1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

balancing out BM

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dee<3, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Dee<3

Dee<3 Mano

Jun 28, 2018
    Female
    6:45 PM
    Corason
    Ranger
    Twice
    it seems like Bishops are extremely OP, and playing without a bishop in disposal is extremely hard, to the point that I feel other jobs come a bit obsolete.

while priests become a handy asset at lvl 82 (with full hs and door) hunter become semi-useful only around lvl 150 when they finish Maxing BE, SE, and hurricane.

so I was thinking, maybe, replace (the very useless) inferno skill with SE or BE allowing hunters a more efficient training and make them useful to other players a little earlier in the game.

because currently, even in my 100+ lvls I feel no one really wants to play with hunters since we don't provide any sort of party buff or boost and...it feels meh.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:45 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Bowmen already received a 14% damage buff from critical buffs alone. Strafe was also buffed. If you want to get to 15x as any primarily single target class, you should really make a mage.

Think of yourself as a mule with a handy buff for the NL. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dee<3

Dee<3 Mano

Jun 28, 2018
    Female
    Corason
    Ranger
    Twice
    if the idea is to increase the sense of community, then giving single target classes a party buff should be a priority.
    "go play with yourself" is what I already do, but it's much easier with 9 channels instead of 6.

4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:45 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I must have been too loose with my words so I'll apologise but let me clarify.
    I own a bowmaster and as long as you max SE first, you're all set to party with others. Bow Expert isn't going to do that much if your goal is as stated in the above. Not going to comment about their lackluster damage though...
    Whatever your case may be, there's no chance for something like SE to be moved to a third job skill just like how it is with SI.
    Also (you'll probably hear this a lot) this server is 2x and not intended to have fast level progression. As long as you do your part in a party, I see no reason why you'll be partyless after the channels decrease :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

5:45 PM
    Bowmasters dont need anymore buffs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    1:45 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    by level 100 you should have either max strafe or arrow rain. You can clear jr newties pretty well from a distance, or you can train and make a lot of money at Spirit Vikings if you spam arrow rain at the sweet spot. This is on the solo training side though, I suggest doing this until level 105 then head to gallos where you can train with a party. From there priests should value you more when training with them

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:45 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Corsairs are trash until 4th job (past lvl 137, max cannon shooter/bulleye)
    **we also dont provide any party buffs at all**

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Dee<3

Dee<3 Mano

Jun 28, 2018
    Female
    Corason
    Ranger
    Twice
    I feel the struggle!

9. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:45 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Rangers and Snipers do have the utility move of Puppet in 3rd job, which could be very useful while bossing. I feel like many people do not make the most of this skill (because of puppet, archers can start bossing earlier than other ranged classes). Also, Inferno is not useless, it is a fantastic ranged AOE skill that is used to bring mobs that are out of range, into range (Arrow Bomb has a similar AOE but it stuns, so not useful for luring). Because a lot of archer grinding is centered on sniping, this is a useful ability to have.

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:45 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Once you get to 4th job, literally everyone will want you :D 3rd job is always slow for everyone, but that's usually because most of the people are leeching (sad fact, but true). Once you get to 135, you'll be wanted in Zak runs, and perhaps even horntail runs if there's no SE in the level range.

Just wait it out, but our class re-balancing recently really helped you guys out with damage. We touched up a 1st job skill (critical shot), so your 3rd job life also got impacted with those changes (positively of course)~

11. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:45 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Inferno isn't completely useless, but definitely underwhelming even when maxed considering that when Arrow Bomb crits it actually does more damage than Inferno would (except mobs weak vs fire), and that you'd find yourself using Arrow Rain more because it's not impacted by minimum range (and hits harder too). I mean you could occasionally find a bunch of mobs far away that you could use Inferno. However but by 4th job with SE Arrow Bomb quickly catches up damage-wise due to the way critical works for that skill.

Inferno could use a very minor buff, like somewhere between 160%-180% when maxed, otherwise every other skill Ranger has is fine, though you could even argue that they're fine even w.o Inferno buff since Arrow Rain is already good enough for training.