1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update [Beta Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Gustavosama

Gustavosama King Slime

May 12, 2020
    Male
    9:24 AM
    Hunter, Bowmaster
    I wanna ask any GM, what happened to the situation with people that added INT and wants to hop in the challenge system, also (in my case) that bloodwashed and have added so many points directly to HP at every level.
    In this post, nothing is addressed in that regard, and many people commented on the first post made about the HP challenge system.
    Is there something gonna be done about it, like restoring people's AP from HP for example once accepting the challenge or do we have to go through the burden of voting for like 6 months to wash it out to participate? (also pointing out that even trying to do so there are maaany points that are gonna be lost forever in the conversion due to this: for ie 1 AP added directly to HP gives you HP +16 (in my case right now), but when trying to wash points from HP to your main stat (to recover it and participate) it deducts -20 HP, losing 4hp for every point you previously added when leveling, leading to complete lose of many points at the end (in this case 1AP lost per lvl, meaning only 4 AP points per lvl are gonna survive, translating to losing a whole level worth of points per 5 levels bloodwashed), and imo i dont think it is fair since this was done without knowledge that an amazing solution was gonna be done in the near future.

I would like to ask for some clarification on that if there's a decision already made.

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:24 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    We will not be intervening with anyone's AP points or refunding any AP resets to accommodate for bloodwashed characters.

The Alpha test and the general idea of our challenges was announced nearly 5 months ago and will still take some time before it'll be fully functioning and active on the live servers. We believe this to be an adequate timeframe for anyone to reset out their AP from the HP/MP pool if they desire to take part in the challenges.

Points that are invested into INT can be taken out at any stage during the challenges. It will be up to you to decide whether or not it's worth going for the challenges when already deep into your washing or to continue the washing process.

As for your personal case, it seems like you have heavily bloodwashed your character without ever adding INT which means your in a bit of a pickle and I understand if our response causes any frustration from your side. I'm not sure how much points you have bloodwashed but it looks like you've opted to severely handicap your character damage wise and now are in a position that you might not be able to ever wash out the bloodwashed AP because you won't have enough excess HP/MP to do so. We understand that this is rough but we do not feel responsible for the choices you've made in the past.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    9:24 PM
    Beginner
    Just one suggestion for a replacement/new optional quest

Suggestion is to introduce "content" to players. Important quest that unlocks bosses can be the quest to be completed. Of course more thoughts might have to be put into this. These are just suggestions
    lvl 100 - The Great Secret Reveals (to obtain white essence for Capt. Latanica)
    lvl 110 - Bounty Master (the quest that obtain Silver Deputy Star, featuring Big Foot)
    lvl 120 - Sealing Ravana (the quest to obtain your first sunbursts)
    lvl 130 - A Piece of Crack (quest for PAP)
    lvl 140 - TBD (Krexel)
    lvl 150 - TBD (JC)
    lvl 160 - TBD (Hero Will Quest since some classes already will need Dragon Elixir)
    lvl 170 - TBD (first NT quest)
    lvl 180 - TBD (PB pre quest till getting marble)

Got lazy at the end so the quest names are TBD. The quest names might be wrong

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Does anyone know what the equip as a stand in for reward will be?

5. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    here is a challenge i thought of for u:
    stop posting

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    This is exactly the kind of challenges I am hoping to see. Killing some monsters is fine but it's not very fun or different. The challenges should encourage the players to explore the Maple World and engage with all its different features and systems.

Jump quests, hidden maps and npcs, quest lines, boss monsters, crafting, leveling a pet, trying different cosmetic styles and outfits, PQs, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Gustavosama

Gustavosama King Slime

May 12, 2020
    Male
    Hunter, Bowmaster
    Well, I guess it is what it is, I still don't understand the total negative on making life easyer by resetting the points by hopping in the challenge (at least my view as a player that has no context of what happens in the background, like coding it etc), the challenge like you said was announced 5 months ago, but ive been building my character since almost 3 years ago, so ever since there was no solution for the HP without washing through adding INT, thing/playstyle I never accepted and never did... It is frustrating, guess we'll have to deal with it if we wanna keep playing.

Anyways, thank you for answering Nightz it's nice to have some clarification.

I'm a lil confused about how to proceed, should I buy ap resets and wash from HP to my main stat until the HP pool is grayed out before accepting the challenge? I mean i kinda forgot the exact amount of points I added, I know they were many levels worth of points, not sure of the exact amount, so should I proceed that way or what do you recommend so I don't make mistakes to be eligible for the system whenever it releases

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:24 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    What if
    you can use discord bot to $bloodwash to check aps into hp/mp, the other part of u question Nightz can explain better

9. kokonutpunk

kokonutpunk Red Snail

Feb 26, 2023
    Male
    kokonutpunk
    woot

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    6:24 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I feel like a challenge should be something that isn't normally done, a challenge should be what it states "a challenge", doing something that you're going to be doing regardless isn't going to make a challenge - a challenge.

Although their post was removed, this is what I've meant that the community isn't "friendly" if you don't want to see someone posting something there's an ignore button for a reason.

Basically telling someone to "stfu" isn't friendly, even if what they are posting is completely a shtpost.

If thats how they feel about about something, address them with "something that they can take with a grain of salt" it's their own feedback or suggestion on something, don't be mean.

11. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    9:24 PM
    Beginner

I think it depends on what you mean by normal. There are players that do not even do some of these quests. On top of that, this suggestion is to replace or give an additional choice to the optional challenge, not the main challenge. I truly believe any of the quest above is more challenging than using 100 town portal scrolls or change your hairstyle, so it does fit the "challenge" you seek. Of course the details are not fully out since the only quests we can base our suggestion on is merely for the level 100 hp challenges.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. DzenowaRAVE

DzenowaRAVE Mano

Jun 1, 2022
    US
    DzenowaPLUIR
    Cleric
    Rainbow
    This is such a great idea thank you for testing and implementing it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    im not unfriendly FoxF4

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    The post Snorf replied to was absolutely meant for no purpose other than to annoy.

Telling someone to stop posting garbage isn't unfriendly, it's working towards a better forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    stop posting

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Telling someone to not post is unfriendly, you're basically telling them to not speak at all.

Forums are meant for people to suggest or mention things wether it sounding completely troll as their suggestion, a suggestion is still a suggestion same with feedback.

Telling someone to "stop posting" isn't going to make the forum a better place, if someone thats completely new begins to post whats on their mind as a suggestion and being told "stop posting" again even if it is a shtpost that shtpost is going to be feedback for staff regardless. Although their post got removed it still counted as feedback to the challenge system.

It's rather toxic to tell someone to not speak their mind, their opinion will still help out even if their post gets removed, staff will still consider part of their idea or none of it at all, Let's not deter people away from giving feedback or a suggestion.
    I know you're a good guy Snorf, but your post was sort of mean towards them. *hugs*

17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't let those puppy eyes fool you, Snorf is bad to the bone :cool:

Let's keep this on topic and see constructive suggestions as they are being read by staff. Certainly there's valuable input to be made. I know I'm still quoting you but I mean it in general.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I finished the challenges with my I/L Mage @ level 107-108. My analysis and feedback are as follows:
    (Please do not take anything here personally, I'm critical of the function made, not the person making it - I very much appreciate anything anyone does to add to this game)

The optional change of face/hair is just an NX sink. No biggie - and a couple of the haircuts were hilarious!

The Return Scrolls was a short nuisance bouncing between the 7 Vic Island Towns. It's a decent meso sink, I guess. It bordered on tedious, but it didn't "last long" enough to become a real irritant.

The Crimson Balrogs at first I thought would take forever, but then I did one round of them and realized it's only 5 times I have to do this, not 10, because the Balrogs attack in pairs. I've experienced worse trying to get their cards (and I've gotten 60 cards total). I think this challenge is fine on it's own.

[Insert type here] of Damage - WAY TOO EASY!! Stupidly ridiculously easy to the point of asking..."Why bother having this as a challenge given..."

Defeat 10,000 mobs: This was gruesome - but I'm not one that likes grinding for grinding sake, so please understand where I'm coming from. The Damage aspect was completed within the first 50 mobs killed and yet I still have 9,950 to go...just dumb! My current challenge is to go for as near-completion of Monster Cards as possible as I make my way up to 120, and Deep Ludi just so happened to be an area I needed to hit. Now, it was both fortunate and unfortunate that the first 6,000 kills were farming 4 cards from Dark Klocks. You heard me! I'm not sure what's worse, Dark Klocks or Ashigarus - seriously, WTF!!? I got my Blue Cards in Ludi finished (that's the Dark Blue, not the Cyan cards) The other 4,000 consisted of Buffoons and Deep Buffoons, Ghost Ships, Death Teddies, and Master Death Teddies. As an I/L, I found the Soul Teddies and Master Soul Teddies a bit of a speed bump, but when it came to Master Death Teddies, I was blessed when ign iPippy came along and was willing to share the map with me to get the last 3 Master Death Teddy cards. Some of these mobs that are resistant to every element I use is not fun.

Since I try for expediency, these challenges were manageable, but 10,000 felt a bit much.

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    4:24 PM
    Liffon
    Priest
    I think a good idea is to add not only time based challenges (like damage dealing) but also skill based (like jump quests).
    Im trying to thing of other skill based challenges, what do you guys thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:24 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Jump quest as an optional challenge would be a great addition imo.

• Agree Agree x 2