1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Better banner pic

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by House M.D., Jun 8, 2015.

1. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    6:37 AM
    ZErC3Dv.png

I have no idea who that guy (or girl) is, wearing those weird glasses.

I think we should put someone there that a Maplestory player from 2005-2008 will instantly recognize. Something that will evoke memories. My suggestions:

npc439.png

npc132.gif

npc023.gif

2. Segovia

Segovia Orange Mushroom

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    9:37 AM
    Meme
    Fighter
    buttstoof
    I personally find the characters from the current banner nostalgic, as they were used on most maplestory advertisements / game cards from 2005 -2008. I think most oldschool players will remember them.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    2:37 PM
    Only thing I would change is adding that we are PC and MAC compatible.

And put v.62 with a dot.

4. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    I just want the TXT from that banner >.>

5. Granberg

Granberg The one and only

May 13, 2015
    Male
    Granberg
    Ranger
    Quest
    Clearly you don't remember, but back in the days Neckson released Maplestory wallpaper along with calendars and small animated videos , where they would use those characters we're talking back in 2005-2008 which is what you're talking about, IMO I connect those characters more with the old Maplestory than the npc's you posted

if you're talking about the font, Manual Round Black looks to be it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    That's exactly what they are. OnionXD

I actually really like the banner, and when I saw the bowman and the mage I instantly recognized them as former artwork of the classes. Those NPCs you suggested are still being used so it's not really nostalgic.

LOL that dude from Leafre? As if most of us even reached a level higher than 40. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    So I'm just gonna move this to rejected. Banner was designed by @Casual@Casual and is going to match with the new website that we are trying to work on.
    The previous banner was designed by me but I'm not a graphic designer so it was pretty plain/simple:

[​IMG]

I certainly cannot do any better, but if anybody ever feels like they wish to improve on it, they are free to try their hand at it.