1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE WE REALLY BETTER WITHOUT Cash Gachapon?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Luiz GG, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    8:44 PM
    Night Lord
    Moon
    hahaha LOL Hi bro, you had already delayed, I only read "Kimmy says", as you should know not always changes are for good you should know, and I will not fall in your game to answer a long questionnaire speaks point by point instead of doing a pseudo research . I will answer specific things:
    1) It was an experimental Christmas season, someone was asked? Was the discussion general?
    2) It's oldschool or hardoldschool, because in the maple in its time the cash cost real money and still transform it into mesos ... so it's not done faithfully.
    3) The control of the market and how to obtain the objects that are sold, of course they are related
    4) If the CASH gachapon were not so popular because they are removed then LOL
    5) I never said that the bishop will be nerfed, it is an exaggerated comparison of someone new against the typical monopolists.
    PD:More than you opinion you seem to be being manipulated

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    Exact communism, but more than that democracy .... Not all of us who play are in the forum or in redit, we should listen to everyone who thinks, being in the game. The big changes deserve the opinion of all not of a dome.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:44 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm not sure what you mean I had already delayed. Was I supposed to reply within a minute of your post?

I agree not all changes are good, and I'm open to your suggestions, but you fail to provide good suggestion that does solves any issues outlined.

Also, you seem to have an impression that I'm a diehard fan of KimberlyKimberly, so let me clarify here: I support the idea behind changes, not the staffs of this server. If I disliked a change, I will voice it as I see.

I'm not playing a game, I'm just arguing your points. If you cannot answer a long questionnaire, I can only assume that means you cannot provide any further argument.

1) There was definitely ongoing discussion for a whole month. Sometimes on the announcement thread, sometimes on a new thread. I mean, we're discussing it right now. Plus, the experiment returned data (how many gachas were dropped) that the experiment was supposed to find.

2) yeah, and we don't want pay2win, vote2win, RWT. Like I said, MapleLegends has some Quality of Life features that will never be true to original MS.

3-1) You do not know how "methods to obtain objects" will affect the market
    3-2) Control of market is a separate, ongoing issue.

4) They were not popular previously either.

Plus, AP reset is more attractive/costly to most washing players.

5) You misunderstand. I'm saying your point is a problem of class balance, not gachapon balance. Plus, it's only natural that older players will get more meso. With or without gachapon.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hmm... Would you mind telling us where your "irrevocable fact" originated from? We have been carefully monitoring all sold scroll prices ever since the change, and we still do not see any substantial increase in price according to our records.

The reason we removed cash gach was simple- we did not like the fact that it promoted vote2win aspect where one could easily get valuable items even when people are doing absolutely nothing in game. Adding with the fact that drop rate was pretty crappy and its insane level limits, we decided to remove it completely and replace with similar gach where it dropped more commonly by actually playing the game while increasing the rate for more valuable items. And no, increase in scarcity after the gach change is not true either, nor only handful being able to control the scroll prices in fm. In fact, it became even more difficult for them because one could actually farm for end-game scrolls from CWKPQ other than solely relying on RNG in gach to receive one.

Just because things do not go in your favor doesn't necessarily mean we don't listen. We do, it's just that removing the cash gach was largely in favor by community as well as us not being a big fan of the old system to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    If you want personal opinions on the removal of cash gacha.

This isn't something any new active player bought. There are many things a player would want to spend nx on before hand. Space for items, NX clothing, a shop, a pet, AP resets. In that brief window where I accumulated 50 or so cash tickets from Christmas event before they were changed to common I got maybe 6 good items. 6 out of 50 is an absolutely terrible rate to make any money. Luck is a factor in this but that kind of unstable money making is not for a new player would shoot for. Quests are a far better source of reliable early money.

The type of people who did buy cash gacha either had nothing left to spend NX on, or weren't playing actively and just voted daily to accumulate NX to use. Which fair to them, it was an option, but I will not mourn the loss of people who came on once a month to go on a gach spree. Raising the price of cash gach only furthers this because at that point NO new players will want to buy it to get garbage. Instead of coming on every month those players will wait 2 months to come on and gach.

The control of the market is also not a gach problem, it's a player one. The team is adding alternatives for scrolls, like 30%s from CWKPQ which is a far better solution than hoping the market is supplied by cash gacha.

PQs already get vote cash now which is tremendous help, but I wouldnt mind also seeing common tickets be potential rewards (obviously more for LPQ/OPQ and rarer for KPQ/PPQ).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:44 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I have to say this specifically though.

Gachas are earned faster on non-AoE skills than AoE skills as it seems like.
    So using mages to farm the gachas isn't as effective as using a fighter/thief/bowman, as I've seen and heard from the Forum and tested on my Hero at a specific place, timing with 2 hours with 5~8 gacha per hour.

NX Cash should be used primarily to make your char beautiful or shitty.
    Neckson itself wanted to make the game $$$$, this private server is not about making $$$$ from the people, it's about the nostalgia, but nostalgia has to be fixed.

Do you want MapleLegends to be like MapleStory? Then we should ask Kimmy to put Gacha in Donor cash, just to make you feel that nice Nostalgia, and reality of how the game was.

NGL the reason for removing Gacha from the Cash Shop was perfect for me, it's just a trash ticket nonetheless, I spent over a million NX on it and never got shit out of it.
    Thansk it dropping from mobs, and with their dropping rates fixed I'm now able to get better stuff from the Gachas I farm with sweat during the days.

And there's more satisfaction to play as well, don't you like it when after 2/3 hours of grinding for those LVLs you're gifted with some free Gacha ( that you don't have to wait an entire shitty week for only 35 of them ) and you get some Scrolls, erasers and equips?

That's better than waiting for votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I really hope you play the game, and to think that Gacha is so important... I think you're not really keen on playing that much, you're just playing for the Gacha and to hope that 1/10000 to get a CS/WS to get cash rolling.

I see you're playing a Hermit, meaning you have to spend in AP Resets, why don't you concentrate on that?
    Ask for the APs to get moved down to 3k NX to get rounded, so at maximum streak you are able of farming 2 APs per day?

Ah no... I think you're not interested in that, because you don't play the game, you just play the gacha.

Am I right or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    With a staff with such a closed vision and do not see some possible errors in their changes, and speak for the entire community, nothing can be achieved.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    I'm not saying I took them off, they were both together before, your deductions are not so accurate, Sherlock. I know how to handle my NL and its LOL priorities. I am interested in the future of the game for the new players and not for the same ones as always who will abuse them.

10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I don't understand if this is /s or just a dumb hero trying to get justice for no one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Again, just because we do not follow your specific way don't mean it resonates through the entire community. You are free to say your opinion of that matter, but please do not generalize that as the entire community having the exact same opinion as you do.

As kimmy and other staff member have said time and time again, we can't really satisfy everyone no matter how positive the change is. There always will be few group of people that disagrees with it, which is what we expected. But what we can do as a staff is making the game fair for everyone, rewarding those that play the game compared those who don't.

12. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    You think that one month is enough to realize that it was a good change, apart from everything started as a test ... Who judges whether it is good or bad we are the players, not a few. I can not take you so seriously if in everything you put it has to be written Kimmy or a pic of her.

13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You're being awfully hypocritical here. You do realize that you're saying staff isn't allowed to have an opinion within 'just one month' of monitoring, but meanwhile here you are, bitching your ass off after the exact same (short) timespan.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I think the test that was taken was perfect, even a forum thread was given for people to give advice regarding the test.
    Why didn't you write back then regarding it?

15. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    [QUOTE = "shot, post: 176894, member: 15752"] Nuevamente, solo porque no sigamos su forma específica no significa que resuene en toda la comunidad. Usted es libre de expresar su opinión al respecto, pero no lo generalice ya que toda la comunidad tiene exactamente la misma opinión que usted.

Como Kim y otros miembros del personal han dicho una y otra vez, realmente no podemos satisfacer a todos, sin importar cuán positivo sea el cambio. Siempre habrá pocos grupos de personas que no estén de acuerdo con esto, que es lo que esperábamos. Pero lo que podemos hacer como personal es hacer que el juego sea justo para todos, recompensando a los que juegan el juego en comparación con los que no lo hacen. [/ QUOTE]

And you can speak for the community? or you and your group is the whole community? How to know something if you do not ask, there are people who think the same way as me but do not enter the forum ... because there is no real feedback on this change.
    And you can speak for the community? or you and your group is the whole community? How to know something if you do not ask, there are people who think the same way as me but do not enter the forum ... because there is no real feedback on this change.

16. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    i feel this is going to be one of those endless loop threads where something is getting discussed in a way that arguments are going to be written 50 times and still not enough to prove the point... SlimeSweat2

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Davifus

Davifus King Slime

May 26, 2017
    Male
    America
    Beginner
    Repeat after me “it’s just a prank bro”

18. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    tfw you can't just vote on a bunch of accounts and gach everything to make money anymore
    how dare they
    [​IMG]

But no, getting away from Vote2Win is for the best. We've always said that new player should not be relying on Gach RNG to be making money; which is why, even back then, we heavily nerfed Cash Gach tickets.
    And if you were using your NX on Gach tickets as a new player, you were doing it wrong. The odds were awful anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    As mentioned by MottoMotto, there was plenty of opportunity for feedback, you just missed out.

20. OP
    OP
    Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    [QUOTE = "Phazed, post: 176896, miembro: 2386"] Estás siendo terriblemente hipócrita aquí. Te das cuenta de que estás diciendo que el personal no tiene permitido tener una opinión dentro de 'solo un mes' de monitoreo, pero mientras tanto, aquí estás, hiriéndote del culo después del mismo lapso de tiempo (corto). [/ QUOTE]

If you insult your opinion does not count for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.