1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got the Blackbull's lost deed of the land from Curse Eye?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Summer Rain, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Summer Rain

Summer Rain Pink Teddy

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    7:35 PM
    Yukimajiri; Yorushika
    I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Colors
    I have been farming Curse Eye for the deed. But cannot find one. I have been grinding for two hours in Ellina Curse Eye dungeon but nothing drops, killed over 1000+ monsters.

So i want to ask if anyone ever got the thing? Or is it a bug?

2. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    7:35 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    It's a extremely, extremely, extremely rare drop. I suggest farming them only when you can do the repeatable "kill 999 Curse Eye" quest. Not only that, but only bother on farming it when you can actually 1HKO the eyes with ease (this would also be a decent way of farming event drops, like the fishing nets).

3. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    2:35 PM
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    8:35 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Hi Poof, I have a question for you :). Your database pulls directly from the client right? Are drop rates also stored in the client? (i.e. do you not display these rates because ML staff doesn't want you to?)

I always assumed drop rates were server side: client tells the server a mob was killed - server generates a random number using clock time (which is common for RNGs, maybe something else though) as a seed - then tells the client what drops that corresponds to. If it does work like that, I have wondered how private servers like ML know the GMS drop rates to begin with. Do they just guess a drop rate based on their experience from GMS? I assume that a private server only starts with the compiled WZ files (for v62 for example) and no source codes for client or server (how would they get these...) :confused:

5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    2:35 PM
    The drops are in the server's database. I indeed have the droprate info, but am not allowed to show those publically.
    Yeah, it's pretty impossible to know the authentic drops, as well as the drop rates, so private servers indeed just kinda have to guess this. Usually info from user-documented sites like hiddenstreet and mapletip is used, though those aren't 100% accurate and don't include everything. The only thing from the WZ files that can be used for the drops is the Monster Book drop info. This was used in MapleLegends to do the Ninja Castle drops for example. Unfortunately it doesn't include everything either, such as quest items, and no drop rates either.
    The client is just the original v62 MapleStory.exe, but then hacked a bit to strip it of certain stuff and to make it connect to a different IP. People generally distribute these kinds of clients for others to use. There is indeed no source code for the client, so generally servers are restricted to the version that they committed to, and can't add super advanced things that were coded into the client in later versions. Luckily the WZ files are edited super easily. :)

For the server sided part, most private servers are based off of the OdinMS source code (or based off of a source that is based off of the OdinMS source code, etc etc), which was one of the first MapleStory private servers. The server code is always completely player written and people also generally distribute this for others to use/learn from on sites like RageZone. There are source releases for specific versions. For GMS it's generally like v62 and v75 and v83.

I think if you have more questions it's probably best to PM me. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    5:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Having done the 99 & 999 kill quest 12 times, plus grinding for 5 Curse Eye Monster Cards twice, I assure you that they do drop. My Hermit will be collecting those cards in the near future. If I come across any Deeds, I will, as always, put them in The Junk Yard: Odds & Ends.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    5:35 AM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Hey I have 2, you can have one for free

8. OP
    OP
    Summer Rain