1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Old School Memories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vampiredio, Apr 9, 2021.

1. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    6:04 AM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    I'm sure tons of these threads have been made, chatting about everyone's best memories in the good ol' days, but I'm in the mood to read through some nostalgia and relive some of my childhood vicariously through all of you.

I started playing around 2007/08, my first character was a magician who I got to ~lv 30, had never job advanced, and accidentally sold all my potions. I then proceeded to quit the game out of baby rage in childlike confusion. My first "competent" character was a NW I got to 114, still mad I didn't get to 120 in the days when CK capped at 120.

I think my personal favorite memories were taking my shitty little netbook over to my neighborhood friends' house and sitting in their basement playing for hours. I don't think we ever got very far (probably nothing past second job since we were all around 8/9 and didn't know anything about the game LMAO). Before I downloaded the game for myself I also used to watch my older brother play for literal hours, I was so fascinated with the music and look of the game, it was like nothing I had ever seen (or played).

I also remember that I had a "maple boyfriend" named Ethan who proposed to me in-game, and I was so nervous about this idea that I asked my parents if it was okay for me to get married to someone in a video game LUL (they said no feelsbad).

As a side note, I've been trying to look into some of the old school meta since I missed out on that, so if anyone has any good resources to read up on please pass them my way!

2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    9:04 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    You must be Asian

3. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    LMAOOOOO... I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm white </3

4. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    9:04 AM
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    I remember way back on the day I made a cleric, my first ever character. Me knowing absolutely nothing thought: "I dont want to miss! So I need dex!" End up having over 40 dex.
    Not too long after I found a Leather purse Killing Green Mushies in Henesys Hunting Grounds, so guess what, I thought It would be a great idea to have 20 str in order to use the purse. I thought it looked super cute.MapleF6
    I also whent to Amoria and did the Beauty or Beast, after getting the 25 Squishy Liquids i got my ticket... I was so excited, I wanted to see my character just as pretty as everybody's because as a child I had no money and my parents didn't believe in spending money on a free video game.
    Long story short I got this abomination upload_2021-4-9_10-3-42.png
    Terrible, Horrible... I quited that same day and created a bowman.
    With that same bowman I thought I could explore because i had so much Hp! so I went to ludibrium died in the 40th floor taking me to Omega Setor... I was lvl 28 when that happened trapping me forever on Omega Sector because Black golems Insta-killed me. Since I didnt knew how to speak english back then I asked my brother's friend for help, he went there defamed me, smiled and left.
    That bowman is still there on omega sector waiting for help.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    LMAO.. getting characters accidentally trapped in high level locations is still so funny. I think I got stuck in Omega Sector too at some point, so you're not alone there haha. I also remember getting shitty hairstyles from the free exp tickets in those "makeover" events where using the coupon would randomize your hair, face and skin colour all at the same time. It was really fun to roll randomly and see what you'd get, but you'd also get stuck looking horribly ugly for an unknown amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    9:04 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    My memories is the black cab in Lith Harbor. There's "click me" sign above the cab, so I thought it was meant to guide new players to bring me to my first job advancement.
    Bam I was sent to cave full of horny zombie mushroom

7. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    My favorites moments in GMS were
    1) killing noobs at golem pit (at warning street, henesys dungeon entrance) saying we will give people free mesos.
    2) Balrog summoning when people afk in towns. Feels good to at least 50 people. Omegapoggers
    3) NX surveys ftw.
    4) People getting hacked for sending account credential to people for zhelm services
    5) Blacklisting noobs for their griefs and then we ks them until they quit maple sit tory KEKW
    6) Mass defamining people before logging off .
    7) 6 man parties at ant tunnel. pogchamp
    8) Making fun of noobs with meso explosion bait. When they say "me50z P10x", I drop mesos, they attempt to come and I meso bomb. Poor noobs
    9) Henesys hunting ground 1 ch1 but mage ult everywhere on the map for flex and with loud earrape sounds.
    10) Killing noobs with mystic door bait.
    11) Playing tag with a Iron hogs at pig beach while training.
    12) Getting stuck in sleepywood because you couldn't survive the mobs.
    13) Putting STR on mage because hitting 1 damage at maple island wants you to kill yourself only to realize it was useless.
    14) when maplestory was a real adventure game with friends when nobody knew the meta about the game.
    15) being called a pleb for not equipping a single cash item while my bros dress up cute waifus with cash items.
    16) scrolling every armor with hp/defense scrolls so that I don't get 1 shotted by skeles omegalul. I still get 1 shotted.
    17) putting LUK on mage because I just followed what the game just said.
    18) flexing 30k damage with meso explosion at level 70 and people called me hacker.
    19) 2 shotting rombot at CPQ as a sin. Feels good man.
    20) shadowers suck. 99% thieves are night lords. Poor chadowers never even made to 4th job except me.
    21) shadowers do suck.

I miss good old degenerate real old school 2003 mushroom game experience days. Too bad we can't recreate the real and authentic gms-like nostalgia experience because of TOS feelsBadMan.

8. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    9:04 AM
    [​IMG]

Actually, for my first character I did the opposite. I made an archer and got him all the way to 25, except I spammed DEX most of the way. So, I couldn't put on the Green Bennis Chainmail, or any of the Level 25 stuff for that matter. Knowing how long it would take to get to 26 I just kinda gave him up and started a new character.

I think my all-time favorite Maple memory from back in the day was listening to my iTunes playlist while grinding at Pig Beach on my perma beginner. It was a bright summer, that one. Don't remember where he ended up at, but I like to think my current beginner, Sirbeg, is the very same character.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    You know what happens when you accidentally hit that iron hog. Its a fun game of tag at that point.

10. Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    3:04 PM
    Natan1
    Bandit
    For me, its the whole accuracy thing. I started a warrior in 2006 in the Bera server in GMS. After that, I added only STR and had no idea why I have Misses in my attacks.
    Generally, the whole ignorance thing back then was both a good and a bad thing at the same time.

11. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    there's no way you're the only person who fell for the classic "click me" cab that takes you to impending doom. such a misleading sign for noobs haha

12. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    you sound like you were a toxic asf player LMAOOO... I basically just hung out and made friends in between my short lived grind sessions. I don't ever remember being super hardcore harassed or jebaited by more experienced players, all of my memories with strangers were typically helpful and fairly positive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Bro on GOD some of the best memories I have are listening to music and getting in that grind rhythm of just straight up vibing and training. I definitely remember having super long convos in the chat window while grinding at Haunted House for literal hours, I'm sure I'd look back and think they were stupid as fuck conversations but at the time I recall them being ""deep"" or at least vaguely substantial. I think the first time I picked up Maple was during summer vacation, I would get up early every morning to use my mom's desktop computer for a couple hours before she woke up and needed to use it for work; those are some very good memories.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:49 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Not my best memory but an extrmeely memorable one that I had my 200 party on the boat to Orbis because of this. I was taunting Crimson Balrog by throwing out all my items on the ship and BAM they show up and kill me instantly. I was floating there with all my items on top of me. I quit that world and moved to Cassiopeia (was in Bootes).

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1