1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Attack range caculation

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Alonp600, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    2:58 PM
    Beginner, Camper
    So im lv 64 fighter and till now i used "japanese map" 2h sword with 83 w.attack, 9 str and 3 dex. Now i got my new maple glory sword(1h sword) with 93 w.attack and 5 str.
    Somehow my attack range with the japanese map is higher by 100 points.
    Why is this happening?

2. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    8:58 AM
    Slave
    Your Maple Glory Sword is 1-handed; the attack formula differs between 2-handed and 1-handed weapons so that, unless your 1H sword is scrolled a lot better (or decently scrolled with a good shield to go along with it), your 2H weapon will read a higher range.

2H weapons scale a lot better than 1H just by themselves, but 1H weapons usually have an attack speed advantage. However, between the Japanese Map and the Maple Glory Sword, that isn't the case.

Additional info: not only is a Japanese Map 2H, it's a Fast (4) sword, but the Maple Glory Sword is a Fast (5). Your Jap Map seems to be better for now, as it also has a longer reach (another benefit of using a 2H weapon, I guess).

3. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    Ty. But isnt the speed is the same with the glory sword with speed booster?
    And which weapon i need to use now? To keep with the japanese map or to go with a maple soul rohen?(sou rohen's speed is 6)

4. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    U can try and scroll the maple soul rohen , if u can't, stick with the japanese map.

5. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    I got soul rohen with 99 att

6. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    8:58 AM
    Slave
    Weapon booster increases a weapon's attack speed by 2 stages. The fastest speed tier is Faster (2) - there is no higher stage, even if you use booster on a weapon that is Faster (3) or better.

Soul Rohen is probably worse than a Japanese Map unless you land some 30s on it, but it does have a huge accuracy boost.