issue.. how can you say im wrong when you didnt even test anything? how can you encourage new players to go find other server? who do you think you are to decide which server fits me? this server was perfectly fine until this update.

Suggestion for the Admins:
    • Take a test next month on how much players stayed on the server after the patch (new = 0-1 month old accounts) (from the new player base)
    • Take a test on how much the % of the mesos (income/outcome) of the veterans players have changed and how much of the % of the mesos of the new players have changed and see whats the difference..
    Expected results from my own experience :
    -new players base will be lower than pre-patch.
    -new players will have less mesos than average on pre-patch (taking out more mesos than they did while getting the same amount they have earned.
    -veteran players will have same profit - even more profit than before as everything they sell will rise accordingly.

after the conclusion youll get from the stats ask yourself if this is the point and the goal you wanted by doing this method.

for the "Pros":

until then you can keep bragging like you are maplestory pros and everyone are noobs except you and they dont understand anything just because you are here for years.. doing memes and laughing doesn't proves a point.. only makes you cringe and childish.

*also expecting from every new member to be experienced in maplestory and maximize his profit and to know every meso method when he is a starter with the same knowledge at the game like you when you're playing this server for years is the most nosense thing ive heard for a while.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    12:20 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you play CB and bomb all the way through 3rd you probably lose a lot of mesos. Especially if you fail and die a bunch of times like I did. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:20 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    man just sure to set your autopot correct, i am pretty sure u doing something wrong to waste this much

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. HeeHee

HeeHee Red Snail

Aug 13, 2022
    2:20 AM
    HeeHee
    Beginner
    Hi there, I know how you feel. The problem is mesos, right?

But there still many ways to adapt with the increasing in %pots's price, such as: farm more Gachas for good scrolls/stuff, then sell them for mesos. Earning mesos > buying pots > training > earning mesos > buying pot..., I think the process is a part of the game.

I'm a Lvl. 50 - Warrior earning myself over 50mil just by Gacha and taking out Zombie's Gold Teeth :D

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    8:20 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Like all these mobs

[​IMG]

I honestly mostly farmed them at :

Grim Phantom
    Mannequins
    Cheap Amplifier
    Death Teddy
    CDs
    Red Goblin

~~

Hmm no, when I grinded my I/L at Gallos I legit just had Ginseng Root, cause Magic Guard was consuming most of my MP, not my HP.

By the point I needed to consume 1 Ginseng, I'd have lost enough HP to regain 40% of it, back to 100%.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    My irl friend used to play last year, couldn't afford potions or equip upgrades so he quit playing and went back to forbidden maple (GMS).
    [​IMG]

I do agree with you that this update is rather problematic for newer players heck.. my new character that I'm working on that obtained T10 ring at level 10 was a huge waste if time level 10 to 120 with 240 base int about 14k hp and it has about 102 mil or something.. its a night lord with MTKs and Balanced Furies and with this update rolling in, personally playing this server for 2 years I also find this update as a hurdle that I probably won't be able to jump over.

But I won't let that deter me from logging in and hanging out with my buddies or alliance, I'm pretty sure that theres a few people that you've met along the way on your mapling adventures that you enjoy having conversations with.

If mesos are the current problem I could sponsor you a few mil to continue playing if you'd like, DM me on forums (click on my name then start a conversation.)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  7. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Mano

Dec 23, 2019
    3:20 PM
    Here is a spreadsheet for cost efficiency of potions.

Grilled cheese is unsurpsrisingly BIS hp/mp early.

It's pretty easy to keep a close 1:1 meso to HP cost with flat heal pots.
    MP flat heals tend towards being 2:1, grilled cheese, sorc elixir and cherry pies being the exceptions of note.

Given sorc only only heals 1500 MP, it's a little strange that it would be less cost effective than cherry pies with the changes. I really think sorcs could just be left alone given people who are contributing to the server gold income significantly by mage farming aren't going to be using them on account of them being cost inneficient at higher MP. In the very least it should be better than cherry pies. Please don't nerf the delicious pies.

1:1 cost ratio breakeven changes
    Ginger Ale breakeven for the 1:1 5000 -> 8500
    Ginseng Root breakeven for the 1:1 5000 -> 9000
    Honster breakeven HP for the 1:1 4500 -> 7000
    Mana bull breakeven MP for the 1:1 4500 -> 8000

• Great Work Great Work x 9
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Yes, that's me.
    The guy that tests every wacky shit in this game, writes absurd posts and suggestions and has the wildest and wacky posts ever for the game QoL.

If you're a new player, forget about using %-based pots from NLC, if you're doing it, you're just going for risks.
    Not grinding at the correct LVL to dmg ratio of your class? You're going to be annihilated by pot consumption.

Go at LVL 50 as an Assassin to farm Cheap Amplifiers, you're basically 1.2 hits away from death every time, gotta fill HP every hit you get.
    In that situation, you'll waste so much mesos into %-based pots.
    Given this, if he were to use normal pots, he'd be a net-loss lower than the %-based pots.

People must understand that one pot is not the solution, multiple combinations of pots, regarding LVL, wdef, equips and mob stats, have to be studied and understood.

Else heck, just go to NLC at lvl 10 and buy %-based pots and be done with it. (which is the most dumb thing to do, pre and after this change)

You can do everything from lvl 10 to 120 with these pots :

[​IMG] Supreme Pizza, 900HP & 600MP
    [​IMG] Cheery Pie, 2000 HP & MP
    [​IMG] Grilled Cheese, 500 HP & MP + Wdef
    [​IMG] Sorcerer Elixir, 1500MP
    [​IMG] Melting Cheese, 4000 HP
    [​IMG] Barbarian Elixir, 1500 HP

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. firstwolf

firstwolf Slime

Jul 3, 2020
    2:20 PM
    firstwolf
    Magician
    To the staff reading, Are there any published server statistics about meso income and expenditure bracketed by character level? I have a strange feeling that there isn’t. The potion price changes are not sitting well with the early game community (Levels 80-119).

I think there’s a fairly large disconnect between veteran players (mid- and late game) and early game players (80+ characters without a 120+ character on account) about the game economy.

It’s been an established issue within the community for a while now that meso income between levels 83-119 is dismal relative to the cost of equips, potions, and services. The new scroll drop table alleviate this slightly but I seriously doubt it’s the meso injection that players need at those levels.

Again I’ll repeat: the NLC potion changes are a great idea for balancing the economy and the gameplay for mid- to late game players. It’s absolutely going to wreck anyone who doesn’t have a level 120 character already on their account.

The only monetary benefit characters in these levels already had was the inflated meso economy coupled with low potion cost. There are incredibly limited meso farming options between those levels exasperated by 3rd job inefficiency. You can’t just say, “Go to APQ and pray for appos every day” or “farm night ghosts for two hours for 15m meso” (which is now nerfed income anyway from the new claw scroll drops).

Taking deflationary measures in the economy while increasing potion cost is going to hurt early game players. We’re correcting the economy in a way that will certainly help but at the expense of new players. This is going to hurt the game in the long run.

Yes, there is an HP/Def rework in development. This problem could have been offset with the HP/DEF rework. The issue is that players in the game are not going to wait eight more months for the proposed rework.

I’m actually shocked and saddened about the dismissiveness from veterans towards new players with some staff having gone as far as attempting to gaslight players about their experience in the game.

Staff, thank you for the continued support in-game. These decisions aren’t easy to make and sometimes there just aren’t right choices. However, I’m begging you to look at early game balance (80-120) and the effects these changes are going to have on new players immediately after the patch drops.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Note: Speaking for myself on the class balance changes (not gonna comment on the other ones since I'm not qualified), and not representative of staff entirely

Well, this happens every patch balance notes but I'd like to remind people that changes can always happen after feedback from users but please try out the changes first before jumping to conclusions. As you can see BT have worked tirelessly the last several months with the best data they had and suggestion threads from the community to make the changes above, personally I've seen each member spend hours debating and testing each class change so please try it out first! And if you don't like it you can always make a suggestion thread.

For those of you who are upset at the class changes and that some classes got buffed, I'd like to remind y'all of some of the popular threads from the past year or so:

- What is the worst class? https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-worst-class.43053/ (1st to 4th: Hero, Shadower, Paladin, DK)
    - What is the best class for bossing? https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-best-bossing-class-es.45368/ (top 3: NL, Corsair, Bucc; Bottom 3: DK, IL, FP)
    - Modify Hero Combo https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?posts/296489/
    - Making Heros Useful Again https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/making-heros-useful-again.45579/unread
    - Remove dash from assassinate https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/remove-dash-from-assassinate.44184/
    - An Identity for Dark Knights https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/an-identity-for-dark-knight.46565/
    - A Thought On Dark Knights Survivability https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/a-thought-on-dark-knights-survivability.46175/
    - Shadowers Need A Buff https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/shadowers-need-a-buff.45728/

The balance team reads most suggestion threads (contrary to popular belief). I'm not saying that these threads are the only reasons these changes happened but staff does look at community to see what changes they should work on next.

If you are unhappy with any of the class changes this balance patch please feel free to:

1. After trying the changes out, make a suggestion thread
    2. Back up your claim with data
    3. Offer alternative suggestions, and explain why they'd be better

These are the most helpful for starting conversations (a thread just saying MAGES SUCK is not helpful for anyone), but staff are not mind readers and we cannot gauge community reaction if you don't tell us so please help us out! Thanks everyone ^^

PS - please keep the discussion civil if you guys can and don't resort to personal attacks.

• Great Work Great Work x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    I didnt even use % pots until lvl 80, from now on you have to use it because its the least expensive method as a mage. (if you want to train effectively)
    I do shift between WhitePots and 40%, I do checked whats the best and least expensive Trigger Options for me..

Stop bragging about useless things, this are not relevent.. I checked my options before deciding which pot is the best for me and this is what I ended with..
    you dont have the same gear as me, not the same damage and im talking about overall alot of classes (as i said this problem is not only with me its for all the group of players im in.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    My Archmage is level 145 and I never used % HP pot while grinding. I always use pizzas from NLC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The thing is.
    I am a veteran player, yet every time I make a new char I'm a new player, cause I have this mentality of going clean with every char I make. (0 meso)
    Even if I made 50 of them, I know it is completely safe, whatever route you take with the economy to survive to lvl 130 without a major use & abuse of &-based pots.

The only real issue in this economy is the inflation provoked on the equips, scrolls in FM... but tbh, you can play without any of that aid pretty healthily.
    (Looking at my experience on Sleepywood-lock and my Paladin)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    i dont use %HP pots either.. i use 40% MP&HP and i dont even trigger to hp only mp.. (im using whitepots for hp) (its less expensive than mana bull).. why this is so hard to read?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    DONT USE %HP/MP Its a waste of money for you!!!! Use Mana Elixir or (after the patch) Sunset Dew!!! Those 40% pots are EXPENSIVE and only really good in bossing when you need both MP and HP quick IMO

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    Sunset drew is more expensive than 40%
    Mana Elixir is 300MP i have 7k and i lose 2k mana every hit, do you think its possible?

Pretty sure you are a troll anyways.. suggesting mana elixir for 7k mana.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Sorry I meant SORCERER ELIXIR which restores 1500 MP. With 7k mana you restore 2800 mana for each of those 40% pots which is about half of sunset dew. and those NLC pots you have to buy from the NPC whereas dew you can buy from Cornian farmers. Prepatch most people used sorcerer elixir until mana bull was efficient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    [​IMG]

I need to use twice to get 3000 mp, 4800 mesos

[​IMG]

I need to use once to get 2800mp + saving me hp pots sometimes .. 3600 mesos + x hp pots.

I save 1000 mesos to use the 40% ones.
    ofc ill buy the 40% its way more cheaper and same effect -+..

nosense to use your meta.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Even more reasons to not use a %-based pot.

You're below the 10/15k MP mark.
    Those pots are completely wasted on your amount of MP.

7k MP with a 40% MP means 2800MP per pot. at the cost of 2100meso

A Sorcerer Elixir costing 1500meso per 1500MP.

You can see that pre-patch you were paying

Ginseng : 2800MP / 2100 meso = 1,33 MP/meso
    Sorcerer : 1MP/meso

To standardize it, bring it to 3000MP.

That means
    Ginseng : 1,33 * 3000 = 3990 meso
    Sorcerer : 1* 3000 = 3000 meso

You just wasted 990 meso hypothetically by using a Ginseng.
    Long term wise, after an hour of farming by consuming 5* pots per stuff you're most likely looking at 5k meso wasted per triggering refills.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    Why do you even calculate pre-patch? do we even talk about it? you keep being wrong time after time how can you not understand after 20 messages that we're talking about the new prices?
    i used 40% because its nice for me and i dont use HP pots as much, way more cheaper than using hp pots and mp pots together.

Thats why i was saying this community thinks just because they played this spesific server for years they are pros and knows everything when you are wrong.. new players aren't new to maplestory, just to the server. stop bragging and shut other people's mouth because you did this and that, this is irelevent.

• Friendly Friendly x 1