1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance to have more pqs please?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sushimeow, Dec 28, 2020.

1. sushimeow

sushimeow Slime

Jan 4, 2020
    8:51 AM
    Beginner
    I really love playing pqs and enjoy leveling with friends. May I kindly ask if we could have more pq choices please? Such as shammos pq in el nath?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:51 AM
    If theres other PQ choices that are Before Big Bang of official Neckson MapleStory then possibly yea, but if not then i don't know how it would be added in. :/

3. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I’ve always wanted to see Ariant PQ added. It was one of my favorite PQs of all time right alongside Carnival, but I know staff has said they will never introduce Carnival because the xp and win trading aspect of it made it busted.

4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I remember win trading in Ariant PQ back when it was still a thing. Obviously it didn't work to the same effect as CPQ did, but it was still better exp than KPQ.

The issue with adding new PQs is where to even add them. If we're looking for something compatible with the current Legends, then obviously stuff before Big Bang are the most feasible in terms of coding it (not that I would know but I'm just assuming). The other option of course would be adding custom PQs, but that 1) requires a shit ton more work and 2) might depreciate the value of being a "nostalgic" server.

The next issue would be adding a PQ that no one ends up doing. Ultimately, there needs to be an incentive to do pqs, whether it be exp or items. I don't believe we have a large enough population (nor will we ever) where the participation of certain pqs can be carried solely by the social aspect of the game. Shammos PQ had the earrings as something worth getting at the time (didn't it give % stat or something crazy? I might just be misremembering). There are pqs even now that are completely dead (LMPQ, R&J, and even OPQ/PPQ to a certain extent). Having a PQ with conflicting lvl ranges would also prevent people from doing it as well. LMPQ, PPQ, and OPQ conflicts with each other in terms of this and no one does them because the alternative of grinding is both faster and more rewarding.

That said it would be nice to see a later game pq that is worth doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think CPQ could be great if it was a limited time event thing or maybe something to do weekly/monthly but I remember back on GMS it very very quickly devolved into the most mind-numbing win trading imaginable. The potential is even worse on a smaller server. +1 for Ariant PQ though.

6. Escargot

Escargot Red Snail

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    3:51 AM
    Escargot
    Priest, Bishop
    Lore
    I think before adding in even more PQs, it might be good to balance some of the current PQs that we see. IMO, as someone who was playing through the content of MapleLegends for the first time over the last two months, it was easy to see hpq, kpq, lpq, epq and ppq having enough(ish) players, with epq and ppq having variable players utilizing these PQs vs finding leech or grinding.

There are PQs like OPQ or LMPQ that can be revamped or changed. Especially the rewards or experience available from these PQs. For example, the OPQ rewards can become tradable which might provide a way for newer players to make a little bit of mesos or provide gear that can be later sold and upgraded. Having untradable gear that no on wants, doesn't really entice players to participate in the PQs.

• Agree Agree x 1