1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blast from the past!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryae, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    5:26 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I recently spent a week at my parent's, and since I didn't have my computer I just ended up cleaning my old room and playing old ps2 games and I found a ton of old maple-related things (seriously there were maple doodles and shit everywhere I forgot how obsessed I was with this game lol). So I thought I might as well share some old treasures ^^ !
    I tried to up the contrast a bit but it's still hard to read ><
    Interesting to compare to today :0 I wish it had a date on it though..
    [​IMG]
    Doodles of my old character in marker...? bahaha there were just pages of these for every expression lol. Lots of random doodles in my books from waiting for ships
    [​IMG]
    I pinned this to a board for some reason?? LOL so proud of my poor spending choices? I liked these so much since they actually had maple characters on them ^^
    Also, did anyone ever try Audition? I never tried it but I remember being really surprised when they added a second game bahaha
    [​IMG]
    This was actually a gift from a friend! She said she saw it at the store and it said MapleStory on it so she bought it for me, having no idea what it was haha. Don't remember exactly what I got from the code (some kinda..ankh or something? dunno) but it wasn't terribly exciting lol. For some reason I also felt compelled to save the wrapper? LOL
    I never played the actual game :x
    [​IMG]
    I still have these on my keys and school bag! It was the only Maple merch I could find..I bought them from some rando on ebay. I think somewhere Menma also has a blue snail and a horny mushroom one ^^
    They made a couple others--the lady extra from Showa and one other I don't recall? They're from Japan so maybe another Showa monster :0
    [​IMG]

That's all! Hope you enjoyed the flashback ^^ cheers!

• Like Like x 18
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    6:26 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    SO CUTE!!
    The only thing that I have is the memories, no real products no nothing SlimeCry

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    That's ok that means you didn't dump all your money on it like I did LOL :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    9:26 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    The notes on the market values is certainly relatable as i used to write them on notebooks too back before big bang arrived!
    I bought the TCG combo pack that came with the GMS client CD but i'm not sure on where i placed it now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    1:26 AM
    Defender
    We had NX Cash Europe cards, they could be bought from a supermarket. It was 10k or 25k nx. I always bought the 10k ones because they had a warrior picture on it <3 (Sorry no pics)

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Hello friends! I had to clean out a lot of stuff before moving and I found some more gems, but most notably this set of "screenshots" I wanted to share:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are from 6th grade (2005/06 for me). I spent hours running around taking all the photos, cropping the best ones and squishing them together tetris-style into MS Paint, using way too much ink to print them out, and cutting each one (really poorly btw, look at those edges lol). I brought them into class the next morning and laid them all on the floor in the middle of the room to show my friend (read: to show off to the entire class lmao). I thought I was super hot shit and I was so proud of my work hahaha. There actually turned out to be one other kid in the class who knew about Maple, but he was level 7x and I was really intimidated so he scared me HAHA. Whatever he played Bera anyway MapleF3

I'm curious if there are any others missing, because I remember my friend commenting on a picture of me using Magic Guard, saying "she thought the fairy was cute." I might have given it to her as a present maybe?

I kept them in a plastic bag and they are still there today. This bag is now older than me when I made these hahaha MapleF18 This was in a drawer in my childhood desk, which my mom gave away to a coworker's child last year. I recently moved 3000 miles (~5000km) and I took them with me to keep in the desk drawer again ^^
    [​IMG]

Did anyone else do wacky stuff like this as a kid (or even now!!), and do you still have any of it? Maybe you wrote stories about your characters or "played" MapleStory on the playground at school? I am really curious!! This game is so much more than a game to me and extended far beyond in-game, and I'm sure it must be like that for many others too SlimeSmile I'm sure I have more stuff like this around so if I ever find anything when visiting my parent's home, I will share here. Thanks for reading! :heartbeat:

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    3:26 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I don't remember as much anymore but it's actually really sad. I used to obsess over Maplestory more than I would play. For something around 2 years I had my own laptop more or less... but my user wasn't an admin user and only my dad had the password. When I figured out why I couldn't get Maplestory to work, I asked my dad for the password, but he figured out what it was for, and didn't let me have it. My willpower was so strong that I learned some things in the process of trying to get MS to work anyway. If I had any way of figuring out how to hack passwords I would have learned that too.

In the end I ended up just obsessing over our old characters in the online rankings, and the general cuteness of all the nooby characters in the rankings (I apparently had/have kind of a noob fetish). I would do all sorts of projects around them, downloading pictures of random [nooby] characters and either trying to draw them in pencil, or make power point presentation comics, making them into characters in my mind... the simple/mindless activity I kept on going back to was to re-color and/or re-shade the images in my favourite art program, MS Paint- win XP version. I did it nearly pixel-by-pixel. I tried making custom poses but it didn't quite work out. I still can't imagine doing pixel art in any other program.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to show for it here and now. I did keep a lot of things but then I kept a lot of things in general. And laptops/computers that I stopped using just went away with the data. I may still find things here and there when I clear out my super secret chest of papers of every kind that I kept over the years.

P.S.
    Probably some of my best works are my bannedstory projects from later years, and a team-authored fanfiction I wrote with a group of people on the forums, both closer around to the early-mid 2010's. I somehow managed to keep around some of those things...

[​IMG]

This is just a drawing of all the main characters we had in the story. I do have a Google Docs copy of the story lying around somewhere. It's long. Haven't read through it in a while. It's an amateur project but we did get some followers after our story and discussion threads wouldn't leave the top of the 'fan contributions' tab for months. We outdid the art threads there. People couldn't sell art because of us.
    (Note: At the start each writer made a character but it wasn't really a roleplay. Somehow two people ended up with an extra character of theirs becoming 'main' and I think eventually we got up to 12 and we generally didn't know how to handle it)
    - Andrew isn't short. He's not a little kid. He wasn't supposed to be short or a kid ever. He's just supposed to be shorter than page and he's 16. The artist just had a fluke and then her and the 'owner' of Andrew got into a fight so we left it.
    - Page is an alcoholic bent on vengeance for his dead girlfriend whose death he hasn't fully accepted. She was killed by the black wings.
    - Ember is a mechanic with a very mechanic-like personality. She was an awesome fighting figure.
    - Minerana is a demi-goddess, daughter of Minerva. She knows things.
    - Rorik is a Cygnus Knight. Probably thunder-breaker. I think he's a bit of a snob? We didn't use him much tbh lol
    - Emma is Rorik's assistant. She's smart and has potential but... circumstances I guess?
    (the owner of Rorik and Emma only wrote one post before disappearing mysteriously, and we still kept them in the story but they're vague...)
    - Alexis is a frikkin bitch who would sell anything for money. She's a half-elf but she had surgery on her ears 'cuz she's a frikkin bitch.
    - Seynes is secretly a full elf (hair is a wig) who woke up early in Elluel and ended up in the black wings accidentally by applying for work online. She's not very smart. (my friend from school hasn't played much maple so she decided to wing it and that's what happened)
    - Aerysis was mine... the generic clothes were a placeholder that I didn't edit early enough. I had wanted a detailed description for her hunter clothes but ehh. Just imagine her looking a bit more tribal than than. Later in the story she learns to fly.
    - Gale doesn't appear because he joined later. He's a kid pirate on a family pirate-ship and generally doesn't make much sense.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    !!! omg yes, this is that good good stuff haha! When I couldn't play either I would look on the website rankings, especially the rankings for jms or kms so I could see all the cool items and styles we didn't have in gms hehe. And making comics in powerpoint is so smart, I wish I figured that out as a kid! SlimeXD But that fanfic is something else whew, that's intense OnionRayThanks for taking the time to share!! :heartbeat:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    9:26 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Back when i was still young and maple was all the rage, i actually drew the ms monsters alot though i lost most of the drawings.
    I remember being so proud after finishing a drawing of a stone golem. SlimeXD

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Oh man I wish I could have seen that! Stone golem is one of my favorites hehe. Somehow I never really gave drawing the monsters a go, now I wanna try that sometime SlimeSmile

11. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    i remember comiccon giving the itcg packs as a freebie back in 2008, greater times they were

• Agree Agree x 1