1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandit Changes I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xDarkomantis, Sep 12, 2022.

1. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    2:53 PM
    With the work that the Dev was able to make to update Assassinate, Shadowers will feel more satisfying to play in 4th job and bring up Shads up a notch. And while I know people will think that Shadowers will be in a good spot and can be left alone for other classes, I still think there's some things that could use adjusting for the Bandit class as a whole (and slight touch up on Warriors too).

Changes that I'd like to see:

[-] Shield for Str / Luk scrolls to have weapon attack (i.e. 10/30%: +2 atk and 60/70% +1 Atk)

Why?: I think if Shields for Str / Luk receive this change, it'll give these scrolls a better purpose and allow Bandits & Shield Page/Fighters with lower funding to have better scaling throughout the game. Currently, the prices for the Shield for Atk scrolls makes it difficult to afford scrolling a good shield or even to afford a decently scrolled shield besides a poorly scrolled shield (or just using a clean shield). Additionally, non-Bandit/Warrior players will be able to yield better profit selling these scrolls and making (weaker) good shields to Thieves/Warriors with them being more useful.

[-] Buff Double Stab

Why?: It's well known that Double Stab is a subpar skill that Sindit remains the most efficient skill build to play (and being useful in LPQ). If you max this skill, then you're met with low varied damage output and burning pots getting up close on mobs due to its short range compared to Lucky 7 where you're attacking from a range (saving on pots) and have solid damage. While people might use the excuse of Nostalgia to keep Double Stab in its current state while being perfectly okay with 4th job QoL changes/Buffs & other changes, I think if it doesn't take much work on the Devs part then Double stab should be buffed to be useable (and not a struggle) when maxing it. This will allow Bandits to go a more Mastery / Haste build in the early levels of 2nd job if they want to and upgrade Savage blow in the middle of 2nd job or after max Mastery first into Booster / Savage Blow.

Can see my previous vote poll thread about buffing Double Stab, it seems players are somewhat receptive towards changing Double Stab.

[-] Meso Guard increased to 180 seconds

Why?: Currently, Meso Guard feels awkward as you'll need to rebuff on rotation every 2 minutes compared to your other buffs (Booster, Haste, Pickpocket) which are 180 seconds. In the later pre-BB patches, Meso Guard was actually updated to have 120 seconds at level 1 and 180 seconds at max level. While the Staff may or may not be interested in having the duration being buffed to 120 seconds at level 1, the skill duration should be brought in line with the other Bandit buffs duration at max level.

[-] Savage Blow / Band of Thieves to have their scaling restructured

Why?: Seeing the Crusher scaling rebalance in the patch notes, I wanted to throw out possibly fixing up the awkward scaling for Savage Blow and Band of Thieves too. This isn't a must have change but more of a QoL if the Staff/Kimmy feels like it.

In the later pre-BB patches, Band of Thieves was buffed to have 250% damage at Max level instead of 210%. I don't know if the Damage buff will be considered in this Private server given the viability of Meso Exploding for faster leveling and causing Shadower to have a better cleave in 3+ target situations but it'd be nice for players who'd want to grind without blowing out their wallets.

[-] Assaulter activation range increased

Why?: The reduced delay between Assaulters makes this very skill satisfying to use when training in Himes/Gallos among other areas. However, I just wish the activation range to assault to a mob was increased as I feel the distance is too short (and could reach up slightly higher vertically). I'm aware the range was increased in the pre-BB later patch (and other servers have incorporated this change but not reducing delay after skill usage). I hope this will be considered.

(Note: I won't comment on Shield Mastery and Shields defense stat as I don't know what the plans are for the Defense Formula rework)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    I wanted to add another suggestion:

[-] Implement v92 Steal version: increased attack range to match animation (rather than melee attack range), increased scaling to 130% (from 100%), and does an AoE attack (mob count 2 ~ 4)

Why?: I think Steal is a bit lackluster and could use the better scaling. I want to see how Bandits would play out with this skill change as this was only seen very late into pre-bb.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    another suggestion:

[-] Increase the vertical reach of Band of Thieves

Why?: When I'm in Zakum doing bottom arms, I feel like Band of Thieves should be able to hit 2 arms during my Bstep-BoT macro. Would be a nice QoL :pinkbean: