1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Changes: 16/02/2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Hiyo, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    5:15 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Actual balancing: STOP PLAYING THIS ******* GAME FOR 6 hours + a day and live your life, balance yourself would you LOL

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. 2147Code

2147Code Slime

Sep 27, 2019
    12:15 PM
    I apologize if this has been changed, but can I ask why these maps are being changed but not deep Ludi? I think a lot of people like the clocktower but it's just not worth it.

3. Nueple

Nueple Blue Snail

Dec 17, 2017
    Male
    5:15 AM
    Shadower, Chief Bandit
    I agree with absolutely all changes, EXCEPT for the removal of auto aggro for mannequins. This severely cripples warriors and doesn't do much to discourage leeching or lazy leveling on the part of mages. I think reducing xp is one thing, but removing auto aggro essentially renders the mannequin maps useless, IMO.

4. ProLoL

ProLoL Blue Snail

Aug 16, 2018
    Male
    1:15 PM
    So after all the years aggro has been a normal thing on mannequins, only now they decided to "balance"?
    Who experienced this kind of a revelation to decide that their aggro should be removed lol.. that's silly..

5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:15 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Why would anybody even use the summons at all if not to AFK farm? I think it would be better to make them not keep mapowner so that if you are not paying attention and attacking periodically, anybody can come in and yoink the map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Smack

Smack Slime

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    6:15 AM
    Smack
    Dark Knight
    Hey there, I just recently decided to come back to Legends after a year or two of being gone.

Turns out though, you guys have made the entire game a haven for Bishops with all changes in the past year or so being a Bishop buff and all other classes have been shafted hard. I have quickly changed my mind and decided I will not be returning.

Thanks, but no thanks.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    5:15 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I suggest not completely remove the aggro but leaving it as mino-agro which those mannequin will come close to player at some extent but not too close (like those creepy in hor**r movies - "they come near you and hide for an ambush") I think this could work at some big map as well since not everyone got haste or teleport or flashjump teehee~ have a good days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    12:15 PM
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Don't think that would really make it better for the classes that are affected the most. And at best it would be a band-aid fix. It would be better to target spawn rate/amount of mobs on the map if we wanted to revive mannequins, or buff spawnrate/mob count on other off-meta maps to make them attractive alternatives.

9. Coike

Coike Red Snail

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    5:15 AM
    Coike
    Assassin
    I feel the manneq nerfs just add on to the necessity of leech-leveling or mule for mesos. IMO obviously but makes the game less enjoyable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Smack

Smack Slime

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Smack
    Dark Knight
    Alright I was kind of memeing in my last post, but all bullshit aside I think the better approach, from a user stand point, would be to buff more off meta training maps instead of nerfing the good ones. Manni was a little too much but it's got to be offset with something for it to be a worth while change.

I think deep Ludi buffs would have been great along side Neo Tokyo. Just my opinion. I mean huge buffs too, like to fix deep ludi it would take some serious exp changes but would add so much, for what it's worth.

11. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:15 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't know how much Deep Ludi buffs are really needed. I found a safe spot at Spirit Vikings and it was giving me around 5m EXP/hour solo. This is at a safe spot, not clearing the whole map. That is the 3rd best spot, after Nintos and Gallos. I reckon that with a party of 3 or 4 people, it could seriously rival meta spots.

12. Smack

Smack Slime

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Smack
    Dark Knight
    Well if thats the case then maybe I'm mistaken. This would actually just suggest that many people are just too lazy to level on their own. Which would be a reasonable assumption as well.