1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to fix my scuffed mage stats?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sygneh, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Sygneh

Sygneh Red Snail

Jul 14, 2020
    Male
    4:48 AM
    2Woo4You
    I/L Wizard
    Hi, newbie here. I thought in order to equip things I needed a ton of LUK so I kind of scuffed my stats to get it up. And now I realized that it will take a ton of AP resets to fix this.

This character took forever because I don't really know what I'm doing, and it would be super discouraging to have to start all over (especially since grinding unfunded takes forever & I keep running out of potions).

My question is there any possible way for me to fix this without spending 100,000 Nx+? Is there any way I could possibly get a redo on the stats? I don't really know what HP washing is but I don't think Mages use it anyway, so I swear I'm not trying to do anything else but just undo my super busted LUK. Any advice?

2. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    7:48 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Unfortunately you just need to save NX for AP resets man. I was in a similar situation, I think my mage had over 70 luk until lvl 140+. I didn't want to reset the luk for a long time, but eventually I decided to

Don't feel discouraged forreal, I'm sure your mage is still plenty playable. Though you could play something else while you wait for the vote monies :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    It's ok buddy I also spent 96k on resetting all my int out

4. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    1:48 PM
    Unfortunately you just have so save up NX for now. Do note when the summer events (hopefully soon) rolls out, you might be able to get some free AP resets.
    Mages do not need to HP washing. Only thing mages can really do is MP washing, but like HP washing, that's also not required.

5. OP
    OP
    Sygneh

Sygneh Red Snail

Jul 14, 2020
    Male
    2Woo4You
    I/L Wizard
    RIP. I'm devastated :confused:

Thanks for the info everyone

6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:48 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Mirrors making a pure luk mage? 4 base int? POGGIES

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    THE WORLD ISN'T READY FOR MY STR MAGE META

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    7:48 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I checked on the character rankings and you're level 41.

In this server it really doesn't take that long to get back to that level on a new remade character. For example if you follow this guide: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/exact-guide-for-1-35-in-under-6-hours.29751/ it won't take you more than 6 maybe 7 hours to get 35 again.

Your current character can help the new one complete quests at very fast speed, and also you should do profitable quests on your current character to give yourself some funding. For example there's a level 40 quest called Sakura, The Kitty and The Orange Marble that gives a 30% shoe jump scroll, sells for 4m-ish. This way you can ensure your new character has no potion money problems.

If you don't wanna remake then your options are: save NX plus wait for summer event AP reset opportunities, or just embrace the LUK mage life and pimp those sick mage gears (apparently some people think they look cool?).

Anyway it isn't too bad to have some LUK on a mage. Mage grinding is really straightforward and as soon as you hit level 50 and go to ghost ship it takes almost no effort to play your character and you may not notice too huge of a difference. Just vote slowly and eventually all the LUK will go away, if you're attached to this character.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Sygneh

Sygneh Red Snail

Jul 14, 2020
    Male
    2Woo4You
    I/L Wizard
    Thank you for the real answer! Guess I will wait for events and buy 1 Reset a day with Votes. I really appreciate the help :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Depending on how much LUK you have, it may not be such a bad decision. Since you are new you won't have the very expensive LUKless mage gear. Going with a modest amount of LUK will save you a lot of money as it will allow you to use stronger equips on the way. By the time you've saved up the NX needed to reset, you'll have more funding to buy the LUKless gear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:48 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    A naked lukless mage's damage output should be about the same as that of a luk mage until you change your weapon at ~35/40/43/64/70/130. You don't need to change into all of them but you'd be stronger by your first weapon change. There's also no permanent damage since you can just reset your luk into int and mp wash a few after 120.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    1:48 PM
    Beginner
    I had 90 luk too... reset it back to int.
    Took me a month i think

13. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    yeah it's really not too bad. there's always other things to do so it doesn't even have to feel like you're waiting around

14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    DOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    All three of my mages are LUK mages. I'm not resetting a damn thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Just remake it. Doesnt take that long to level back to 40 ish