1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Balance Road Map: Post-Anniversary 2021

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 3, 2021.

1. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    3:50 PM
    Rip pallies. 2021 will be their year. We still have 2-3 events to go. If not, then 2022 will be.

Also, emphasis on the first line of the following quote.

Again, previous balances revolved around HT and never around farming (not that I recall). With the introduction of the new CWK exchange category, would staff be willing to revisit BMs/MMs mobbing abilities so they're less handicapped at CWK exchange. I think the 2 suggestions i've made above (1. increasing vertical range for arrow rain/ arrow eruption and 2. increase the aggro range for cwk mobs so puppet has more utility) should satisfy the 3rd pillar.

Also, for the sake of it. Don't think i've ever played the version with Corsairs in GMS days, so I don't know what Corsair's "identity" was. Was it single target or mobbing? In this current version of ML, it seems Corsairs excel at both categories. Corsairs have been shown some love in terms of bossing. Can't Archers get some love in the CWK exchange farming category? :(

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:50 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I've been kinda down with server for a while (endgame bossing being a joke unless you farm Mesos, WS prices going up and so on, I enjoy more farming cards on my bishop that is ofc low lv) and knowing the trend of the server if WS or CS are added to bossing they will be so little that it won't make any impact like the extra way of getting WS did nothing. My message is I'm wellcoming to be impressed but most likely nothing will change enough to make bossing or endgame better, is not being upset cos of my asumption is just specting nothing too big.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    This but actually 2030.

To be fair the conclusion you're making is too premature.
    The CWK Exchange has been going for like 3 weeks now? And we're getting a good amount of datasets to probably compare and rationalize the "income" made from the exchange.
    In my opinion, for the 5 runs I've made (2x BF and 3x Scambani) I would say that, even with my shitty gear, I would be more profitable to consume a little less time and do the 25x4 exchange for 3.5m without raffling.
    But by seeing the data, both BF and WS are right now at an almost 10% of the raffle, of course its biased cus we don't have much data (I presume it will round down to <=5% by when we have tracked over 500~1000 raffles in the thread).

But still... a 5% shot to get 40m or 180m is not that bad.

If WS/CS are added to bosses (instanced) such as Zak, Scarga, Krex, HT and such would provide (if drop rates are low) an higher meso output per run.
    I wouldn't be so uncertain that we won't be seeing in the near future instanced bosses have a 50% chance of dropping 1 WS / 1 CS in a run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    6:50 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    pretty cool to see whats in the works! the proposed solutions come across as thoughtful and im interested to see how they all play out.
    i especially like the safety charm things with the ankh thats cool

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I'm speaking about the trend that the server has had, the raffle could get nerfed if a lot of people start doing it like they nerfed the drop rate of NT weapons when they got added because people started going to NT and kill bosses, the usual fix to anything in this game comes in form of a nerf and when something good is added it has to be toned down like we have seen with event lately. I just spect any new feature to be toned down just in case it breaks the game and then, later on, be too afraid of buffing it, I know I keep bringing back NT but that content is so poorly done, it came out people did it cos of the hype then stopped doing it because they realized they could get more doing something else (unless you are a crazy person like me and kill the bosses no matter what), now to turn the interest of people back to NT again they made bosses drop weapons and when people started doing exactly that go and kill bosses to get weapons they just nerfed it and now to rub the salt they made NT weapons outdated thanks to PB, yep you need NT weapons to craft them but you can just buy them from PB runners or get a crappy NT weapon which is kinda easy to get since mules to make coin farming way too easy(this could happen to the raffle, make a raffle to create more WS, people get more WS ok let's nerf).

I kinda rather having a point system in bosses like post big bang has (reward points) to get the WS and CS. I spect the WS and CS to be like Timeless weapons and any good drop from PB a good drop that I will see when I go to a run but won't be able to afford cos I just boss and I don't make farm mules.

I don't know why now WS are so expensive could it be the lack of offer? or is it because of meso inflation? I remember on the first weeks of ML buying a 4w att cape for 30M. Anyways as I said many times before on this post, my expectations are low due to how the server has been evolving thru the years but I Wellcome to be surprised, I do want things to go better but after all this time with nerf after nerf on bosses and how PB turned out to be, an overhyped boss that gets you meso if you are lucky (like pretty much any boss), let me look at things with a grain of salt and not jump into the hype train.

6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:50 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I mean with NT weapons, if it drops too often, the prices would go down anyway. The problem with a lot of how the game is designed is that it's completely reliant on supply vs. demand. There's no in-built system that pads the bottom line of items. Like for OSRS you have high alching which would at least prevent prices from going down below a certain amount. For BDO, you have pretty insane item sinks in the forms of repairing durability if you fail an upgrade on a weapon + the weapon enhancing material themselves.

MapleStory doesn't have any of that, so it's completely reliant on how many people want the said item (NT weapons). But if every boss drops like 1 weapon minimum, then server would be over saturated with it sort of like how you see Meteor/Blizzard books. Additionally, with pservers, demand will also never be high enough to sustain those prices, since after a while people would stop having the need to upgrade said weapons.

Just having higher rates isn't the solution to everything.

Does that mean I (personally) think that NT is perfect content that shouldn't change? No, ofc not. Everything has room for improvement, but I personally think the crux of the issue has to do with the fundamentals of the game. You can have buffs to NT, but most of what's been suggested have been quite short term imo. We like looking at long-term solutions, and that's what the change we're discussing internally has to do with. Long-term longevity & health of the server & economy. Being able to move away from simple supply vs. demand adjustments to prices, cus in the end, as the server gets older and older, less people will need certain items. *points to 60% scroll market*

I unfortunately can't divulge more on what's in the works, but you'll probably hear about it sometime down the line. We're looking forward to lots of feedback on it, so that we can gauge whether the server is interested in such a change and what potential concerns there might be with it (that we might have overlooked).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't say always more rate is always better I just point that once it was added it got nerfed almost instantaneously due to the drop rate and could happen to the WS on the exchange too any time. For things like this, I get why Maplestory put most if not all the character improvements into NPCs or a system that doesn't need trading, like books, they were a time-bomb the moment the server started since its value will go down overtime until they become useless, that's why now there is an NPC selling them; same with any upgrades you can do to a weapon: potential, buy cubes with reward points that you get by beating bosses or well use real money or legion coins. Scrolls now use a spelltrace system and unless you use event or gachapon scrolls you most likely use the spell tace system (collect spelltraces from mobs and use them to make scrolls for your weapon). The economy is mostly for craft materials to create these items to improve your weapon or equips that people use or use to revive a boomed weapon.
    I do get why we can't have anything too op that's why I don't spect anything crazy, is old maple and it has a lot of issues. For this, that's why the only thing I can ever think of is the reward points system from post-bb and even then it has to be tweaked super hard due to multiclienting x-x so yeah, old maple issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Ele-pierce and MTK crafting prices have entered the chat. I'm holding out to see if this boss revamp is worth the hype. In terms of current NT, however, it's an area ripe for excessive muling. I've felt like a big reason nothing is allowed to drop in NT bosses is because the coins reach ridiculous levels if you bring in like 15 clients, and only takes a level 100 char to get in. Then the boss is suddenly 15x more profitable (the miles are a sunk cost anyways). It really does feel like NT drops were designed its heavy mulability. If a person wants to meaningfully attack on multiple characters at once that's a different topic altogether, but if a proposed boss system is more mule2win than this game already is, I doubt I personally would stick around. Game already caters to players who pay2win a computer capable of 6+ clients :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    10:50 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:50 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    We didn't touch on skill changes at all, so there's hope and despair for all classes still left in the air xD

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If muling is an issue can't you have the boss hp scale with the amount of runners, for example each extra character adds another 50% of the bosses base hp.

That way it still pays off to run with multiple people but having afk characters would slow you down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    6:50 AM
    good idea, just like ntpq

13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    T
    Time to make it 1party max + change prequest to lvl 150+

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    Would really love for NT bosses to be limited to 1 party max if that allows drops to happen more frequently. 150+ requirement I'm not sure about though because I was grinding ntpq before 150.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Okay, that’s true. But it’s pretty ridiculous how ppl can bring in like 5-10 lvl 100 mules and just get coins. That’s also how coin service dropped and MTKs and other crafting stuff

16. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Instead of an expedition, make the NT NPCs enter you and your immediate party, just like jiaoceng, to limit the boss to 1 party.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Cheol

Cheol Mano

Dec 3, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Cheol
    I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster
    Pawcifists
    Honestly its really hard to balance based on everyone’s opinion.

“Hey lets make every class good at mobbing”, hey isnt that how post big bang maple is like? BMs having a big squarish mobbing skill?

“archers and warriors are so immobile”, hey lets give everyone flash jump

The truth is, certain jobs are important for their role in game..

Archers with their low mobility, terrible mobbing and their shit avoidability (being ping ponged by HT tail) are compensated by having one of the most essential buffs in the game.

I’ve always joked about giving shifter to us archer because of much we get ping ponged around. But BM have a better life than MM, due to the ability to hold down the direction key while hurricaning.

Honestly, increasing the aggro range of the mobs will make puppet even worse, due to how puppet works now. I cant knockback pirate boss without apple, so i puppet pirate on the right. But this means the the NL on the left have to keep his distance (beyond the portal).

You know whats the worse job in ML?
    Bowmasters.
    Reason:

BECAUSE I CANT TYPE WHILE BOSSING, if i spend 3 secs to type my sentence, i lose potentially 8arrows/s x 3s = 24 arrows of damage. So everyone is gonna be like “why this BM so unsociable”… I cant let go of my hurricane… especially when im appling on pirate boss… (havent maxed hamstring)

On discord call: “Hey KinksKinks can you help me reply to that guy thanks”

Yes, the biggest downside of BM is the social aspect…

edit: yes poor mobbing and farming but whatever

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Kinks

Kinks Horny Mushroom

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Kinks
    Buccaneer
    Pacifists
    idk i havent been keeping up with this thread i just got tagged,, but from the tldr it seems: BMs get urself an egirl that will transcribe what u say in discord call..

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Hmm. You're right. I didn't consider the mobs at CWKPQ. But that shouldn't be an issue, if the melees clear the mobs. Also, i'm assuming they have different mob IDs?

There's a neat little trick you can do to type, use the in-game macros for 3 strafes =)

20. Cheol

Cheol Mano

Dec 3, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Cheol
    I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster
    Pawcifists
    How do i quote…

But… why would i strafe if i have hurricane :( i like the wings

Is strafe dps with SI comparable to hurricane?