1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blacklist change

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by beamcasting, Mar 6, 2016.

1. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    2:47 AM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    At the moment if you blacklist someone you cant see bl/guild/ally chat and smegas (i think?)
    but you can still see /all chat, now why am i thinking to block /all chat? its because if you think that you hate somone really bad you should have the ability to ignore them 100%.

PROS: any drama can be prevented

CONS: people will be ignored more often

thoughts? opinions?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:47 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    +1
    If someone was to make your game less fun, I think there should be an option to prevent this from happening. After all we all play this for fun...

Edit: after thinking about it for a bit it has both pros and cons.
    If someone is not able to talk to you in any way you can never say sorry <-- I know I prob won't ever blacklist anyone who is capable of saying sorry (yes there is a toxic part of the community who just want drama, and would never say sorry (unrelated))

Hmm I am kinda torn, overall I still agree with you and would like a complete removal of all interaction with this person.

For me personally I only have 3 people in my blacklist and I always try to keep a friendly relation to everyone (cuz this is why I play, to have fun, not to argue/fight with people), And with current settings I already hardly if ever interact with them.

So still +1, but not priority #1

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    idk about all but i do believe people should not be able to whisper you anymore. I believe this is still possible aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    7:47 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    I was just about to post this. Seems silly that blacklisted people can still whisper you.

5. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    2:47 AM
    people cry too much , if u cant take someone telling u to stfu or stop crying or bitching etc, maybe there is a reason someone is telling you these things

People don;t just randomly log on and say "hmm ima fuck shit up today and bother so and so because i'm bored" there was most likely something that you did but whatever your not gonna be able to block there all chat just dont start trouble with people .. Though if they're being annoying i understand , but not just simple "stfu's" and "fuck yous"

---edit

I might be saying "you" and such , im just talking in general not singling you or anyone else out

People need to start toughening up and stop acting like 12 year olds , this server is suppose to be GMS like , youre supposed to be allowed to ks and get away with it without someone bitching and moaning to a gm within 1 minute same for talking shit to someone . Especially if you hear it through the grapevine , if someone talks about somebody they have on their blacklist , then whats the point of the blacklist? if you cant keep their name out your mouth why should they not be able to tell you to stfu and stop talkin about them?

just my 50 cent

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Moderator Post
    Blacklist is 100% client sided and cannot be modified. However, some sources are telling me it used to block whispers too and no longer does so. However, if it never did, it cannot be added.

• Like Like x 1